• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

From Vista to XP

Bobany

Reaction score
Hello.
I have Vista and want to downgrade it do XP.
I have a XP CD, and I have tried to reboot and all, but it wont load it.

What shall I do? I've asked at many forums, non have replied.

Thx in advance
//Bobany

To go from vista to XP, you have to format your whole harddrive, and reinstall windows.

you mean? formate with windows vista or xp? (btw, i am aware of what will happend, just how do i do this? lol)

Insert ur XP cd in, boot from CD before booting from HDD, erase HDD and install XP on plain partition. Ask here if u need help

Windows Vista/7 is using AHCI Sata mode, to downgrade to XP you have to enter BIOS then Sata Operation tab and change from AHCI to ATA, else you will just end up with bsod after booting Windows XP cd.

When ur booting up your computer, make sure u have the windows xp cd inside the cd tray, and while booting up tap the f10 key..

If that doesnt work, while booting up, tap the f2 key and go into your BIOS and select first boot device and make it bootable cd/dvd. should work.. and if that doest work, then u need a new cd/dvd rom drive

Last edited by a moderator:
Back