• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[FRANCE] ARNIA 9.54 100% Custom Server

Will there be any creature/item update today or it got delayed?

All the things listed in 1.1.1 are going to be patched tonight. However, I did plan on adding new creatures and spawns, but I simply have too much to do. It'll have to get pushed back a day or two.

Sad as another potential project is going to fail just because its creator dont listen to the players and do stupid decisions with her "patchs".

Sad as another potential project is going to fail just because its creator dont listen to the players and do stupid decisions with her "patchs".

Doubt it. The patches and changes I'm making are necessary. Nobody knows this server more than the guy who designed 100% of it. Like I've said, be patient, and trust me, Arnia is being improved every single day.

Please don't make this thread about class balance. Theres been plenty of one-sided complaints about nerfs by people who don't understand why they occurred. Classes balance is off at the moment (as I expected it to be), and its going to take a week or two before everybody is on an even playing field. There were some things I could not predict based on the beta feedback.

Scythes aren't working as properly

This should have been posted on our bug report forums. However, I just tested it and scythes are working fine. In what scenario were you using them that they weren't working?

Doubt it. The patches and changes I'm making are necessary. Nobody knows this server more than the guy who designed 100% of it. Like I've said, be patient, and trust me, Arnia is being improved every single day.

Please don't make this thread about class balance. Theres been plenty of one-sided complaints about nerfs by people who don't understand why they occurred. Classes balance is off at the moment (as I expected it to be), and its going to take a week or two before everybody is on an even playing field. There were some things I could not predict based on the beta feedback.
Players online: 6
Registered accounts: 120
Doubt it.

Players online: 6
Registered accounts: 120
Doubt it.

Doubt if you want, but you can check the patchnotes and you can see how much I work on this server every day. In the last 2 days I've added 17 new spells/runes. And, most of them went to the weakest classes. After I'm done with these changes, we have new spawns and monsters coming, and after that we have a new highscores system coming that will show much more detailed statistics than it currently does. For example, search for runesmiths magic level over level 50. Or search for any class, over level 40, order by experience.

For anybody thats interested:
http://arnia.org/smf/index.php?topic=150.0
http://arnia.org/smf/index.php?topic=212.0

Not to mention all the bug fixes:
http://arnia.org/smf/index.php?board=7.0

Doubt if you want, but you can check the patchnotes and you can see how much I work on this server every day. In the last 2 days I've added 17 new spells/runes. And, most of them went to the weakest classes. After I'm done with these changes, we have new spawns and monsters coming, and after that we have a new highscores system coming that will show much more detailed statistics than it currently does. For example, search for runesmiths magic level over level 50. Or search for any class, over level 40, order by experience.

No offense there ARN but all of the runes you've create are useless(the recent one) and sadly for me..aura of death havent been made yet :D,waiting on it badly . Less dmg then all the other one,no aoe,not useful at all in pvp either. But i do agree with you that your trying hard and bug fixing stuff/etc etc. I dont want this to turn into a flame thing but if anyone got a runesmith or want me to give him some of the new rune ill be more then happy to make some so you can see its...well,not that great. (Do 200 dmg(pvm) for 350 mana and in pvp that would be (110 dmg and 110 mana drain-which is useless(little manapot gives more then that)For anybody wanting to be my dummy so i can further test them PvP wise send me a msg ingame.

On a side note the server is growing and its still fun...New stuff everyday. Now new creature/item IS NEED cause most of the people quit due to boredom (like not enough different creaure to hunt and loot to look for.) But for someone that havent actually played the server its great!!

Also id like to point out that if your going to spend an entire day scripting that new highscore thing..its kinda useless. People are wanting new recipes,new crafting things (tailor ---mage) new creature...new items,wands,rods,.

Last edited:
I have seen some neat little features on some ots recently, every item you loot an item it has a chance to be epic/legendary/strong/weak/quick and gives different attributes to your gear. this little thing makes a big difference because for example you can hunt dragons and loot 15 plate legs, but one of them is going to be legendary, two or three strong and epic. this makes for an interesting late game build if you can possible achieve legendary end game gear, which would take ages. to put it in perspective, you would have to hunt 100 demons for a magic plate armor, but probably close to 1400 demons for a legendary magic plate armor.

this feature is pretty neat, you can have 2 knights with same skills and plate set, yet one has about 5+ more armor because of legendary gear, and does 20+ extra damage per hit because of legendary weapon.

I have seen some neat little features on some ots recently, every item you loot an item it has a chance to be epic/legendary/strong/weak/quick and gives different attributes to your gear. this little thing makes a big difference because for example you can hunt dragons and loot 15 plate legs, but one of them is going to be legendary, two or three strong and epic. this makes for an interesting late game build if you can possible achieve legendary end game gear, which would take ages. to put it in perspective, you would have to hunt 100 demons for a magic plate armor, but probably close to 1400 demons for a legendary magic plate armor.

this feature is pretty neat, you can have 2 knights with same skills and plate set, yet one has about 5+ more armor because of legendary gear, and does 20+ extra damage per hit because of legendary weapon.

Ive saw this aswell.proposed an idea close to this on the forum but it got denied kind of. Seems like he doesnt want much diversity on item beside knight weapon having more atk then they should..but they are all the same.

And if this ever get add i can already tell everyone will re-roll to either knight or archer. But the idea is good. But i think it should be more then just increase attack speed and/or +arm i mean..not everyone are knight. + % magic dmg, % resist,% resist melee , +speed , + skills/mlvl , +life , + mana , ... its endless.

that legendary unique drop feature is bullshit, better to make sth like gems that u can add into a socketed item which would provide the stats

In regards to gear, we currently have a limited selection that heavily favors melee. This is changing as soon as I find the time to develop new gear with appropriate stats. I'll say this for now, we have very nice gear coming to all classes, and when we run out of gear, we'll probably move onto custom sprites and client. This is way down the road though.

This server could be one of the best and most populated. Each patch makes it better but I think it opened too early, and I think what you should do is to finish improving it and then make a reset. More people would like to start playing a rpg low rate and reach the top. That's what I think, because if you keep improving it when it's open with high levels is different that if you see that just started and can reach the top. Besides if you want to come and see that there are bugs, things to improve, few spells, races overpowered, is diferent that if you start playing a game without any bug, lots of useful spells and great and full mapped.
Not saying that when reopened you can't make new changes and patches.
So I think you should improve it to the end (if you want without closing, so people try it) and when you think everything is better, you reset it.

That's what I think, I hope you hear me.

Greetings!

Arn,

I gave the server a try despite the flowing arguments and whatnot. The server has potential, it really does. Where I think you went wrong was being impatient and releasing it before it was ready. The few people that were online were saying that it is a good server but there are minimal quests and very little creatures. People don't stick around just because you give them your word that you'll continue to update the server, they want to play a server that they wont become bored of within an half hour. You should have already had a solid structure of both hunting spawns and quests (not just random chest quests). You have to give your community something to do.

I bet if there were a solid core of custom quests and creatures that there would still be a decent flow of players. All the other problems in the server can be fixed at any time, but nobody likes to wait around with nothing to do. Like I said, patience is virtue.

Hopefully within the next update we'll see some new creatures and quests. All of the other bugs and whatever can be fixed overtime.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I realize now that there is a lack of content. After 3 solid months of working on the server, I didn't expect the cotent I made to get owned so quickly. With that being said, I'm working hard to add new things each day. Time flies, and within a week or two, the server will be drastically different from how it was when it launched.

I like the idea of a reset, but I don't think its doable. It seems like a great way to gain new players, but also a great way to lose old ones.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I realize now that there is a lack of content. After 3 solid months of working on the server, I didn't expect the cotent I made to get owned so quickly. With that being said, I'm working hard to add new things each day. Time flies, and within a week or two, the server will be drastically different from how it was when it launched.

I like the idea of a reset, but I don't think its doable. It seems like a great way to gain new players, but also a great way to lose old ones.
Which one is worth it though? Keeping the few old players you have or the possibility of attracting a bigger group of new players?

I don't think so, almost every person on server is sure there will be restart/server down for some time due to few players online. Reset will be "reward" for actual players if it will bring some ppl, that's not funny to play alone :D You're losing old ones every day cuz there's nothing to do for "veterans" and we're w8 for new content only.

I don't think so, almost every person on server is sure there will be restart/server down for some time due to few players online. Reset will be "reward" for actual players if it will bring some ppl, that's not funny to play alone :D You're losing old ones every day cuz there's nothing to do for "veterans" and we're w8 for new content only.

I think a more reasonable solution is to keep the server as it is, work on it, and when its 'finished', let players play and max out for about 2-3 months. Then, when the game has stagnated, do a reset and free up all the houses, highscores, and etc. Old players may even be rewarded for making a 2nd generation character.

I think a more reasonable solution is to keep the server as it is, work on it, and when its 'finished', let players play and max out for about 2-3 months. Then, when the game has stagnated, do a reset and free up all the houses, highscores, and etc. Old players may even be rewarded for making a 2nd generation character.

Here is my suggestion:

Do one huge update that will stabilize the server and then do the reset. All you really need is the very basics to balance everything. All of the extra things can come later. Having everyone play until the server is "finished" and then reset it will upset a lot of people. Also, a server shouldn't ever be "finished". You should constantly work on the server, updating it every now and then.

Back