• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[France] Voidcore 7.4 - Official Start on Friday - 12.01.18 - 18:00 CET

There is no perfect server with perfect rules, punishments or without bugs.. every game server no matter who builds or maintains it is going to have bugs and the majority of people who host these OT projects do not have a team of developers standing ready to combat every issue that arises.

Just as many have said on different threads at different periods of time there is no way to deter botters or prevent people from exploiting weakness's in a game.

@Okke is an adult with adult responsibilities such as a job which takes priority over everything including this server. This server could probably be in better shape but he is only 1 person and gets to things when he can. Plus he isn't hosting this server as a cash grab like some other servers, he uses the money out of his own pocket to host and spent time putting this project together, its easy when you are trying to do everything all at once to overlook or forget things.

So give the guy a break and stop your bitching and whining about things that don't work or why you aren't more like x server.. go build your own server if you think you can do better and watch how overwhelming things start to become.

Fuck you.

He can always get somebody to take care of the cheaters. But that would be balancing between a dead server with 30+ characters online or a dead server with no characters online.
You can stop making a big deal out of this and report the issue and be patient for it to be fixed or you can find another server to play... and there is no need for that kind of language.. what are you 5?

You can stop making a big deal out of this and report the issue and be patient for it to be fixed or you can find another server to play... and there is no need for that kind of language.. what are you 5?

I am talking about cheaters, characters being macroed 24/7. I don't play here.

He wants attention. You can see in pretty much all posts he makes..
Let him alone, end of problems.

Hello there, voidians, newcomers and interested folk,

the last days were indeed busy and I spent most of my time researching old mechanics, rewriting crucial functions to the source-code of Voidcore and fixing a few spots on the map regarding spawns and quests.

Here's the list of the last commits I made to the sources:
-AoE runes (fireball, great fireball, etc...) are now dealing the same damage to monsters in the area. (This has been tested on Real Tibia Engine).
-Wave spells are now properly implemented, by checking if there is a wall on its way and respecting it.
-Monster's Pathfinding have been readjusted and it matches the original engine.
-Cap-Bug has been removed - You could for example cast "conjure arrow" and it wouldn't update the weight in your inventory (adding it to a stack of already existing arrows), now it does.
-Manhattan Distance has been implemented together with monster targeting and cast chances. (we are running parsed .mon files adjusted to 7.4 version).
-Logout function has been adjusted for a better performance - If you are in a protection zone, still have battle and exit the game you'll be disconnected right away.
-DeathLoss formula has been completely rewritten - It matches the real 7.4 Death penality. (10% on Level, 10% on Magic Level, 10% on Skills - not that you lose 10% of the current skill, but the whole sum of progress - Promoted characters lose 2% less by default, each bless takes 1% of that penality away - That means: If you're promoted and pursue all the 5 blesses, you'll lose 3%).
-Attacking Party-Members does not PZ-Lock you anymore.
-The Melee-Damage-System has been rewritten with a new formula - Matching the 7.4 mechanics and has also been slightly buffed (10%).
-The Armor-Formula has been rewritten and now round the values down instead of up.
-The Defense Formula has been completely rebuilt (Not 100% sure it matches the real defense system from 7.4, but as close and accurated as I could do after my researches)- I'll post a detailed article on a future forum that I'm building for Voidcore's Website in order to replace Znote's default forum.

Here's the list of the changes I made to the map:
-Started rebuilding Calcanea and the isle next to it - It's still under construction and not yet accessible, I'm also planning a quest-line involving those Isles.
-Fixed many spawns so it's comfortable to play. (even though I'm running the converted spawn file from the leak - It seems that the original engine had this mechanism to spawn more creatures accordingly to the amount of the people on the server at a certain time.).
-Did Countless detailing on multiple parts on the map.
-A few quests were reviewed and corrected.

Now a small list of stuff I'm keeping my eye on for now:
-We had multiple people reporting Abuse from a few players, I took care of it and made clear that I wont interfere in what people do, as long as it doesn't influenciate on the server growth. The server, at its stage (with a population of about ~50 members), cannot host a war between guilds or players harassing or power-abusing each other. (which is illegal and I do take actions against it). That being said, I hope to not see people trying to destroy the population as this ain't a short-term-war server where people join and exp for 2 days then the server resets after a week, it's more of a RPG server, in which PVP'ing is surely allowed but without a reason not well seen, as most of the community that plays Voidcore is pretty much made of grown ups that first of all wants to have fun while playing and not jump in a fight without even an argument to do so.

What is still to be done by now:
-Fix the mechanism that is responsible for the TP-Bug. (placing items that you cannot go over around you and spawn on temple at login) - I started working on that already.
-Do some research on the mechanism that spawns creatures according to the number of players online and a possibility of implementing it to the current engine.
-Build a new and decent forum for the game-community.

There are more things to be done, but I should keep this post as short as possible.

TL;DR: We've done a lot of progress, things are slowly starting to get the way they should be, check us out if you haven't done yet, and if you're playing, have fun with the new updates!

Kindest Regards,
Okke

Last edited:
Hello there, voidians, newcomers and interested folk,

the last days were indeed busy and I spent most of my time researching old mechanics, rewriting crucial functions to the source-code of Voidcore and fixing a few spots on the map regarding spawns and quests.

Here's the list of the last commits I made to the sources:
-AoE runes (fireball, great fireball, etc...) are now dealing the same damage to monsters in the area. (This has been tested on Real Tibia Engine).
-Wave spells are now properly implemented, by checking if there is a wall on its way and respecting it.
-Monster's Pathfinding have been readjusted and it matches the original engine.
-Cap-Bug has been removed - You could for example cast "conjure arrow" and it wouldn't update the weight in your inventory (adding it to a stack of already existing arrows), now it does.
-Manhattan Distance has been implemented together with monster targeting and cast chances. (we are running parsed .mon files adjusted to 7.4 version).
-Logout function has been adjusted for a better performance - If you are in a protection zone, still have battle and exit the game you'll be disconnected right away.
-DeathLoss formula has been completely rewritten - It matches the real 7.4 Death penality. (10% on Level, 10% on Magic Level, 10% on Skills - not that you lose 10% of the current skill, but the whole sum of progress - Promoted characters lose 2% less by default, each bless takes 1% of that penality away - That means: If you're promoted and pursue all the 5 blesses, you'll lose 3%).
-Attacking Party-Members does not PZ-Lock you anymore.
-The Melee-Damage-System has been rewritten with a new formula - Matching the 7.4 mechanics and has also been slightly buffed (10%).
-The Armor-Formula has been rewritten and now round the values down instead of up.
-The Defense Formula has been completely rebuilt (Not 100% sure it matches the real defense system from 7.4, but as close and accurated as I could do after my researches)- I'll post a detailed article on a future forum that I'm building for Voidcore's Website in order to replace Znote's default forum.

Here's the list of the changes I made to the map:
-Started rebuilding Calcanea and the isle next to it - It's still under construction and not yet accessible, I'm also planning a quest-line involving those Isles.
-Fixed many spawns so it's comfortable to play. (even though I'm running the converted spawn file from the leak - It seems that the original engine had this mechanism to spawn more creatures accordingly to the amount of the people on the server at a certain time.).
-Did Countless detailing on multiple parts on the map.
-A few quests were reviewed and corrected.

Now a small list of stuff I'm keeping my eye on for now:
-We had multiple people reporting Abuse from a few players, I took care of it and made clear that I wont interfere in what people do, as long as it doesn't influenciate on the server growth. The server, at its stage (with a population of about ~50 members), cannot host a war between guilds or players harassing or power-abusing each other. (which is illegal and I do take actions against it). That being said, I hope to not see people trying to destroy the population as this ain't a short-term-war server where people join and exp for 2 days then the server resets after a week, it's more of a RPG server, in which PVP'ing is surely allowed but without a reason not well seen, as most of the community that plays Voidcore is pretty much made of grown ups that first of all wants to have fun while playing and not jump in a fight without even an argument to do so.

What is still to be done by now:
-Fix the mechanism that is responsible for the TP-Bug. (placing items that you cannot go over around you and spawn on temple at login) - I started working on that already.
-Do some research on the mechanism that spawns creatures according to the number of players online and a possibility of implementing it to the current engine.
-Build a new and decent forum for the game-community.

There are more things to be done, but I should keep this post as short as possible.

TL;DR: We've done a lot of progress, things are slowly starting to get the way they should be, check us out if you haven't done yet, and if you're playing, have fun with the new updates!

Kindest Regards,
Okke

Insane fix, keep the good work coming! :D my friends will join today I belive

Hello there beloved voidians, newcomers and interested folk,

With the Update-Patch from today, I've come to inform you that we're basically 7.4-FEATURE-COMPLETE*.

So far the last thing that we were missing was the Teleport-Bug with items (you can teleport yourself back to the temple, many players contested that they could do that on Tibia back in the days and since this is a pure 7.4 server, it should be working with all features). This feature has been implemented, successfully tested and rolled-out on the Server-Save today.

I'm going to start developing new content to the server in the next days, this is what I have in mind for now:

- Since many oldschool players get stuck on mainly doing tasks and not having any objective in the game other than killing monsters, doing tasks and quests, I'll be adding the possibility of gathering items from monsters through Skinning (that will be implemented with Obsidian Knife & Blessed Wooden Stake or I will come up with an even better idea - Feedback is highly appreciated, as always). Regarding this possibility, I'll be adding around 10 new outfits to each sex so there is enough to do as player.

Additional features that the Server will get in a near future:

- Forum Optimization (I'll give my best into either implementing an external forum or changing the whole functionalities on Znote's Forum as fast as possible so the community can give their feedback and communicate with a better performance and optic - I think players should get used to use the forum, I just feel discouraged as the default Forum looks really terrible).

- Since Soul-Points are not and will not be used for anything, I'll add the current frags-count to replace that or come up to fill that area with something useful.

That's it for now, thanks for being patient and keepin' up with me as I develop Voidcore further, it's indeed a pleasure to have you people around, an awesome community.

Kindest Regards,
Okke

this starting to sound like medivia 2.0, even tho you was not striving for it?
but w/e, atleast it's a better version and you're doing a great job so far.