• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[France] Argardh : Knights of Tibia 19 DECEMBER 18:00 CET

I don't know about the time at all but.. depends on how much you play etc? :p But So the point is that 100 will take maybe same time to 120 or perhaps a bit more, eitherway after that you are max-lvl but you will have 3 quests that each give experience of lvl 120-130 first 1, and then exp for 130-140 etc. Maybe to 150, but maybe 1-2 more could be unlocked to for example guildleaders of most powerful guild or something.

It is so that there is sort of a roof but there's still more stuff to achieve and play for even after you are 120.

There will be a second promotion at lvl 110 by the way. Go read about it at the new Vocation Centre! :)

EDITED

EDIT 2:

Maybe it should be even easier to get level 100? Tell me your opinion mates! We are talking rates during Open-Beta now not Game Release btw..

Last edited:
I will write and explain more elabore about the rules and everything later but, let me just drop some info meanwhile:

Every month we will have a free-to-enter 50$ Team-Tournament. A team consists of 5 characters. The tournament is held within an area in a 50x50 square battle-field.

Also, the highest lvl will also recieve 50$ EVERY MONTH during the entire Open-Beta(23 Aug to 1 December).

If you're a poor kid, br ( ;) ) , pl ( ;) ) or just want to make some money gaming here's your chance!

Establish a team already for the first tournament and stay on top the whole Beta out and your team will be 250$ richer! That's a good cash-stack to have if you're planning to expand your guild.. websites, forums, pro teamspeak-channels etc cost money.

Chances are there will NOT be that many teams registering(If you have an OTLand-account it is FREE) so for a team of 5 that already knows some PvP this might be an easy win!

We will aim to set a standard of 5v5 rules that can later be used in bigger tournaments. We hope to host a 500$ winner-takes-it-all 5v5 tournament where players only have either 24h or 1 week to buildup their characters.. this will take place between Open-beta(end 1st dec) and Game release(19 dec).

Discussion-thread
https://otland.net/forums/discussion.251/

I just think this way of advertising my server is better than throwing it on ads at OTServlist. + Im paying back in a great way to the community to let them pretty much themself form a 5v5 team-tournament standard. As soon as it is set players get much more independent from hosts/servers and can themself make leagues and such. STUFF THAT EVERY GOOD PVP GAME HAS ALREADY SINCE 10 YEARS+! 5v5 GAMES = Counter-strike, Dota, Hon, etc,etc.. the format is awesome and it can really give great power back to the players! And why OTLand? This way the 5v5 Team-tournament as an idea can be discussed with everyone that has any interest of it, out in the open.

It could be possible that different hosts/servers each host 1 "Team-Tournament" a year, and then maybe have 6-12 different hosts/servers. The Tibia versions and maps could all differ, the hosts/servers doesnt even have to stick to the same 1. The only thing that has to be set in stone is that all players compete 100% fairly with no interference of the gods.

And after that its up to the players to, while they play and compete at different OTs for rl-$$, set the "standard rules" etc. Perhaps a "1 week buildup" will not be as popular as 1 year or perhaps also, why not, 1 day or 1 month, or why not even 1 hour with 999x rates? Anyways this can have many formats and its up to the players in all ways to show what format is most popular.

I will keep hosting 5v5 $$€€££ and BTC tournaments for at least 1 year, so I really don't have time to care about this as a player/guildleader. It's there for anyone to pickup and make a small project to make a huge gain and profit. The first guilds/players going for it already at the Open-Beta will automatically be greatly rewarded both during and after(the 500$ tournament).

edit 2: just linking again. the discussion thread for the 5v5 Team-Tournament. For discussions related to the 5v5 format of Battle and possible Server-format of hosting a server for a decided period(1 hour to 1 year) with intention of end it with a team-tournament or big finale of some kind. (( The "Highest lvl race" should preferably be discussed here and not in Team-Tournament thread ))

https://otland.net/forums/discussion.251/

Last edited:
Do I need a special client? Because I tried logging in with vanilla 8.6 and it gives me an error and the game gets shut down

I'm sorry but I have no idea what this Vanilla is so cant help you with that 1.

Yes 8.6 original client.

Last edited:
I'm sorry but I have no idea what this Vanilla is so cant help you with that 1.

Yes 8.6 original client.
Primarily noted towards computer software while occasionally used for other computing-related systems; software that is not customized or modified from their original programming are referred to as vanilla. I'm unsure why vanilla became the food item chosen, it is likely due to the fact that most puddings use vanilla as the base, then simply add additional flavouring, hence modifying the original software.

When talking about specific use cases it will often be mentioned as a vanilla program. In many cases where the software in question is assumed to be known, many users will simply state the software version.

For Tibia clients, which is classified as computer software, on a site dedicated to Open Tibia, the version number is generally the only classification required to be used to identify different versions of the software.

By adding vanilla in front of the client version, that user is explicitly implying that their client version is unmodified, besides the general ip-change required to connect to another server other then the official servers.

Hope that helps!

Xikini

Ah.. so vanilla 8.6 = original 8.6? Uff.. Words.. always so confusing :p

thanks for the lesson! :)

god xikini wth men chill out with your innecessary explanation ... vanilla server= original server all you had to say

I just wish you haven't chosen this "Tibia" version. It would've been fun to play this on a 7.4~7.72 :(

god xikini wth men chill out with your innecessary explanation ... vanilla server= original server all you had to say

But all the first guy had to say was 8.6... :p So Xikini over-elaboration of the explanation was perhaps a statement ;)

I just wish you haven't chosen this "Tibia" version. It would've been fun to play this on a 7.4~7.72 :(

I'm sure other servers(some 7.72 and probably 10+ aswell) will pick this up if it is succesful and popular among players.

But that's what needs to change - PLAYERS needs to start cooperating more to demand and get the events/tournaments they want.

If you as a player would like to have a 5v5 format of team-tournaments or why not seasons and other forms of play you should start by supporting Argardhs attempt to establish it!

If this fails, I doubt it has any future anywhere else..
I will try to activate and wake up some players to the possibilites of this but other hosts/servers won't care unless they see me being successful. So, if you really want Tibia to evolve AS IT SHOULD HAVE DONE YEARS AGO just get on the f wagon mate! :p Aug 23 it starts!

I mean come on guys.. Tibia could be a 5v5 Game on the big-scene. It has huge potential and its simpliciy and graphics is what makes sure Tibia/OT will ALWAYS have a huge fanbase. But we need to enter "E-sports"! There's TONS of PROFESSIONAL players out there but all they do is run from OT to OT in total chaos.. no order. We could establish global team/guild-rankings etc. But now - nothing happening. TIbia and OT is dying and all this kind of stuff dies every day even more.

Vanilla client/server ≠ original client/server

Did you even read what I wrote? :p

Vanilla client/server ≠ original client/server

Did you even read what I wrote? :p

"Primarily noted towards computer software while occasionally used for other computing-related systems; software that is not customized or modified from their original programming are referred to as vanilla."

You're kind of contradicting yourself now...

"Primarily noted towards computer software while occasionally used for other computing-related systems; software that is not customized or modified from their original programming are referred to as vanilla."

You're kind of contradicting yourself now...
This is not the best place to argue nuances of vanilla versus original.

Original, will always be the original.
Vanilla is a unmodified original.

Veritably lie therein, and is not merely seen in the same distinction.

This is not the best place to argue nuances of vanilla versus original.

Original, will always be the original.
Vanilla is a unmodified original.

Veritably lie therein, and is not merely seen in the same distinction.

How is an unmodified original any different from the actual original? People just throw in some fancy words for no good reason, then you come up with some google'd up explaination nobody needs to show us how smart you are.

How is an unmodified original any different from the actual original? People just throw in some fancy words for no good reason, then you come up with some google'd up explaination nobody needs to show us how smart you are.
First, try googling any part of my explanation. None of it was googled.
Second, you asked me a direct question so I answered you directly. It was not my intention to use vocabulary you could not understand. It was the most logical vocabulary to explain the difference between the two subjects while I was writing it.
Third, I don't care how smart I sound, or how fancy my words are. That is your impression of me. If you want to be indignant, that's your prerogative.

I'm not replying to further quotes on this issue.

First, try googling any part of my explanation. None of it was googled.
Second, you asked me a direct question so I answered you directly. It was not my intention to use vocabulary you could not understand. It was the most logical vocabulary to explain the difference between the two subjects while I was writing it.
Third, I don't care how smart I sound, or how fancy my words are. That is your impression of me. If you want to be indignant, that's your prerogative.

I'm not replying to further quotes on this issue.

I have asked you one question, yet you haven't answered that one. I have no idea where you get the idea from that you answered my 'question' in any direct way, since you haven't.
I understand every little bit of the vocabulary you used, yet all of it was unnecessary. The most logical explaination would be:

"A vanilla client is an unmodified, original client." There you go, 1 sentence and everyone will understand what you mean. You do care about how smart you sound, if not you wouldn't have described a vanilla client in such a way.

If anything, the very first tibia client would be the vanilla client, as anything above that has received updates and is no longer an unmodified original.

PS: vanilla is not the base of puddings; sugar, milk and anything to bind those ingredients are.

I have asked you one question, yet you haven't answered that one. I have no idea where you get the idea from that you answered my 'question' in any direct way, since you haven't.
I understand every little bit of the vocabulary you used, yet all of it was unnecessary. The most logical explaination would be:

"A vanilla client is an unmodified, original client." There you go, 1 sentence and everyone will understand what you mean. You do care about how smart you sound, if not you wouldn't have described a vanilla client in such a way.

If anything, the very first tibia client would be the vanilla client, as anything above that has received updates and is no longer an unmodified original.

PS: vanilla is not the base of puddings; sugar, milk and anything to bind those ingredients are.
Your an idiot. I'll just refer you to my signature.

@Thread

Good luck with your team events.

Back