• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

MySQL From nothing to a fully working, secured OT server. [Uniform Server] + [TFS 0.3.6]

Status
Not open for further replies.
followed your modern acc guide, and it says unable to connect to database... and i have the right info

Enter:
UniServer\usr\local\php

Open the file "php" or "php.ini" in a text document and search for:

;extension=php_pdo_mysql.dll

Then remove the (;) so the result is:

extension=php_pdo_mysql.dll

Then click "Stop Uniserver".

Wait 5 - 10 sec, and then click "Start Uniserver".

i have done that znote... that wasnt a hard instruction but i still get that error.

Yep, 2008 64bit edition. :/

I have posted an issue about it at their forum. But its not exactly as active as otland. It tends to take months in order to get a reply. :/

Added link for Uniform Server version 5.6.6 ;)

edit: I finally got a response from one of the developers of Uniform Server.
This might be a solution to make Uniform Server work properly on 64bit machines, I will test it out later, but cant now. If anybody wants to test it out, feel free to do so:

Ric said:
MyQL server is independent of US try upgrading to a 64 bit version as follows:.

US Initial set-up:
1 Create a new folder c:\us_temp
2 Download and save UniServer5_6_6.exe to above foder
3 Extract files (double click on UniServer5_6_6.exe)
4 Run Start.exe
5 From UniTray run “Server status”
6 Close UniTray
7 Open file C:\us_temp\UniServer\usr\local\mysql\my.ini
8 Look for basedir = "C:/us_temp/UniServer/usr/local/mysql/"
Your path must match that shown, confirms US set-up is working.

MySQL 64Bit install:
1 Create a new folder c:\us_temp1
2 Download file Windows (x86, 64-bit), ZIP
From http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/mysql/5.1.html#downloads
3 Save to above folder. Extract all to this folder
4 Navigate to folder C:\us_temp1\mysql-noinstall-5.1.47-winx64\mysql-5.1.47-winx64\bin
Copy the following files to folder C:\us_temp\UniServer\usr\local\mysql\bin allow overwrite:
mysql.exe
mysqladmin.exe
mysqldump.exe
Copy file mysqld.exe
Delete file mysqld-opt.exe
Rename mysqld.exe to mysqld-opt.exe (renaming is a legacy thing)
5 Navigate to folder C:\us_temp1\mysql-noinstall-5.1.47-winx64\mysql-5.1.47-winx64\share
Copy across all folders and files that match to folder
C:\us_temp\UniServer\usr\local\mysql\share
allow overwrite:
6 Navigate to folder C:\us_temp1\mysql-noinstall-5.1.47-winx64\mysql-5.1.47-winx64\data\mysql
Copy all files in this folder to
C:\us_temp\UniServer\usr\local\mysql\data\mysql
7 Copy file C:\us_temp1\mysql-noinstall-5.1.47-winx64\mysql-5.1.47-winx64\bin\ libmysql.dll
To folder C:\us_temp\UniServer\usr\local\php

MySQL 64Bit set-up:
1 From folder C:\us_temp\UniServer
2 Run Start.exe
3 From UniTray run “Start UniServer”
4 From UniTray run “Server status”
Confirm both servers are running.
5 Set default password
From UniTray select “Advanced” run “MySQL password restore”

PhpMyAdmin check
Restart servers and check phpMyAdmin can access MySQL server.

The above may offer a solution I am unable to test this since I do not have access to a 64Bit machine.

All the best
Ric :)

Last edited:
one question.
can i play in the same computer where i have the server???

thx!!

phpMyAdmin - Error

Cannot start session without errors, please check errors given in your PHP and/or webserver log file and configure your PHP installation properly.

help?

nice! im using this for my server im starting up, lets see how well it runs :) and hopefully you come up with a good aac :p

I have a problem when I am trying to hit "Admin Panel" and everything below. My internet cannot find the webside. Anyone knows what to do?

@HeadLess

Click on "Server Status" and copy me the information.

But this doesnt have a ftp server right?

so i keep trying to use this, and in the end it keeps saying "Can't connect to MySQL database. just a guess is that its cuz im putting in the wrong hostname? i put localhost as hostname... if thats right than idk what im doing wrong :S

so i keep trying to use this, and in the end it keeps saying "Can't connect to MySQL database. just a guess is that its cuz im putting in the wrong hostname? i put localhost as hostname... if thats right than idk what im doing wrong :S

Where do you get that error?

On the TFS server? Or when entering website?

Incase of website: follow THIS.

Incase of TFS server: make sure the uniform mysql.exe is running and not something else. Do this by using task manager, and "Server Status" on Uniform server to check if mysql is being runned by the program or by another program.

But this doesnt have a ftp server right?
Yes they have, just as a simple plugin.
Take a look at this link: http://www.uniformserver.com/plugins/
They have SlimFTPd and Quick 'n Easy FTP Server Plugin.

nvm got it, i just had to right click and go to install and run as services first
its really nice, im making my server nice, guna do everything with uniserver and Modern AAC, cept theres not a whole lot of scripts for it :S haha

Last edited:
Hello

I' trying to fix the uni server but after a sertant step I goto phpMyadmin and i cant log in. I restart my computer and then i cant get access at all to phpMyadmin. Znote, i would aprotiate if you could help me trough teamviewer or som something other.

PS: im sorry for my English, schools out so i dont try so hard :p

TY for this guide btw (even though i didnt fix it...)

krille

Last edited:
Hello

I' trying to fix the uni server but after a sertant step I goto phpMyadmin and i cant log in. I restart my computer and then i cant get access at all to phpMyadmin. Znote, i would aprotiate if you could help me trough teamviewer or som something other.

PS: im sorry for my English, schools out so i dont try so hard :p

TY for this guide btw (even though i didnt fix it...)

krille

Send me a PM over otland with details and I will try to check it out as soon as I am available

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back