• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

function onDeath suggestion

knightfire

Reaction score
I've had errors with this function until now I figured out why it is.

I've wanted to make a script using this function so that when you kill someone you get 1 white pearl.

I have it perfectly scripted, but the thing is...

This function onDeath only works for monsters, not I suggest you to make it work for players too, cuz it will open doors to many and many new scripts.

If you want to do something to a player when he dies, you can always use onPrepareDeath(cid, killer). The difference is so small that it doesn't really matter which one you'll use.

i would like this too, since i cant make any source edits on my sucky vista laptop, but if i could use onDeath for players then i could make so a skull goes to the players corpes when he dies, saying who he was and who he was killed by (maybe even a graveyard script?)

this is a thing i would think, that would be cool.
imagine you went out on a PK hunt, then for fun you picked up the skulls of the players you killed so you could see how many, and who you killed, maybe even but them in your house as a trophy or something.

If you want to do something to a player when he dies, you can always use onPrepareDeath(cid, killer). The difference is so small that it doesn't really matter which one you'll use.

Ahhh! It works now, but the only problem is..

The white pearl doesnt get sent to the killer, it is inside the person who died...

Back