• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Germany][Custom] PhiadariaSoft - real RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the snakes poisoning you, fight in defensive or half shielding and you wont get poisoned. Having a high protection stat can negate almost all damage and status effects from most beginning monsters like snakes,wolves, bandits, trolls. But i do agree the poison is too strong and too many monsters apply it that don't even make sense like rotworms applying poison. Same with bleed, when every monster applies the status effects it makes it not unique.

I have reduced the poison damage from snakes and the chance of applying it. The bleeding effect is actually meant to be a part of every monster, as with every hit there should in my oppinion be a part of open wounds causing permanent damage. I'm currently about to balance the equipment and the entire creature damage, as there is no condition applied if you are not hit by the monster actually.

God statues are now correctly providing basic attributes. Skills like combat can be learned from trainers. Right now Malikanu is the last ready city with the new Npc system. Working on the next system already as I have to re-write all Npc's to use the new system. Plenty of things should be completed until the end of the week.

Regarding experience: The rate is also part of the testing, therefor there I will only change experience for certain unbalanced monsters.

~~~~Lord Hepipud~~~~

"Oh no, a mosquito bit me, I am gonna die from blood loss!"
Can we have bleeding not be applied when you lose 1 health, it's stupid...It should be at least 5% of your health.
Aside from that: Monsters can block ladders, NPCs can stop you from attacking monsters (When a farmer is close to a wheat beetle, you will get the talk interaction only).
Also annoying when you log in you see all your stats as 0 until you re-equip a piece of your equipment...

I will take another look on the bleeding feature - it might need some more balancing.
Regarding the controls: If you keep pressing the left mouse button while attacking, you actually shouldn't be interrupted even when you move your mouse over a Npc. Ladders and other functions can still be used even when monsters are below them, you just have to press the CTRL or the SHIFT key - not quite sure right now. If thats not working properly, I will take a look on that (need to check that myself first, as I made some changes previously).

The problem with the stats is currently caused by the re-write of the stat system. That will take some more time until it's working properly again.

~~~~Lord Hepipud~~~~

Then how about potions on hotkeys? After I press literally over 10 times my pot hotkey, it finally works...

Personally i loved the old phiadaria soft this one is to intense and complicated to understand and archer/mage need to be up close and personal to do damage and that defeats the purpose of having a distance weapon. everything still bash's you for 30-80 damage no matter the equipment i made 4 characters all different builds and they all still get hit the same and do the same damage.

Edit: I like the ideas and the outcome of it but its to hard at the start and its to complicated for new players. Keep up the good work but make sure to think of the noobies like myself when they first start!

There is no way to get to the orc camp anymore well i never found the way yet the Lever at the giant wooden gate is not working like im guessing its intended for like the other chain levers.

@Sorelio: How are you using the potitions? I can't reproduce this handling. There is just a delay of 1 second between the usage of healing / mana potions.

@RosOT: As stated it's an early alpha and yes - plenty of things are not yet balanced or still not working as intendend. Up to that I'm working on a detailed tutorial (the old one will be removed) explaining the entire controls and how to interact with the environment correctly. Furthermore there will be a more detailed combat tutorial available.

~~~~Lord Hepipud~~~~

I started this server day 1. with the old king to promotion quests , starshooter here. if you keep auto attack on right click im not gonna play this again. Wipe it. its good. but havign to right click to auto attack all time will make even more botters.

The alpha of the game just started. We did plenty of changes already and more will follow soon. Please report all kind of issues by using CTRL + Z, this or our forum. Ideas for improvement are welcome. The tutorial didn't get in with the start but will follow with the next update.

Here some general informations:
* Create an account and a character directly over the client
* Use your arrow keys on your keyboard to move around
* Left click on Npc's to talk to them (you will have to stand nearby them)
* Left click on creatures to attack them and keep the mouse button pressed to continue attacking
* Press the SHIFT-Key to move items below creatures
* Press the ALT-Key to attack Npc's who are not hostile against you

The next larger update of the alpha is planed in three weeks. Of course server sided issues and critical client issues will fixed regulary including smaller updates and improvements. For a full changelog you can take a look at http://www.phiadariasoft.com/main/node/5558

Of course we will update the FAQ on the website as well over time to ensure valid basement of informations regarding the gameplay.
Vouchers for those who reached level 100 or even 200 on the previous servers will be send by e-mail until the end of March.

Enjoy!

~~~~Lord Hepipud~~~~

u may want to make a update patcher for the client because it is too heavy to be downloading every time

You only require the initial package once. With every update the client will update itself automaticly (on both, Linux and Windows) and use the latest required game files.

@kaizenlord : Have you tried to use a proxy? That might help to increase your ping. The server location is Germany.

~~~~Lord Hepipud~~~~

dorry i didnt try to use proxy to be honest i dont know whats that and after i die combat still doesnt work, you may want to add to the tutorial how to recharge exaustation and drink water and where i can see my strength?

Last edited:
The alpha of the game just started. We did plenty of changes already and more will follow soon. Please report all kind of issues by using CTRL + Z, this or our forum. Ideas for improvement are welcome. The tutorial didn't get in with the start but will follow with the next update.

Here some general informations:
* Create an account and a character directly over the client
* Use your arrow keys on your keyboard to move around
* Left click on Npc's to talk to them (you will have to stand nearby them)
* Left click on creatures to attack them and keep the mouse button pressed to continue attacking
* Press the SHIFT-Key to move items below creatures
* Press the ALT-Key to attack Npc's who are not hostile against you

The next larger update of the alpha is planed in three weeks. Of course server sided issues and critical client issues will fixed regulary including smaller updates and improvements. For a full changelog you can take a look at http://www.phiadariasoft.com/main/node/5558

Of course we will update the FAQ on the website as well over time to ensure valid basement of informations regarding the gameplay.
Vouchers for those who reached level 100 or even 200 on the previous servers will be send by e-mail until the end of March.

Enjoy!

~~~~Lord Hepipud~~~~

Keep the mouse button pressed to continue attacking? thats just dumb. sorry. but if i grind 10 hours i dont want to have my finger on my mouse. not a fun fact, its a shitfact.

@Drow Arrow: I dislike the previous combat system as in my oppinion it is just boring. Having some more interactions and possibilities by simply using the mouse is a great advantage. The current plan is to actually apply plenty of combat actions for example by performing mouse movements as well. This way fighting creatures can be more fun.

@kaizenlord: You can either loot them from creatures, from chests or from certain locations.

~~~~Lord Hepipud~~~~

@Drow Arrow: I dislike the previous combat system as in my oppinion it is just boring. Having some more interactions and possibilities by simply using the mouse is a great advantage. The current plan is to actually apply plenty of combat actions for example by performing mouse movements as well. This way fighting creatures can be more fun.

@kaizenlord: You can either loot them from creatures, from chests or from certain locations.

~~~~Lord Hepipud~~~~
If someone wants high interaction with his mouse he would NOT play tibia anymore. the interaction was runes. you took the system out by implenting the Hotkeys and now you bring something in that wilol turn into cancer lol. we are 8 active players that play your server and everyone agreed that this will be enough of a reason to just farewell.

i just spend a lot of time and cant fine that shitty blood herbs you should make a quest box that contains it

Status
Not open for further replies.