• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Game map instances?

Krewniak

Reaction score
I was wondering about something like random instances, for special events, quests and so on.

I have an idea how to "simulate" such things. For example I can create small part of map, which take only one level, and copy-paste it on all 15 levels. On need, I'd just teleport player to a random one from those 15.
But everyone see it flaws, I suppose?

What I wan't to achieve is a map of the game, divided into smaller parts, each in its own folder, loaded when needed (for example on NPC call), and released from memory, when not needed (for example when there is no players in region).

I know how to code. Probably I would be enable to do such thing if I would create own game, but maybe someone have better skills and knowledge, and could help with such things in TFS and OTC?

Cheers.

P.S. Hope You can understand my English.

P.S. 2
Theoretically I could make "server maker".
Example: After death I want to create a "trial" for player. If he made it, he can receive 95% of loses.
How: Player dies>I set his "server ID" to his player ID > I create server, new, with only little map, with that ID > player log in > made trial > ID set again to original server > log out > log in again on its old server.
But it is probably huge RAM consuming, and CPU power.

Last edited:
Back