• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

first language you started using...

But they don't do anything when you try to run them, try doing 1+1 in HTML?
php myprogram.php
sure, you can't run HTML documents. You can run scripts through an interpreter.

stian said:
scripting language definition of scripting language in the Free Online Encyclopedia.

Some tend to accept calling scripting languages for programming languages, some don't. But since the script don't turn into a "program" it's technicly NOT a programming language (Java and Python are tho accepted under both because they are byte compiled before they can be ran). Anyway, this is getting a bit off-topic so I think we shoudl get back on track :)
that free encyclopedia link said:
A high-level programming language that is interpreted (translated on the fly) rather than compiled ahead of time.
You just made a fool out of yourself, congratulations.
PHP and Python are no different in method of execution and capabilities than Java.

Programming... is just write some instructions, make a list with them (algorithm) and then execute them (and it does itself)!...

Programming Language... is like talking in another language... lets say that u get a girl that will make anything for you, but she talks in another language... you must give her instructions but SHE WILL NOT UNDERSTAND ENGLISH/SPANISH/n-1 languages... so, you talk with her in her language and kataboom!... she will make anything for u... the same with computers.

<html> start
<other instructions/> bold, center, blink, img, a!, etc... are instructions!
</html> end

it is a programming language...

BTW: i started with eAthena NPC lang too, then rpg maker, then LUA, php, html (i started my "life" in open tibia), Pascal 2 years ago (just a little bit) and actually learning java (college), python (myself) and more LUA(myself) (not for open tibia :D)

2q1tjm0.gif
j̦̞̫̯̱̱̟̬͋͂̉ͦ̉ͩͯ̏ͫ̀e̥̲̹͎̅ͧ͌͛̔̕ĵ̞̟̟̤̑̓̍̃e̮̝̰̣̪ͫ͌̒ͨ̓̊͗ͯ̿j̣̱̩͍̜̬̜͎͈ͪ̒͊ͣͬͧͩ̀ë̵̖̳̲̯̝̠̫͔̎ͫͤ̿͊̑̓̕j̶̹͕͖͋̀ͩͣ̀̀e̵̹̭̥̳͉͇͇͂̌ͮ̑̋͒ͦͪͅj̍҉̪̫̦̕͞j̛͇̹̮̤͙͒͒e͚̰̣͉̞̤ͦ͋̃́̑ͯ̋j̪̰͇͖̲̿̋̇ͧ͜e̶̷̪̥̱̘̦͌ͫͦ͊́j͕͈ͪͦ̃̃̂͞e̢̼̤̦̮̬͇̹͂̓̉͘͡j̞͇͙̐̇̅̅͊ȇ̻̖̰̫̬̺̠̙̽̀ͅj̣͈̞̝̝̰͉̘ͪ̿ͪ̃́ͅe̢ͤ҉̙͎͙͎̞̹͘jͦ̈́̂̌ͥͣ͝͏̟͇̱͉̹e̶̠̬̪ͣͫ̊͋̀̆̈́͐̐͠

Last edited:
Programming... is just write some instructions, make a list with them (algorithm) and then execute them (and it does itself)!...

Programming Language... is like talking in another language... lets say that u get a girl that will make anything for you, but she talks in another language... you must give her instructions but SHE WILL NOT UNDERSTAND ENGLISH/SPANISH/n-1 languages... so, you talk with her in her language and kataboom!... she will make anything for u... the same with computers.

<html> start
</html> end

BTW: i started with eAthena NPC lang too, then rpg maker, then LUA, php, html (i started my "life" in open tibia), Pascal 2 years ago (just a little bit) and actually learning java (college), python (myself) and more LUA(myself) (not for open tibia :D)

Well, that logic is correct in a very basic way. HTML is a programming language, I suppose, just not a functional one.

<html> start
</html> end

No, it's not.

HTML can not perform computations. This is an example brought up by stian a page or two ago: show us how to calculate the result of 1 + 1 in HTML.

HTML is a markup language.

Think it's kinda odd, but I started with AMXX scripting language called "Pawn" :D

Hehe, remember good old days when I had the best non-steam cs 1.6 server in scandinavia (full 24 / 7!). And I had to code in "Small" witch was the AMX language.

HTML is a markup language, not a programming language.
Also, if HTML sucks you'll make your websites using XML? sarcastic

Back