• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[France][7.4 Custom] Celestia Realm - CLOSED

and when is the BETA version over?
Once low level gameplay is smooth and gameplay is tested enoughly, with is not that much. I expect it like in less then 2 weeks, but if take more time we will just make sure its online before december.

i'll play this serv for sure.

whats up with the 8.1 + shit though?

f.e when you're using a wand on the picture, the damage is purple (it says 12 in purple colour. All damage on oldschool should be RED).

Same when you do a lot of damage quick, it looks like it does in 8.1 +

f.e when you're using a wand on the picture, the damage is purple (it says 12 in purple colour. All damage on oldschool should be RED).

We are mimicking 7.4 in a modern protocol. Some things are different, as you noticed, some will still be changed, some we will let it be as is, like the damage colors. For the most impactful changes check the FAQ at our website, under "What is different?".

i think they're using newest tfs downgraded to 7.72 protocol hence why everything is not so oldschool but should give them so much more tools to make the server better, so i'm excited for that
i'd definitely like to see the quick damage thing like it was in 7.72 though, damage colors imo doesn't matter

-N8whP_ho.png

Why do I have a creepy feeling this empty forgotten house has a vampire hidden somewhere?

well since i did not found a key, it might have to do with the 2 levers i found earlier, i forgot to check if the door opened after that hehe

Our 3rd change log, mainly addition is the new introcdutory quest, that every character will get when starting his adventure.
  • A lot of minor fixes, changes, spawn changes and improvements to map.
  • NPC Guide Benedict highly improved.
  • NPC City Guide Mark removed, Guide Benedict plays his role now.
  • Introductory Quest added, every player automaticly starts it on first login.
  • Added some information to FAQ at website.
  • Balanced better custom monsters.
  • Fireball and Magic Wall rune spells now have correct charges.
  • NPC Fabron isn't buying orcish axes anymore.
  • Minor changes to website layout.
@Redleaf

Last edited:
We are mimicking 7.4 in a modern protocol. Some things are different, as you noticed, some will still be changed, some we will let it be as is, like the damage colors. For the most impactful changes check the FAQ at our website, under "What is different?".

In 7.4 you can not rope yourself up a hole with a bag on top of it, however if you stand at a distance you can throw the bag to the hole while roping before the bag lands to go up. Is this possible here?
Also enemies in red health, while running should not attack you back in 7.4.

Just some of those mini details about 7.4 I always liked. :p

8.41 2-second-delay for fighting after changing floor level or teleporting.

9.56 Characters can always log out in a protection zone regardless of whether or not the logout block is active

oldschool players dont like this at all

In 7.4 you can not rope yourself up a hole with a bag on top of it, however if you stand at a distance you can throw the bag to the hole while roping before the bag lands to go up. Is this possible here?

Here you can rope with the items in the rope spot. What you mean with not attacking? Only talking about melee?

9.56 Characters can always log out in a protection zone regardless of whether or not the logout block is active

Stairhop is just abuse of game weakness, I can't see it as anything else. Changing it breaks with keeping the oldschool feeling thing, but it's a such easy mechanic to fix with the alternative addressing a lot of issues. Regarding the other point, I think you might have not interpreted it correctly as it as nobrainer implementation.

Stairhop is just abuse of game weakness, I can't see it as anything else. Changing it breaks with keeping the oldschool feeling thing, but it's a such easy mechanic to fix with the alternative addressing a lot of issues. Regarding the other point, I think you might have not interpreted it correctly as it as nobrainer implementation.[/QUOTE]

He is probably complaining about attacking in pvp. When using stairs you can't attack until 2 sec later this ruins the 1 v 1 fights...
about stairhopping, you could set that monsters attack you at the moment you come down ;)

He is probably complaining about attacking in pvp. When using stairs you can't attack until 2 sec later this ruins the 1 v 1 fights...
about stairhopping, you could set that monsters attack you at the moment you come down ;)

Despite monsters attacking instantly, it ruins the PvE, if your health pool is large enough you have a safe fight against anything. It's not as prohibitive as in the old times as managing resources is not that troublesome because of boosted exp, skills, gold and availability of consumables. People even clear places while underleveled because of a lame mechanic. It will ruins PvP in a 1x1 situation where someone is killable and don't want to fight. PvE always stayed stronger in Celestia, I'm kind of making a choice, and I don't see it's as a huge issue in PvP, it will make a huge difference in a small number of situations, and make it play slightly different in some few others.

Last edited:

Don't speak for everybody, no stairhop exhaust is only good for mages killing things they shouldn't be able to kill. I never did like it, gives them a massive advantage.

Don't speak for everybody, no stairhop exhaust is only good for mages killing things they shouldn't be able to kill. I never did like it, gives them a massive advantage.

I don't blame him. We all like oldschool, but each one of us has it own ideas of what is wrong or right, what should be changed or kept. The guys that wanna join will face what I think is ideal, I'm open for discussions though.

I don't blame him. We all like oldschool, but each one of us has it own ideas of what is wrong or right, what should be changed or kept. The guys that wanna join will face what I think is ideal, I'm open for discussions though.

Btw, are there any custom features like there was in the first start of Celestia where you could mine ores?
I really like servers where you can boost your weapons.

You should tone down goblins a little bit, give their small stones a chance to miss the target.

05:05 You lose 14 hitpoints due to an attack by a goblin.
05:05 You lose 12 hitpoints due to an attack by a goblin.
05:05 You lose 13 hitpoints due to an attack by a goblin.
05:05 You lose 12 hitpoints due to an attack by a goblin.
05:05 You lose 16 hitpoints due to an attack by a goblin.

Spawn placement needs work... You have hard creatures in the open near town, this will never fly on a low rate server.
There is a dragon spawn next to goblins, and i ran into a hunter who 2 hit me so close to town I could still see town on my mini map.
This map is too dangerous to explore, I would advise checking over spawns. For now, in beta you should have 0% death loss or at least 0% loot loss, I dropped quest items from a dragon next to goblins while doing task.
My first hour has been a pain in the ass here, lol.

exani tera noob

Back