• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[France] [7.4] Realistic-War - ONLINE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding community yes...helping, bringing more ppl...teaming with randoms so everyone can have fun..little details that sometimes for those who play this server often...are very appreciated. When you are 5-10 ppl online for months i assume this is not like i did a lot. But this helped you and your friends by having yet even something to call "Community". Most of the noobs that started playing at december have been caught botting...or others just dont logg in anymore, why? Im sure its not because of me...i would had been testing some other things if i knew how to manage a server and so...as ive posted, you just said you are not about to change anything but the real reason is that u all dont have time to put into this server. And thats a fact already..
If you all had time(i know tibia isnt whole life lol[Kaspar had]) you could had checked diff ways of making ppl adicted to this server.
What i seek for is only targets, the more ppl we have at the server i dont care if we are lvls 30 or public accounts lvls 150 but we need to make it atractive for everyone, not only for us... that bot npc is awesome by the way xD but i highly doubt ppl will start saying each other. " Hey guys why dont you just come realistic we can train at pvp bot trainers! "
Lets forget harsh words and focus on our mutual goal. Hopefully you keep hosting this masterpiece, i cant blame you as you are the only one who offers something like this...
Everyone do mistakes, im far from perfect in any sense...
Kind Regards and nice to see you around! Keep up the good work!
We are still looking for voluntaries to apply to gms so we can keep the server going whilist me, Ond and Kaspar wont be around for much longer. So if you want to make a difference in the server apply to staff.

@Download Buddy, this game has been played for many years by thousands of different persons all around the world.
We will find same kind of diversity in real life as in here...bad ppl...good ppl...missunderstandings...pride...shame...ego's.
Yeah, and imo. what we need both IRL and on here are ideas and solutions to these problems, which comes from brainstorming, discussions/conversations with reasonable people that wants to see a change, etc, which is what I'm trying to do here and now.
Personal stuff its what im not about to judge unless ofc its so important but i think right now that even if we try being good ppl this game wont last even 5 years more.
Young guys start playing this game and they arent like we were, they learnt what we dont exactly like of the game...so the community keeps destroying itself.
Ok, so what do we and the newcomers dislike about the game? That's what I like to get to the bottom of.
The problem started some years ago when several hosters made theirselves able to be the only chance for us to play. Destroying competence...many good guys hosters already quited oldschool or just hosting.
The remaining shit is all about money.... but gladly we still have a server like this
I completely agree with this. Further I think what you're describing here is caused by what I've been complaining about here: the lack of moral and critical thinking by the community, [leading to] power abuse by egomaniacs that monopolize by ruining others servers to make the most profit and does whatever they want with their playerbase 'cus they don't give a shit, like give donation stuff to their friends, ban/delete players that kills them or disagree with the power abusing GM, reset OT without warning, etc.
where as u see now that we aim through an unthinkable pvp training which makes u assume its not worthy playing against players anymore as this would be + - the same.
Well, I do want to play with and vs players because I want to interact with people that shares values with me rather than NPCs.
I was just playing devil's advocate to get you to explain what your actual opinion is considering you first said you only care about having players online, not whether they're nice people or not, follow rules or not, are skilled or not, etc. And if that was the case I don't see the point of playing vs real players to begin with if the person doesn't matter.
I would say we are a little old already for this... and as we do this for fun and so on we should stop playing the very moment we start doing other thing than having fun. Oldtimes wont be back...most of the actual players doesnt even know what tibia is/was and why it just became so popular.
Isn't life itself more fun/exciting as kids? Should we quit on life when it's not as exciting anymore?
I think instead we should use our developed brains to make it exciting by changing and expanding the game so that it's also interesting to adults.
People of all ages plays games or/and have hobbies. I don't see a problem with playing a game creatively as an adult. But of course, if you play the game for the same reason for 10+ years, that means something is wrong, like people still running around in their 20's random pking on real map OTS and nothing else...
I suggest you to be like you like to be. But the truth is that we are also anyone to say others how should they act, i would suggest kaspar to enjoy and act like he likes to do.
Sure, and I'm not telling Kaspar what to do either, I'm just exposing what he does and condemning it because it has negative consequences for the community, just like a certain 4letter name DDoSing others OTS' is hurting the community.
I like the freedom in almost all its aspects. I miss "Honour" and some old things but are kinda useless and even dangerous nowadays.
What do you mean?
AND, kaspar and all the staff doesnt even know what ive could had called and said them irl while being killed! if i did, or not, does that really matters?
No, as long as you're not hurting anyone (e.g. keep your feelings private) that's fine. But what you do in public does matter. So if somebody actively disregards meaningful rules/honor codes or whatever, that's bad, 'cus it affects other players. Me insulting people would be bad as well if I didn't use it exclusively as one of my only defenses (on an OT I don't own) against people that are actively violating common decency, displays no positive human qualities, plays unfairly and often start the insulting themselves.
Negative and selfish behavior towards others matter where other people are involved no matter where it is.
they could even do it much worse so im glad for having just a server like we have.
Sure. It's a decent server. If you're satisfied with it, keep endorsing it. I'm just pointing out a serious flaw with it, and pointing out it's possible, even easy, to make a better alternative if you care enough to make a change and find other people that cares as well.
So if you are not having fun...dont play buddy
I've never had fun using tibia as anything else than a platform to build "fun things" on, which is what I'm still trying to do whenever I decide to play some or talk about it.
but you can PM me from time to time i wouldnt like to lose contact with u and even we could play some other game for fun xD
Sure
Hopefully ive read better and ive answered what u wanted to know. Sorry but your english lvl is much better than mine i cant say what im exactly thinking so it takes much more time for me ^^
Np. You're still #1 in this thread at reading/understanding and at responding thoughtfully/intelligently to my posts, that's for sure.

And btw, in case you wonder, I use advanced English (precise words) for it to be harder for people like Kaspar to misrepresent what I'm saying to make it look like I'm saying something else (which he's been trying to do in every post he's made that includes my name). This is what selfish tyrants do try to cover up for their wrong or selfish behavior.

I don't use it to try to make what I say harder to understand (cryptic), it's just faster and more precise for me to use precise, but sometimes difficult words (tbh I even struggle with remembering that these words are foreign and difficult to some, as I'm used to them, since I debate and write quite a lot).

Btw @Kaspar
I don't believe you were serious at all in your last post, but if you want to apologize and try to change or reconsider this kind of behavior ("he says something I don't like/he's not kissing my ass - reaction: BAN HIM!"), I'm listening.
Just don't expect an apology from me for anything other than "provoking you", but that's something we both were doing (provoking each other) since the start, and I didn't even know you were GM, so I definitely don't think I was in the wrong, and I couldn't care less about getting unbanned so there's nothing on the plate from me, I'm just offering a resolution in case you have the capacity for guilt and would prefer to resolve the dispute like an adult.
Take it or leave it, doesn't matter much to me except for delivering me some hope for humanity, lol.

Edit 4317: Actually, I feel guilty for not remembering that we were friends (which I still don't actually remember other than your mention of it in-game earlier) and I wonder if that's perhaps a factor for why you got so upset and defensive. If that's the case I wanna apologize for that. But there's nothing else for me to apologize about as far as I'm aware.

Last edited:
@Download
I tried to act like it was cool when you were frustrated and flamed me, and yet you continued which made me triggered. Especially since we had talked before about a lot of stuff and I was almost certain you knew who I was, just pretending that you "forgot".
That's why you saw me going on a huge rant and we exchanged insults until I wanted to end the conversation. But you being stubborn and wanted to test me if I would ban you after my warning, eventually led me to go by our Rules and ban you, just to end the conversation. It was midnight, we both were probably annoyed since before, whatever. It just escalated too quickly and we made a hen from a small feather.

I was serious with my last post, but currently I'm still not going to change my mind nor do I regret my decision. If you want to continue talking we can take it in PM.

Ontopic, I've created a new thread for people that's having latency issues. It's mostly for those who are on a wireless connection (Wi-Fi). Check it out here.

@Download
I tried to act like it was cool when you were frustrated and flamed me, and yet you continued which made me triggered. Especially since we had talked before about a lot of stuff and I was almost certain you knew who I was, just pretending that you "forgot".
That's why you saw me going on a huge rant and we exchanged insults until I wanted to end the conversation. But you being stubborn and wanted to test me if I would ban you after my warning, eventually led me to go by our Rules and ban you, just to end the conversation. It was midnight, we both were probably annoyed since before, whatever. It just escalated too quickly and we made a hen from a small feather.
Ok, I see. Sorry about that. My intentions wasn't to actually test or push you to ban me btw, but to stand my ground and not allow anyone to think they can use threats to make me do what they want, because, as you mentioned rightly, I'm stubborn in that sense. There's nothing I resent more than someone trying to make me do something against my will/mind, especially with use of threat or coercision.
But I understand your perspective now.

I was serious with my last post, but currently I'm still not going to change my mind nor do I regret my decision. If you want to continue talking we can take it in PM.
Oki. Thanks for clearing the air.

What do you mean?
Sometimes i miss that kind of behaviour based on Honour, doing things honesty, we should not care if others are doing it bad and taking some kind of advantage, being fair and trustfull in all situations of our life, being helpfull with the weak as we all are weak some time of our life...
Im talking like if i were Jesus Christ or smt but i think i just learnt from what i consider "My Mistakes".
Ive been a selfish bad person enough in games&rl life to understand that this "cool" lifestyle isnt healthy at all, avoiding problems like a "pro" is only matter of time, later u may become trapped and surrounded by all your mistakes u thought were gone or forgotten..
Ive already lost many friends due to drugs, car accidents/others. Sometimes we dont know what we have untill we lose it. The very moment when everything is lost your mind start showing some sanity, sad sanity...
This game reminds me all the time those old moments i dont want to be lost, and i really feel bad for this new tibia players that doesnt really know what made this game special.
We are still looking for voluntaries to apply to gms so we can keep the server going whilist me, Ond and Kaspar wont be around for much longer. So if you want to make a difference in the server apply to staff.
Im in for that if possible.

I definitely second the idea of Lamm as a GM. You'll have to look hard for as trustworthy a guy I think.

Ye, Lamm/Fumar seems like a decent dude. You should apply for GM!

Xoxo: I thought about that too, like it was before.. but eds are still kinda good with sio/pox ue/paralyze/grav vita, so maybe it evens out anyway ;-) Personally I can't play ed because my aim is too bad :p

So much hate, guys please. Spread the love. We need to hold the oldschool community together. It's on the very edge of death considering how long people play on the current servers. 1-3 weeks and they all leave for stupid reasons.

More than 3/4 of the old school english speaking community are just waiting for USA Medivia, not permanently gone.

Thx for the support @Drone/Wizard & @Me again
I would like to say even before that happens if happens that only me as GM might not be enough, i know its summer but im not having much time lately to play and so on. I would do my best but Work/Gf/Family subjects would take much time...
So i think another one or some1 else more active should be better for maintaining the vigilance in the server.

Thx for the support @Drone/Wizard & @Me again
I would like to say even before that happens if happens that only me as GM might not be enough, i know its summer but im not having much time lately to play and so on. I would do my best but Work/Gf/Family subjects would take much time...
So i think another one or some1 else more active should be better for maintaining the vigilance in the server.

I'll start studying again in two weeks, for another 2 years. I'll see how that goes, and if I have time and interest I might apply as well. The problem is I have no technical knowledge to "check packages", I could only decide whether someone is botting with certainty if they're under-roof sding. Burst + sd isn't really valid, since there's a delay sometimes and target can be kept even if floors are changed. Also a player using a macro for e-ring when exhausted can be hard to spot unless you damage them less than 0,5 seconds after they got exhausted. Same goes with auto-healing. Some botters are obvious though :p

The most important qualities that I believe you should have if you apply for a staff position is;
  • You need to be trustworthy.
  • You have to be loyal.
  • You need to be able to differ between good players and botters.
  • You must always try to remain unbiased when you're on the GM character.
  • You need to know a lot about the server in general.
  • You've played here for long.
  • You have no previous bans.
  • You must have the players' support.

What you don't need when you apply for a staff position;
  • Knowledge about technical stuff.
  • Commands and how to handle a GM.

I'll help you with all technical stuff and ways of detecting obvious botters.
With that being said, feel free to apply for a staff position.

where hamza and semphis at? i thought rewind vouched for them that they don't bot

Yo Kaspar/Buddha/Ond, please check out the forum on the homepage. I was able to play the server 2-3 hours ago, and now I can't login anymore because of this error message:

"Windows - Application Error
The instruction at 0x100016a0 referenced memorory at 0x69343550. The memory could not be written.
Click on ok to terminate the program"

I haven't done any changes on my computer. I tried to re-install it but it didn't work.

Yo Kaspar/Buddha/Ond, please check out the forum on the homepage. I was able to play the server 2-3 hours ago, and now I can't login anymore because of this error message:

"Windows - Application Error
The instruction at 0x100016a0 referenced memorory at 0x69343550. The memory could not be written.
Click on ok to terminate the program"

I haven't done any changes on my computer. I tried to re-install it but it didn't work.

Check my reply on the official forum.

Any fun to be gm? Its just extra job
There should be one more gm. Then almost always will be active bot guard ;p
Almost always when im playing its min one botter online and this is time when I always dreaming to have possible to punishement him xd.

KASPAR when you ADD any new maps? I love to see darashia or ab :( THis greenshore makes me cancer xdd its too many stair jump and fast floors

Any fun to be gm? Its just extra job
There should be one more gm. Then almost always will be active bot guard ;p
Almost always when im playing its min one botter online and this is time when I always dreaming to have possible to punishement him xd.

KASPAR when you ADD any new maps? I love to see darashia or ab :( THis greenshore makes me cancer xdd its too many stair jump and fast floors
We won't be adding any new maps in the near future.
Greenshore is balanced, it has an OB area to the west, it has a fast paced sewer area and it has a small "city" area where you can stairjump, climb roofs etc.

The more you play Greenshore, the more you'll like it.
Nowadays I prefer to play when Greenshore is in rotation rather than Thais depot, simply because it allows more individual plays rather than having to team up with someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back