• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[France] ONDZ Custom Client 7.x START IN LESS THAN 1 HOUR

How should the experience rate be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a mixture with features from 7.4 to 7.7, but yes, the base map is 7.7

First we were thinking of having runes 2x except for a few runes like SD, UH and Magic wall. But we're open for discussion regarding this :)

Weight/capacity is an important aspect in balancing the game. I think it's a good idea to keep the original weight balance. However, stacking runes became obnoxious. It would be nice if they worked like gold coins for example. I would prefer having a bag of each rune, personally. Perhaps they could be limited to stacks of 20 for nostalgic reasons? Multi charged runes could also be capped at 20x stacks, with weight balanced accordingly.
Maybe it's taking it too far? The feeling of seeing your current backpack going empty in a pressed situation is nostalgia too.

Weight/capacity is an important aspect in balancing the game. I think it's a good idea to keep the original weight balance. However, stacking runes became obnoxious. It would be nice if they worked like gold coins for example. I would prefer having a bag of each rune, personally. Perhaps they could be limited to stacks of 20 for nostalgic reasons? Multi charged runes could also be capped at 20x stacks, with weight balanced accordingly.
Maybe it's taking it too far? The feeling of seeing your current backpack going empty in a pressed situation is nostalgia too.

yeah stacking runes sounds nice, as long as cap follows, f.e )

1 x sd = 1.2 cap
100 x sd = 120 cap

since it's a highrate, it's a pretty good idea

sweet, cant wait.

idk if u have done this, but for balance on higher lvl i hvae some suggestions:

paladins: make u get like 5 powerbolts when conjure
knights: exori 50% mana
druids: paralyze mb 600 mana to use

what do u think?
How about an exori formula with bolts working as runes in.your hand? I dont like pging with power bolts.

How about an exori formula with bolts working as runes in.your hand? I dont like pging with power bolts.

i doubt that would work, since people would just get a level 20 paladin and get ml 15 and do powerbolts that way

i agree, i dont like hunting with powerbolts either...

maybe make powerbolts 1x or 2x, but buff them (currently they have 33% more damage than bolts, maybe do them 67% more damage or smth)

aka instead of 40 attack, give them 50 attack

Im starting to think you have customized a bit too much.. Is this a 7.4 or not? Higher exhaust of UE? Why not just go with the simple solution and decrease the damage like other succesful servers have done? I also dont really get the thing with high hp/mana regen, high mana cost and higher amount of mana from fluids? Why customize so much? For example double ue is a necessary tool in situations like defenses where only 2 or 3 can attack. In my opinion, sticking to the basics and make a few necessary changes is what I think makes the server best.

The thing in 7.4 was that econony was a factor, which won't be as impactful here. One UE was like 1 backpack of mana fluids, or a long-ass time to regenerate, as mana replenished over time was 1/4th compared to 7.6 when balancing of mages started.
From a player who started Tibia in 7.1 and played until a few years ago, on v.7 exclusively, I think higher exhaust on UE is a good idea to try higher exhaust on UE.

One thing to consider is real tibia formula (algorithm?) for line of sight, because knights can be unkillable in so many tactical positions, where only 3 or sometimes 2 players can attack. For those not aware what I'm talking about, the early OT ceeators basically made Tibia complete 2D with fake 3D sprites, where Cipsoft actually made their game 3D with top-down view and basic 2D sprites.
The difference is that walls in OTs always blocks line of sight, even though it shouldn't based on the graphics. The northwest corner of a building is not solid, for example.

difference is that walls in OTs always blocks line of sight
I remember it being really complicated. Just a pilar and gfb already gave so many options. Compared to an average ot there is only 1... It's still worth to have a look and take 1, 2 more.

The thing in 7.4 was that econony was a factor, which won't be as impactful here. One UE was like 1 backpack of mana fluids, or a long-ass time to regenerate, as mana replenished over time was 1/4th compared to 7.6 when balancing of mages started.
From a player who started Tibia in 7.1 and played until a few years ago, on v.7 exclusively, I think higher exhaust on UE is a good idea to try higher exhaust on UE.

One thing to consider is real tibia formula (algorithm?) for line of sight, because knights can be unkillable in so many tactical positions, where only 3 or sometimes 2 players can attack. For those not aware what I'm talking about, the early OT ceeators basically made Tibia complete 2D with fake 3D sprites, where Cipsoft actually made their game 3D with top-down view and basic 2D sprites.
The difference is that walls in OTs always blocks line of sight, even though it shouldn't based on the graphics. The northwest corner of a building is not solid, for example.

This is something that has bugged me for long. It's in my to-do list, but I cannot do it myself, which means the programmer has to help us with it, and it's not free of course, but it will get fixed. Not til start on Friday but afterwards.

sweet, cant wait.

idk if u have done this, but for balance on higher lvl i hvae some suggestions:

paladins: make u get like 5 powerbolts when conjure
knights: exori 50% mana
druids: paralyze mb 600 mana to use

what do u think?

As we have stated before, everything can be changed when the server is online. We will work frequently to balance and make everything perfect.
My own personal opinion is that power bolts should be exlussive. So I rather higher the damage of power bolt than making people using them all the time.
So you only use them on combos or likewise situations and not for harass.

Knights exori is 50 or 60% right now I think.

Druids paralyze Im not sure was current settings are but will be set to 600~ since its most logical with manafluids from 7.4

ofc its is lol

Koval, you and punio are the hardest people to satisfied.. so I have a question for you and everyone else..
Instead of lowering UE damage (if needed) what would u guys say about making something like this:
If you hit 3 peoples or more you make 80% of damage
If you hit 5 people or more you make 60% damage
with ultimate explosion

The main problem is not what damage UE makes, its what 2 highlevel mages can do with 10 people by using 1 hotkey that hit the entire screen

Last edited:
As we have stated before, everything can be changed when the server is online. We will work frequently to balance and make everything perfect.
My own personal opinion is that power bolts should be exlussive. So I rather higher the damage of power bolt than making people using them all the time.

Druids paralyze Im not sure was current settings are but will be set to 600~ since its most logical with manafluids from 7.4

Koval, you and punio are the hardest people to satisfied.. so I have a question for you and everyone else..
Instead of lowering UE damage (if needed) what would u guys say about making something like this:
with ultimate explosion

The main problem is not what damage UE makes, its what 2 highlevel mages can do with 10 people by using 1 hotkey that hit the entire screen

I think that's a good idea, just like you have done with GFBs. It should only apply in PVP, though.

This also requires higher skill of useage, f.e you will deal more damage to your enemy if you avoid hitting your team.

I think that's a good idea, just like you have done with GFBs. It should only apply in PVP, though.

This also requires higher skill of useage, f.e you will deal more damage to your enemy if you avoid hitting your team.
Exactly my point :)

2 day to open :)

I hope that all NPC promotion work correctly.

Desert quest can make solo?

Last edited:

with ultimate explosion

ues are only issue when other team have mages with better speedboost, idk make a poll but i think ue should stay only make this thing to gfb

Maybe you guys make some event for more players join ?

Boss monster in first day serwer : Yeti on folda or something?

Yeah, event's are awesome.

I remember playing OT's a long time ago, when GM's always went around summoning monsters :D good times

Is there any list of all the new items etc? I can see some of them in the task reward section.

Looking forward till tomorrow!

Maybe you guys make some event for more players join ?

Boss monster in first day serwer : Yeti on folda or something?
Of course events will occur. But perhaps not tomorrow because none are planned so far.

Is there any list of all the new items etc? I can see some of them in the task reward section.
Looking forward till tomorrow!
Not at the moment, but can easily be added with time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back