• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[France] [Custom / 8.0] Kasteria | ELOTH TEAM | NEW ANTI-BOT CLIENT| 4 JUNE AT 18:00 CEST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Server Website/AAC
https://www.kasteria.pl
Server Address
kasteria.pl
Server Port
Client Protocol
u wont make serious low rate server with broken formulas and orsha spawn/loot welcome paladin with always highest roll on exori con and 93% hit chance from 1 sqm xDD

I read it all, that sounds like a dream server even for us but with current community this is not achievable. Simple example is Tibiantis, server which have been awaited for huge base of players, after a week amount of players has drop from 400 to 200 - currently it have 120 players in peak and it's still that amount is slowly going down. We have tried to host a semi low rate server in 2k17, people were crying and complaining even about that they have to buy spells and server died within 3 months. Anyway, I could make a poll about such server just to see how many would be interested if we would atleast try to open real long-term server.

Great that you read it, I know it was a bit too long..

Make a pool while players are still active on this thread/server.

I don't know either if its possible but if the players want it there is not much for you too lose, you will still make some money and please the community and if it is a sucess you can still run Kasteria/Askara on the side for wider.community that doesnt want to play hardocore...

You mentioned tibiantis but i think it adds to my point that 7.4 tibia is just too frustrating and incovinient to play. Trust me people likee the notion of it but hate the struggle. I played 7.4 on rl tibia back in 2004-05 and it was the worsr fucking time ever...

About buying spells, see that's also an inconvinence the you dont need to add to add to hardcore, but even if u do i wouldnt mind...

The fact would be you would have a clear hardcore/low rate server and if people complain let them wait for Kasteria/Askara and play them since they would be easier...

I mean its your decision, I just wrote a suggestion since I am stuck on a airport and was think about it for some time..

u wont make serious low rate server with broken formulas and orsha spawn/loot welcome paladin with always highest roll on exori con and 93% hit chance from 1 sqm xDD
There is nothing wrong with the spawn (atleast the real map one which most part of it has been taken from original files with randomized sqm so monsters are not being spawned on same sqm as they were back in times). If it's about distance/melee formulas - they might be wrong, might not be wrong I don't know anymore, but IF we would try to start such server we would definitely looks for some informations about these. Still, 8.0 has different formulas than 7.x just so you know. Anyway paladins/knights on such low rate server will be always one of most pick vocation as they are not too expensive/hard to play.
Great that you read it, I know it was a bit too long..

Make a pool while players are still active on this thread/server.

I don't know either if its possible but if the players want it there is not much for you too lose, you will still make some money and please the community and if it is a sucess you can still run Kasteria/Askara on the side for wider.community that doesnt want to play hardocore...

You mentioned tibiantis but i think it adds to my point that 7.4 tibia is just too frustrating and incovinient to play. Trust me people likee the notion of it but hate the struggle. I played 7.4 on rl tibia back in 2004-05 and it was the worsr fucking time ever...

About buying spells, see that's also an inconvinence the you dont need to add to add to hardcore, but even if u do i wouldnt mind...

The fact would be you would have a clear hardcore/low rate server and if people complain let them wait for Kasteria/Askara and play them since they would be easier...

I mean its your decision, I just wrote a suggestion since I am stuck on a airport and was think about it for some time..
We will consider it.

I don’t think people will enjoy the low rate in the long term. Right now there are a lot of people that have more time than ever because of the current situation but this is already changing. Instead of changing too much it would be better to not add spawns like warzone (EKs and RPs can perma solo level there and the server seems to be boring after a while) and a lower rate after level 120. Of course there will always be players like low and crush that perma pg but the level difference right now is huge. People lose motivation when they see what levels those Guys have. That’s why I liked askara a lot. People didn’t know what to do as they do on real map. That’s why people were max. 250 after two months. But as mentioned before.. there are too many players in Tibia/on OTs that cry a lot about everything. Its a bad community for people who work hard on their servers and People like me who Don’t have That much time to start a new server every 1-2 months because of those cryboys

I don’t think people will enjoy the low rate in the long term. Right now there are a lot of people that have more time than ever because of the current situation but this is already changing. Instead of changing too much it would be better to not add spawns like warzone (EKs and RPs can perma solo level there and the server seems to be boring after a while) and a lower rate after level 120. Of course there will always be players like low and crush that perma pg but the level difference right now is huge. People lose motivation when they see what levels those Guys have. That’s why I liked askara a lot. People didn’t know what to do as they do on real map. That’s why people were max. 250 after two months. But as mentioned before.. there are too many players in Tibia/on OTs that cry a lot about everything. Its a bad community for people who work hard on their servers and People like me who Don’t have That much time to start a new server every 1-2 months because of those cryboys

Well you can't blame people who dedicate themselves to those levels. It is only 2-3 players with really high level the rest is decent levels. Majority is over 120-130 if you check highscore.

Well you can't blame people who dedicate themselves to those levels. It is only 2-3 players with really high level the rest is decent levels. Majority is over 120-130 if you check highscore.

I personally don't mind them, on the contrary i love it, because it reminds me of Eternal Oblivion, Taifun Delivery and hose guys that were insane levels back in the day and it even motives me to level when i see them that hight... And if that was easy, everyone would be 300, its hard and exhausting...

I would love it if we had low rate server, and in like a year some guys like them are close to 400 while some are fighting for 300, and people with less time are close to 200, etc.. (i knkw its not happening tho cuz of this community...)

First off, Im not playing 8,0 often. But what I've noticed so far is that the 3 teams that were on the server had some nice fights no doubt about that. But crybabies everywhere..(as someone earlier in the thread mentioned).

The server had a really good amount of "neutral" players. Was nice to go around seeing people activly playing!
Which means you got a succesful server when it comes to people playing it. (war people, neutral people) but not that many "RPG" things. like hidden quests, mysteries etc. But thats fine people seem to thrive anyway!

Now when it comes to war etc, seems like its almost the same "war" people playing this server, but NOT once i got a feeling that its a "real war"
Maybe because there was nothing at stake? I love the reward system for frags etc. but perhaps we could upgrade it?
Making warmode with a type of reward for THEM specificly. (people shouldn't be allowed to join guild if warmode is active.)
Maybe some type of reward that makes them unique, but not overpowered, Some people like mounts, some people love outfits. some people loves farming coins etc.

What I really wanna say is that, it would be nice with a reward that really makes the war feel "natural and true" in a way.
Maybe some type of tournament with reward? ;)
With a date that the OWNERS set.
This could actually force people to go exp during warmode, set up traps/masslogs, and make it feel more genuine.

(This ofc shouldn't be a big cost for the owners cus ofc, they still need to make their money).
Note; I dont have any idea as in this moment. perhaps someone else has an idea to share?
save the dying game and contribute with something productive! :)

And please just remove the fact you can MC characters. I cant see anything positive with that.

First off, Im not playing 8,0 often. But what I've noticed so far is that the 3 teams that were on the server had some nice fights no doubt about that. But crybabies everywhere..(as someone earlier in the thread mentioned).

The server had a really good amount of "neutral" players. Was nice to go around seeing people activly playing!
Which means you got a succesful server when it comes to people playing it. (war people, neutral people) but not that many "RPG" things. like hidden quests, mysteries etc. But thats fine people seem to thrive anyway!

Now when it comes to war etc, seems like its almost the same "war" people playing this server, but NOT once i got a feeling that its a "real war"
Maybe because there was nothing at stake? I love the reward system for frags etc. but perhaps we could upgrade it?
Making warmode with a type of reward for THEM specificly. (people shouldn't be allowed to join guild if warmode is active.)
Maybe some type of reward that makes them unique, but not overpowered, Some people like mounts, some people love outfits. some people loves farming coins etc.

What I really wanna say is that, it would be nice with a reward that really makes the war feel "natural and true" in a way.
Maybe some type of tournament with reward? ;)
With a date that the OWNERS set.
This could actually force people to go exp during warmode, set up traps/masslogs, and make it feel more genuine.

(This ofc shouldn't be a big cost for the owners cus ofc, they still need to make their money).
Note; I dont have any idea as in this moment. perhaps someone else has an idea to share?
save the dying game and contribute with something productive! :)

And please just remove the fact you can MC characters. I cant see anything positive with that.
I agree with what your saying, esepcially about the MC part.. I mean theres 600~ppl online but the server feels like theres 15~ ppl playing..

I read it all, that sounds like a dream server even for us but with current community this is not achievable. Simple example is Tibiantis, server which have been awaited by huge base of players, after a week amount of players has drop from 400 to 200 - currently it have 120 players in peak and still that amount is slowly going down. We have tried to host a semi low rate server in 2k17, people were crying and complaining even about that they have to buy spells and server died within 3 months. Anyway, I could make a poll about such server just to see how many would be interested if we would atleast try to open real long-term server.
Hey
If for you 120 players in peak time is low then i see no chances for you to run true X1 server. Exp places are crowded and tibiantis Black market is so alive (1kk cost 380 euro).you could learn alot from @kay for example how to deal with botters or people that blackmail administration. Your server is good but lack of justice hand for botters. For example you have a system that detect bot auto equiping ssa.as punishment theres 10 percent chance ssa wont wear, while IT should be instant ban or delete for cheating. Same goes to people with autoloot.

Hey
If for you 120 players in peak time is low then i see no chances for you to run true X1 server. Exp places are crowded and tibiantis Black market is so alive (1kk cost 380 euro).you could learn alot from @kay for example how to deal with botters or people that blackmail administration. Your server is good but lack of justice hand for botters. For example you have a system that detect bot auto equiping ssa.as punishment theres 10 percent chance ssa wont wear, while IT should be instant ban or delete for cheating. Same goes to people with autoloot.

120 peak active players (without trainers/rune makers) is active server and good, 200 would be good for 8.0, 300 would be really good, while 400 would be insane and 500 too crowded...
Back in the days most played servers were 300-500 and it was to crowded...

Hey
I’m not saying that its low or high, what I wanted to say is that people nowadays asking for something, hyping it and after a month most of them quitting server, doesnt matter if server is good or bad, stable or not, well managed or not. Maybe some day I will give a try to host serious 8.0 low-rated server, especially that we already proved since Askara and Kasteria current edition, that you can trust in us (when it comes to fair play for everyone) but summer is definitely not a good time.

u need brasilians to keep this server alive
higher party boost for 4 voc
and for sure remove warzones man where is the point of them ek solo got more exp than on th 4voc dont care about anything

well with 2k online characters theres at best 800 active players and thats still for high rate on start where half of them stand in dp and watch streams insult each other or play dice xD

about balance right now we got paladins and eks spamming exori con/exori hur mf and such on exp without even getting delay for next melee/distance attack where in fact u had to cast such spells right after auto attack else u delay it (with current dmg on kasteria its around 30-60 dmg per turn for ek melee exori hur or paladin ench spear+exori con) add to that exori con without random dmg +boosted uhs and regen server is way too easy to be real low rate or long-term no matter xp rate

I believe with correct 8.0 formulas 1x loot 1x skill 1x regen 5x xp no stage xp would be harder than actual stages kasteria

I read it all, that sounds like a dream server even for us but with current community this is not achievable. Simple example is Tibiantis, server which have been awaited by huge base of players, after a week amount of players has drop from 400 to 200 - currently it have 120 players in peak and still that amount is slowly going down. We have tried to host a semi low rate server in 2k17, people were crying and complaining even about that they have to buy spells and server died within 3 months. Anyway, I could make a poll about such server just to see how many would be interested if we would atleast try to open real long-term server.

Tibiantis, while a great server does not have the same established brand name and advertising capability as your servers. If you guys created a hardcore 1x exp 1x loot 8.0 server there would be a lot of hype for it and a shitload of people would play it. 8.0 is a good client with a lot of players but the servers always suffer from orshabaal syndrome where everything is made easy and they're always midrates. A 1x exp hardcore 8.0 server was never done before, 1x servers always tend to be 7.4 for some reason. I hope you reconsider this after the current iteration fades away.

One thing that would have to be changed to make the low rate work and not be super easy is loot, because currently on Kasteria even at 1x loot rate, the loot is too high because the drop chance from monsters are too high. For example on Kasteria the loot value of a Dragon Lord is 542 gp (at 1x) while it should be about 300~gp. DSM is 0.2% but it should be 0.1% in 8.0, RH is 0.3% but it should be 0.2%, Dragon Slayer is 0.4% but it should be about 0.1%. Same for Frost Dragon, the average loot value is 533 gp while on rl back in 8.0 it was around 300gp too. This applies to many other monsters, not just these two. Many creatures also have boosted gold amount drop, that would have to be adjusted too. These loot boosts would make the server too easy even if it was 1x loot 1x exp because you would profit everywhere with the the fastest but least efficient ways of hunting. Just something to consider if you decide to go ahead with the low rate.

Last edited:
@GOD Wille
Will you be so kind to make it possible to buy assassin stars without having the assassin outfit(at least for the rest of the server time until next server season), making that addon its a pain in the ass, and no one is selling neither points or assassin stars in the server anymore making it almost impossible to get them, thank you.

@GOD Wille
Will you be so kind to make it possible to buy assassin stars without having the assassin outfit(at least for the rest of the server time until next server season), making that addon its a pain in the ass, and no one is selling neither points or assassin stars in the server anymore making it almost impossible to get them, thank you.
Well I can enable that option for now

@GOD Wille
Fuck all paladins

Status
Not open for further replies.