• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[France] The OX Server 10.95 | Starts 19.06.2016 15:00 CEST

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a tester, the actual state of this server hurts even more. In some way I have also contributed to this server. I expected some bugs, because the server was not supposed to start that early, but would never expect these crashes and rollbacks. I really believed and hoped that this server could be successful, but with this rollback and delays is almost impossible.

It's not even about our lost time, because to be honest all of us really enjoyed this server, but everyone have their patience limits. You know that the reasons of crashes don'€™t really matter, it'€™s just the effect it has on player. If this ots was some kind of "orsh", rollbacks would not really affect us, but since you made hard RPG server it does matter. Whole idea of making this kind of server was really great (loot, exp and pvp balance didn'€™t need much changes). During that almost 2 weeks of playing we had fun playing here (even with those bugs and crashes) but as I said our patience has its limits and I hope you understand it.

Sure thing, I understand the limit of your patience and your choice to leave, my response was mainly addressing your comment towards the team. All the developers, moderators, and other support have tirelessly handled issues the best way possible with the dealt hand.
That being said, we have been stable, for a week now. We decided to implement the cast back in because we thought we had resolved all issues as our tests passed perfectly, and we were wrong, we missed a subtle issue in the large system.

Thank you for your contributions, you are always welcome on the server.

They rectified my issue of lost items that were contained in a store bought backpack, so for that I commend them. They were responsive anytime I asked for an update and were patient.

Also, keep in mind, they're using a data pack that was built from the ground up (according to what some have said) so the fact they're not just downloading a TFS 1.1/1.2 distro and modifying from there shows dedication and hard work on their part. There will be bugs, there will be issues, but give them credit for what they're trying to do and have already done.

Yes, the rollbacks and other such issues are a pain in the ass, but it happens.. Would you rather have a download and run server with no changes and terrible staff or this one with an actual responsive staff (to the best of their abilities) and decent gameplay?

I'm not saying they're perfect, but give them a break.

Thank you for those that can be constructive in their complaints towards the server without being raging lunatics.. :)

Regards,
Cody

Last edited:
Help Center & Support Ticket System

Hello players,

To help expedite the support process, we've added a help center with articles that should help answer frequently asked questions.
The current content is limited, we'll be expanding in the coming days.

In addition to the help center, a support ticket system was added. This should help organize how we handle your issues.
Before, the options were post on the forums, PM a staff member, or ask in the ingame Help channel.

While posting on the forums and in the Help channel are still preferred when it comes to community and gameplay questions,
they are not well suited for confidential questions and issues. The new support ticket system should help fill the void when it comes to contacting the staff.

etUe0c0.png

You can find links to the Help Center and Support Ticket Request page in the sidebar on the site.
(may require a page refresh)
UQIJRMC.png

You will be prompted to choose a character on your account. You may always logout and choose another character.
This character and account will be linked to all tickets you create, you will be able to see all of your tickets and their status.

Mj5O1GL.png

The final features to this update is the "Community" section.
This section will be where we support suggestions and official polls.
It will allow us to give an official response on suggestions, the community to vote on suggestions and polls, and the community to discuss these topics all while being tied to ingame accounts, unlike the forums.
The forums will still serve a purpose for community discussions, but all suggestions and support should be directed to the new help center.

Regards,
OXGaming Staff

Last edited:
Help Center & Support Ticket System

Hello players,

To help expedite the support process, we've added a help center with articles that should help answer frequently asked questions.
The current content is limited, we'll be expanding in the coming days.

In addition to the help center, a support ticket system was added. This should help organize how we handle your issues.
Before, the options were post on the forums, PM a staff member, or ask in the ingame Help channel.

While posting on the forums and in the Help channel are still preferred when it comes to community and gameplay questions,
they are not well suited for confidential questions and issues. The new support ticket system should help fill the void when it comes to contacting the staff.

upload_2016-7-5_5-14-44-png.83

You can find links to the Help Center and Support Ticket Request page in the sidebar on the site.
(may require a page refresh)
upload_2016-7-5_5-13-32-png.82

You will be prompted to choose a character on your account. You may always logout and choose another character.
This character and account will be linked to all tickets you create, you will be able to see all of your tickets and their status.

upload_2016-7-5_5-24-9-png.86

The final features to this update is the "Community" section.
This section will be where we support suggestions and official polls.
It will allow us to give an official response on suggestions, the community to vote on suggestions and polls, and the community to discuss these topics all while being tied to ingame accounts, unlike the forums.
The forums will still serve a purpose for community discussions, but all suggestions and support should be directed to the new help center.

Regards,
OXGaming Staff
We can't see the linked images unless we log into your forum which kind of defeats the purpose of linking the images.
7SH16MU.png

Server have been really stable for a week now without lags, sadly more than half of the players quit :/

Server have been really stable for a week now without lags, sadly more than half of the players quit :/

We're fine with whatever the player count is as far as development goes. It peaks at 500 during the day and large teams are still playing.
More will come overtime, we're focusing on perfecting the server and getting caught up to Real Tibia.

Our #1 priority has been stability. The recent problem has been OVH's network kicks for people in the Americas. We've bought multiple proxy servers and we're working on a free tunnel for these players.

@The OXserver. Your doing a great job. I am loving the updates, just keep on going and never reset and eventually it will the be perfect server. people will realise this and come back. Hope you overcome shadowcores one day :)

It would be nice if the error when buying things from shop wont work would get fixed.
Sometimes in war when buying bless and it doesnt actually process and youre spamming escape to get back to the fight and you thought it worked, it doesnt. You have to reload the client. Its just a real pain in the ass...

It would be nice if the error when buying things from shop wont work would get fixed.
Sometimes in war when buying bless and it doesnt actually process and youre spamming escape to get back to the fight and you thought it worked, it doesnt. You have to reload the client. Its just a real pain in the ass...

We initially thought it was a client bug, but we haven't encountered it in Real Tibia. It's really obscure, it'll take some time but we'll solve it.

@Syntax i really tried to play, i've experienced all crashes and lags from OVH, for me all of it is was understandable, server is great so nothing that would make me quit, but south america hasn't a direct route to europe, packets needs to go to north america so to europe, which takes 300~400ms each packet, just unplayable for me, gets even worse while in pvp, the last thing that make me quit was the abuse of players to magebot, i personally don't use bots because i like to play the game yet, i don't left my whole gameplay to a software, to be honest i don't care deal with players using xenobot or any but magebot, its unfair, or you use magebot or you lose to someone else that will mostly of times, this bot make a DoS attack in server, i think you guys should put a packet limit to block players that use this shit, tho when a north america server be launched i could give another try.

Free Proxy Service

Hello players,

Recently we added a compensation system in response to OVH's network issues for North and South American players connecting to Imperia.
We will be keeping this system as it has proved excellent in compensating unfair deaths.
That being said, it is not a proper fix to the network issues.
We've been looking for other providers, but since the network issues have just recently come up, and only affect certain regions we cannot fully justify moving, and there aren't many better alternatives.

Our initial idea was to make a deal with a proxy service or provide instructions on how to get one, but it didn't seem fair to make our customers pay a 3rd party to connect to our servers, so we made our own.

There's no download necessary, and it's not tied to a client, it's tied to a player.
For new players, you will see an option to select a proxy just below the world selection (Imperia is currently the only world).

glHfrow.png

The default option is a direct connection to our server in France.
There are 3 other proxy servers that you can connect to.
Brazilian and other American players will have their best luck choosing the US proxy (3rd option).
East coast Americans may have some luck with a London proxy, and there is an Australian proxy for the few players down under.

You can verify you are in the correct region as it's displayed in the login list.
I32VLia.png

You may change your proxy location at any time on your character page.
This also applies to existing characters that have already been created.
The selection is very similar, it can be found below the play button on your character page.

2OOUImv.png

We've been manually testing these proxies with multiple players from different regions.
They have reported very good feedback and we've decided it's time to open it up to everyone.
This should give the benefits of a paid tunnel service without the cost. It's free to use, forever.
Players have reported much lower ping time and a more reliable connections.

Regards,
OXGaming Staff

Last edited:
Free Proxy Service

Hello players,

Recently we added a compensation system in response to OVH's network issues for North and South American players connecting to Imperia.
We will be keeping this system as it has proved excellent in compensating unfair deaths.
We've been looking for other providers, but since the network issues have just recently come up, and only affect certain regions we cannot fully justify moving, and there aren't many better alternatives.

Our initial idea was to make a deal with a proxy service or provide instructions on how to get one, but it didn't seem fair to make our customers pay a 3rd party to connect to our servers, so we made our own.

There's no download necessary, and it's not tied to a client, it's tied to a player.
For new players, you will see an option to select a proxy just below the world selection (Imperia is currently the only world).

glHfrow.png

Brazilian and other American players will have their best luck choosing the US proxy (3rd option).
East coast Americans may have some luck with a London proxy, and there is an Australian proxy for the few players down under.

You can verify you are in the correct region as it's displayed in the login list.
I32VLia.png

The selection is very similar, it can be found below the play button on your character page.

2OOUImv.png

We've been manually testing these proxies with multiple players from different regions.
They have reported very good feedback and we've decided it's time to open it up to everyone.
This should give the benefits of a paid tunnel service without the cost. It's free to use, forever.

Regards,
OXGaming Staff
omg you counted Australia (Oceanic) love you

5 server saves and no wild horses? WHAT?
The same for white deer, and the same for crystal wolf ........ what is happening?

Free Proxy Service

Hello players,

glHfrow.png

I32VLia.png

2OOUImv.png

Regards,
OXGaming Staff

Excelent update thanks so much!

Fix the forums, cant post since 5 days ago, my acc must be validated but I dont recieve the email -.- spambox and all checked, NO EMAIL YET, FIX

Was thinking of playing till i saw only 140 players online, maybe when they do more updates and get more players maybe ill bring my small team on there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back