• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[France] [7.4] Realistic-War - ONLINE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any chance to server be as popular as it was in past, to be there at least 50 players online with average amount of 30? Because as I see this now there is no way. Everytime when it seems to population growing up to 10 players online some mvps come and destroys everyone and after a while there is noone online except for them. Why I never saw you guys fighting eachother so you could have fun in equal fight? What is fun in scoring frag on some newbies which requires no skill at all?

We won't be adding any new maps in the near future.
Then tell us, how you want to make more people to play here? I dont demand you or make you do anything, just asking? Maybe there is anything we, as the community, can help you with? Because the current situation isn't good. There is no new players at all. We have to think how to figure it out. Adding new maps as Darashia, Plains of Havoc (one of my favourite, people would use monsters like gs in pvp) or Venore (these traps battle would be awesome) and some sneaky advertising would help a lot I guess.
The more you play Greenshore, the more you'll like it.
It's funny because everytime the map switches people starting to quit. Who knows why? I scored over 6k frags and this fast grounds are hard for me, I can only guess what newcomers feels when two or three mvps with enormous speed boost catches them in Greenshore underground.

Thanks for the feedback. If you look at the statistics from Ondz's previous servers, the most popular map by far was Thais. That's the reason why the other maps were removed from rotation. We've added Greenshore due to several requests of having another city.

The fact that good players kill other players easily and make newcomers quit, is something that will remain. 7.4 is a hard client, if you're willing to improve, you won't quit playing just because there are good players killing you, on the contrary infact you'll be more motivated.
If anyone's having a hard time learning the gameplay, I can help them out with some basics.

And Greenshore has actually had the most players recently compared to Thais, it seems like you're picking out few occasions of when Greenshore wasn't popular just to make your opinion about Greenshore better, but the majority likes the city so it won't be removed.

People start school now and work, so it's only natural for the server population to decrease.

if you're willing to improve, you won't quit playing just because there are good players killing you, on the contrary infact you'll be more motivated.
I wasn't actually talking about myself. Sometimes I win, sometimes I loose but still will be here tommorow. I rather care more about newcomers. I just wanted to point out something what I consider as destructive behaviour, something what I completely dont understand. Why someone with such skill decides to score as much frags as possible instead of fighting someone with same skill? Even for me, as not a newbie nor pro with kd 2.0, its not fun at all killing kds less than 1.0 if they are alone. Fighting someone on level similiar to yours requires at least some effort. Why I saw just once in last month fight kd 10.0 with kd 8.0 instead seeing both of them teaming always together?
I know its nothing forbidden but if we want our playground to stay playable which in fact means with 10 online players avg. we should promote behaviours which results in equal fights. Promote, not force.

And Greenshore has actually had the most players recently compared to Thais, it seems like you're picking out few occasions of when Greenshore wasn't popular just to make your opinion about Greenshore better, but the majority likes the city so it won't be removed.
I never said it should be removed. Im just saying how it is. What you are saying is not true but it doesn't matter. Playing all the time Thais was frustrating and having Greenshore is a good thing. However - in my opinion - not as full time spawn switch. I'd suggest 2h Thais > 1h Greenshore > 2 Thais > 1h Darashia.

Perhaps the skilled players are friends and therefore they're teaming up, makes sense actually. I like your rotation idea: "I'd suggest 2h Thais > 1h Greenshore > 2 Thais > 1h Darashia.", although I don't think Darashia is the right city to add. I need more opinions from other players about what new city they want to see.

Despite the fact, I don't play your server (might have in future), I would suggest you to choose Edron, as a second city, even the main one before Thais. If you ever played hopto36.org, your decision will be undeniable.

Edron wasn't popular here before, and I despise Edron due to the fact that it's so easy to stairjump to stay alive inside the walls etc.

since greenshore are connected with thais it would just make sense to add fibula aswell, however perhaps revamp the way back to thais (since u can walk back from greenshore) so its abit closer.

I got some proposals I want to bouce off of anyone reading. First off, I want to state that I'm not demanding or expecting anything since I know this shit takes time.

Anyway:

1. Cancel invisibility should be available for druids as well, not only sorcerers. Sorcerers are powerful enough as it is already with the instant spells. With that said, perhaps making cancel invisibility available for druids only might not be such a bad idea either to balance the scales a little bit at least. At the very least druids too should have the spell.

2. In order to attract players we could try to introduce events, like open battles with two teams with certain mini maps. It worked nicely on 36.hopto.org in the past and I also think Warloria had something similar. The team that either eliminates the other team completely or has the most participants left after a certain period of time wins. New maps wouldn't necessarily be needed since we could use smaller areas that already exist no the map, such a Demona, Cormaya and Plains of Havoc for example. I think most people like a good OB.

3. With all the damage reducing items floating around combined with increasing use of constant manashield I think it would be nice to introduce a way to counter that. One way could be to add quest items that make you do a bit more damage. My suggestion is that we add another helmet and another armor that instead of adding defense like horned helmet and red robe do, they add damage. That way you can choose whether you want to be a "glass cannon" or a mountain or to combine one of each. They could either be aquired through completely new quests or through the existing ones. Horned helmet quest would then have two rewards instead out of which you can only choose one per charater (like annihilator), and the same with red robe. Winged helmet and Demon armor could be the items, just to throw something out there.

The other alternative in case people like it better is to introduce these effects on items that do nothing right now, to get the combined effect of both added defense and offense. Then the legs and the amulet could add damage, while the helmet and the armor add defense as they do right now. Personally I prefer the first option, but it's up for discussion.

I just feel that it's a bit unbalanced right now with the manashield hysteria and the defensive items. Especially for druids since we don't have the energy wave and beam that sorcerers do, that the items don't reduce.

4. If possible, move the speedboost you have on level 31 to 30 so everyone start with it. I can imagine that it can be annoying for newcomers and less skilled players who die a lot to be a lot slower than others. I understand and get the idea that you have to work your way up to get the speedboost, but I would be more than willing to let that slide if it attracts just a few more players. I do however respect that others may not feel the same way, but now it's up for discussion at least.

5. If there are to be more maps rotating, my suggestion would be Rookgaard. It's been used in the past and as far as I'm concerned it's been fairly popular.

Other towns I could consider:
Edron
Ab'dendriel

Big NO to:
Venore for obvious reasons.
Kazordoon for obvious reasons.
Ankrahmun for obvious reasons.
Darashia since it would be the botters paradise.
Carlin since it's pretty much the same as Thais, only with an even worse sewer system.

//Nightingale

Last edited:
I think all those suggestions are good, especially the third and fourth. The fourth is REALLY crucial though, since I think the lack of speed on a level 30 is one of the reasons that make people quit since it adds so much more difficulty.

Rookgaard does sound like a cool area to pvp in, but I think it has been stated already that they will not add new maps. Even so, good suggestion.

@hsaN : "Darashia since it would be the botters paradise."
What do you mean? What makes darashia better place for botters? But besides it after clients update I noticed just one player using bot, Jason.

I'd personally suggest some poll or something. Going back to maps I would like to see one of these:
Ab'dendriel,
Rookgard,
Venore,
Plains of Havoc (without monsters, then realised we are just 30lvl, even ghouls are frustrating and mana absorbers)
maybe part of Jakundaf desert, some dungeons combined with sand ob ground instead of Darashia?

Theres plenty of places which could be fun.

I think speedboost at level 30 is a good idea as well. Not only do you suck if you're a new player, but you also walk slower than the good players, which makes you suck even more.
The offensive/defensive armor is good too. Makes the gameplay more dynamic.
As for map rotation, Venore would be unplayable solo, 2 sqm corridors everywhere. I like Greenshore the most to be honest, lots of open areas and fast escapes if you play solo. Ab'dendriel/Edron/Rookgaard would be nice.

A really drastic gamechanger (I know a lot of people would probably hate this) would be to remove utamo vita. That way you can either choose whether to have magic shield (using e-ring) or to have the speedboost. 5-6 years ago, when you started at level 50, what I recall almost nobody used utamo vita. People died a lot more (mostly because of UE-spam and no soul points, but still :p) and it was easier to sneak-kill players in teams.

Wonderful suggestions, keep them coming! I can't comment everything specifically since I don't have so much freetime right now but for the next update we'll keep these points in mind:
  • Add 'Cancel Invisibility' spell to Druids (exana ina).
  • Add speedboost at level 30 instead of 31.
  • Add a new quest that'll include a new item with bonus damage instead of bonus protection (most likely an armor or helmet equipment piece).
Keep in mind that I might not answer every comment, but I do read everything you type.

@Kaspar: Awesome!

@Brazolek123: Darashia is way too open in my opinion, which is perfect for botters. Also with the extremely slow ground it's easier for botters to remain hidden and not draw attention to themselves since aiming is generally easier on that map. The slow ground also means it takes longer for anyone who's attacked by a botter or two to reach safe ground, which gives the botters an upper hand. Nothing really drastic about any of it though, and I won't cry if Darashia is introduced, I just don't like it.

Alright, the proposal I'm about to make is one I never thought I would make, but we need something to happen to restore server population.

The proposal is pretty simple, unban EVERYONE and give them a second chance. I know, it sounds crazy and it isn't how things should be done, but me and a few others think it's high time that we bring it up as a discussion at least. It could mean a fresh start for everyone and for the server as well.

As a player, I would personally see more people online again, even with the risk of having to face a handful of botters. At least there will be people to fight, and people who choose to cheat again will get caught eventually. But that's just my opinion.

Anyway, let's discuss. I will list some possible consequences I can think of, good and bad, below. Feel free to join in and share your own thoughts about this.

POSSIBLE POSITIVE CONSEQUENCES:

* Increased population due to banned people returning.
* Possible further increase of population due to people who didn't play because of low population returning, as population increases.
*The more people who play, cheaters or not, the better the chances of others hearing about the server.

POSSIBLE NEGATIVE CONSEQUENCES:

* Botters taking over the server, causing people to quit.
* Bad reputation because of botters.
* Too many botters for the current staff to handle due to inactivity.

We talked about this in-game, hsaN, and even though I will probably regret it the first few weeks I agree with your proposal.
But I do think, because of the current inactivity of gamemasters, that more gamemasters would be needed before this ban-reset. I didn't play this version when Ond and Realistic were still active (started in june), I just know Kaspar has been doing a hell of a job banishing cheaters. We need more guys like that.

It's just so fucking sad knowing that people who were banished for botting will continue to bot. The reason why we play 7.4 (or any other version older than 7.8) is because the human mistakes are more prominent here, which makes the game more dynamic. If you choose to shoot an sd instead of uhing/using e-ring, it shouldn't be a 100% secure death because the other guy is hitting sds with 100% accuracy, that's no fun. I wish more people saw it that way. If people didn't use cheats from the start, maybe real Tibia would still have this awesome PvP left.

I talked with some guy yesterday who said he was banished here before because of botting, and I asked him why he botted and he said "if I don't bot, I suck". You will continue to suck if you continue to use bot. And if you think it's annoying to die a lot, find someone else who dies a lot, and team up with that guy. Make a 5-man team if you want, just don't use cheats.

People are bored with the server, would be better to let it die out and reopen in a few months or so

Im not bored at all but there is no people playing...i wouldnt mind to see everyone unbanned. If that means there is any chance of bringing back some people to play with/against.
What about my old proposal of adding 2 war lists 1/1;2/2? :D
This may atract random people i think. Edron spawning and so on...
We are offering the community what we like but maybe we need more diversity of war style ot servers. In the end "everyone" says they only play this game for "pking"/war. ;)

We're not sure yet whether we will put the server on a hold for a few months when the host ends. But if we decide to do so, I know the next time it starts, we will have done some major changes.
A whole new, fresh start with a level-cap at 35 perhaps, and changing the starting level to 31.
Backpack arrangement at start is also something vital for new players, because many do not realize how important it is with a correct backpack setup.

There's a lot to do, but as for now you'll just have to enjoy it for how it is... play while you still can!
I do however check both OTLand and our own forum constantly, and I also occasionally check the onlinelist for suspicious players.
The issue isn't that GMs are inactive, since I haven't seen a single legit report yet, nor have I noticed any obvious botters active either. People are just busy with real life I guess.

Ond: I don't think people are bored either, they're bored of fighting the same 5 people all over again, or afking in temple hoping someone will login.

Lamm: Ye, it's strange people say they play for war, and yet there's like 10-15 people max online in this server during evenings/nights. I think people who "play for war" really play to get an overpowered character, and maybe even use bot, so that they win the war easily. People don't like to play on equal conditions it seems.

Kaspar: Mhm ok :( Sounds like nice changes though. A level cap is a good idea and that everybody gets the speed boost.
Inactive GMs isn't an issue now (I haven't seen a botter in maybe a month), but if you were to unban all the botters, it would be mayhem the first weeks :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back