• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[France] The OX Server 10.95 | Starts 19.06.2016 15:00 CEST

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont understand all the hype over here. It's gonna be next normal rl map ots, like all these in advertisement section.

Because this server holds high quality, pixel-perfection.
Read their feature list, I cannot find any other server out now with same quality & features. I may be blind also, idk.

It's really hard to single out features, Joshwa and I had a discussion about this very topic last night.
We've put so much work into detail, and we've spent so much time making sure our custom features blend in with the lore and feel of Tibia,
we either forget that they don't exist in Real Tibia, or we can't think of them because we're so accustomed to them.

Our main goal is to have near perfect accuracy when it comes to content, that means quests working exactly how they should be,
books with the correct text, NPCs having the correct dialog, items having all the correct attributes and descriptions, etc.
That being said we don't blindly follow CipSoft when it comes to features, we've made executive decisions (with community feedback both from Cip's forums and our Discord)
to include and exclude certain features. We've chosen Retro PvP, but we've excluded orange skull and a few other details.
We've excluded the new potions until we can implement them in a way that doesn't completely destroy wars.
Our task system is custom, and has a lot more creature tasks (with bosses and new maps) for each custom task.
The war system and website is completely custom, we allow guild leaders to wager, set a custom deathloss, and allow/disallow new member invites.

Just a lot. A fucking lot. It's been a trip.

It's really hard to single out features, Joshwa and I had a discussion about this very topic last night.
We've put so much work into detail, and we've spent so much time making sure our custom features blend in with the lore and feel of Tibia,
we either forget that they don't exist in Real Tibia, or we can't think of them because we're so accustomed to them.

Our main goal is to have near perfect accuracy when it comes to content, that means quests working exactly how they should be,
books with the correct text, NPCs having the correct dialog, items having all the correct attributes and descriptions, etc.
That being said we don't blindly follow CipSoft when it comes to features, we've made executive decisions (with community feedback both from Cip's forums and our Discord)
to include and exclude certain features. We've chosen Retro PvP, but we've excluded orange skull and a few other details.
We've excluded the new potions until we can implement them in a way that doesn't completely destroy wars.
Our task system is custom, and has a lot more creature tasks (with bosses and new maps) for each custom task.
The war system and website is completely custom, we allow guild leaders to wager, set a custom deathloss, and allow/disallow new member invites.

Thank you.

Nice to know that! Mainly about the constant feedback communication with the community, that's where most of ot servers fails.

A question about the game:
Although the map is like real tibia, did you guys made some enhancements in hunts? (A lil bit more monsters, for example)

Looking forward to play at Ox server!

Nice to know that! Mainly about the constant feedback communication with the community, that's where most of ot servers fails.

A question about the game:
Although the map is like real tibia, did you guys made some enhancements in hunts? (A lil bit more monsters, for example)

Looking forward to play at Ox server!

We will monitor spawns, adjust specific spawn rates, and modify creatures. Since we are staging rates some spawns will be obsolete and may have no player activity at all, if this is the case we will revamp them how we see fit so there isn't one spawn being overcrowded while others are completely empty. It doesn't make sense to have a ton of low level spawns when players are blasting past those levels. That's something we'll have to do after launch, as it requires a lot of data, but we're very invested in it.

May i ask what Ox stands for?

OX is an animal not an acronym ;)

It doesn't really stand for anything, but I suppose it's a good symbol for us since a team of oxen are used for a very hard work load, but I could be grasping at straws there, haha.

As this is true, and I do agree it is something that most servers fail at, I want to leave a comment about feedback.

People should understand, when we ask for feedback or input about something, we hash out the details for a long time and talk with a lot of players / teams.
Once a choice is made though, its made, there's no changing that, even if its not the majority vote.

We decided 18 months ago we were going with Retro PvP, no !bless and no Twist of Fate. However, a lot of players are still suggesting we change our PvP system and add ToF - both of which aren't going to happen, regardless of the demand.

I believe a lot of people make suggestions, or often demand stuff, without thinking about the grand scheme of things. Open Tibia server owners do it all the time and players do it 9 times out of 10. Everyone wants a server with a good economy and a rewarding PvP system. Twist of Fate not only makes the entire server richer (which negatively impacts the economy) but it also hinders the PvP system tenfold.

you've come a long way since tibia.ws syntax glad to see you're still kicking around!

As this is true, and I do agree it is something that most servers fail at, I want to leave a comment about feedback.

People should understand, when we ask for feedback or input about something, we hash out the details for a long time and talk with a lot of players / teams.
Once a choice is made though, its made, there's no changing that, even if its not the majority vote.

We decided 18 months ago we were going with Retro PvP, no !bless and no Twist of Fate. However, a lot of players are still suggesting we change our PvP system and add ToF - both of which aren't going to happen, regardless of the demand.

I believe a lot of people make suggestions, or often demand stuff, without thinking about the grand scheme of things. Open Tibia server owners do it all the time and players do it 9 times out of 10. Everyone wants a server with a good economy and a rewarding PvP system. Twist of Fate not only makes the entire server richer (which negatively impacts the economy) but it also hinders the PvP system tenfold.

It`s a mature point of view, and I agree with that. Although you dont implement the changes we suggest, you guys (staff) take it under consideration, and everyone can see that in the ox server forum. You are willing to hear and discuss ideas, even the most bizarre ones are answered. That kind of customer relantionship should bring goods results for a long term server.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.