• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Solved from 32bit to 64bit

simse

Reaction score
Hi, I have a realmap 8.6, TheForgottenServer 0.4_DEV.
The server was working fine except 1 crash a day in average.A couple of days ago I changed meleedmg for knights in vocations.XML and the server freezed and didnt stop, so i had to restart, and ever sence the server will just freeze after maybe 5 min or 1 hour, without any errors.
I am running the server on windows 7, 64-bit. When I try to run the server in different compatability modes, it just says: Server out of memory, please compile in 64-bit.
So I guess that atm, the server is compiled in 32 bit.
So I guess the best thing to do is to re-compile it to 64-bit?
Can anyone help me with this?
Any tutorials maybe?
Thanks

Last edited:
Thats for TFS 1.0, he is asking about compiling 0.4

@ topic

Get DevCpp (Stians repack) and MinGw64 if you want to compile to x64. There is a tutorial in the tutorials section.

you I was surprised about what did he give him :)
I've felt shocked for a little time but never comments about that's for tfs 1.0

Sorry. I still can't figure out how to compile anything even with this guide lol. I was hoping it could benefit someone else since I am not as computer savvy as I wish I was

you I was surprised about what did he give him :)
I've felt shocked for a little time but never comments about that's for tfs 1.0

I dont understand what you are trying to say. Powtreeman probably missed the part where OP said he used 0.4

@ topic

If you have a realmap you probably already have it compiled in x64, else you would get "Could not allocate" errors

@Powtreeman
Look no further

Well you can probably say !software in game on a God and it will say something like "Platform:Win32" or something.

The reason your server is crashing is because you edited the vocations without restarting the server. When you /reload vocations in game, theres a high risk on 0.4 you will end up making you database unstable. The only easy way for me to fix that when it happened to me, was to reset and never use /reload vocations again.

Also, Windows Server 2003 is the only stable compatibilty for 0.4 on Windows 7. Tested all the others and only found 2003 to be the best one. (1 crash every 3 weeks, normally only when compatibility mode reset and I didn't know)

The reason your server is crashing is because you edited the vocations without restarting the server. When you /reload vocations in game, theres a high risk on 0.4 you will end up making you database unstable. The only easy way for me to fix that when it happened to me, was to reset and never use /reload vocations again.

Also, Windows Server 2003 is the only stable compatibilty for 0.4 on Windows 7. Tested all the others and only found 2003 to be the best one. (1 crash every 3 weeks, normally only when compatibility mode reset and I didn't know)

Great information, thank you! When I try to run the server in windows server 2003, I just get:
Allocation failed, server out of memory
Decrease size of map or compile in 64-bit mode.

I check task manager and see that at this moment the server is using 4 gb RAM of 12 in total, in total almost 7 gb is used on the computer.
About the vocation stuff, Are you saying I need to reset the database?

Yes, try running a clean database and seeing if you get crashes still; the /reload vocations command most likely ruined your db.

Back