• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Germany][Custom] Ruthless Chaos Season 2 - the return of RPG (Low rate)

Status
Not open for further replies.
26 hours? was hoping i could get a few hours in after school tomorrow :/
Will probably start playing saturday 15:30 GMT +1

26 hours? was hoping i could get a few hours in after school tomorrow :/
Will probably start playing saturday 15:30 GMT +1

That's what I've been told at least. 24 hours and 53 minutes from now the server will be online. Also, if you do need help with anything in game, I'd be glad to help you out, just send me a message. ~Jamal Swaxon

There is a life motto that says "If something is not broken, don't fix it". Cipsoft actually did a very good job at balancing the 4 vocations, so we think it's much more beneficial for the server to carefully add custom spells and new features to the existing vocations, than to delete them and make new ones. :)

If we did, the server would probably be anything but balanced. Personally, on every server that I have played that had custom vocations I was able to find one that topped the rest. And mostly also one that was plainly useless. :p
A famous man once said "Without change there is no innovation, creativity, or incentive for improvement. Those who initiate change will have a better opportunity to manage the change that is inevitable."

As much as I do love custom vocations I do understand your reason for not having them. Balancing custom vocations is quite hard indeed. At least you have a few custom spells for each vocation so that's better than nothing! Considering the server will be released in about 25 hours it's to late for any dratic changes anyway. Though in the future it would be pretty cool to see vocations having passives like Destruckto suggested, or perhaps a 3rd promotion that comes with some new spells. :)

Been craving to play a tibia server and hopefully this one will last me more than a week! I've played both ERA's in the past but never got far at all so I know little to nothing. I hope there are some nice people willing to help me out in game-chat!

Not sure if you guys already know about this bug but on the site u can't search players with more than 1 word in their name

There is a life motto that says "If something is not broken, don't fix it". Cipsoft actually did a very good job at balancing the 4 vocations, so we think it's much more beneficial for the server to carefully add custom spells and new features to the existing vocations, than to delete them and make new ones. :)

If we did, the server would probably be anything but balanced. Personally, on every server that I have played that had custom vocations I was able to find one that topped the rest. And mostly also one that was plainly useless. :p

Ehh, if you're trying to attract the OT community that's interested in custom RPGs, the majority of these players are tired of the cliche 4 vocations and spells provided by Cipsoft. Balancing custom vocations is difficult but it's also a major aspect of a custom server and by neglecting it, you're just lowering the overall quality of your server.

Ehh, if you're trying to attract the OT community that's interested in custom RPGs, the majority of these players are tired of the cliche 4 vocations and spells provided by Cipsoft. Balancing custom vocations is difficult but it's also a major aspect of a custom server and by neglecting it, you're just lowering the overall quality of your server.

If you've played Ruthless before you will know how good quality there is in the server in general.
The map, the quests, everything is just perfect.

100% true. Also the 4 Cipsoft vocations are not 100% balanced in my opinion, and there is always room for improvement.

Anyone can update me on the trainers? I quit last season when those were introduced...
I'd rather they only went for the old-school training instead of adding the new offline training.

So how does the system work etc etc?

A famous man once said "Without change there is no innovation, creativity, or incentive for improvement. Those who initiate change will have a better opportunity to manage the change that is inevitable."

As much as I do love custom vocations I do understand your reason for not having them. Balancing custom vocations is quite hard indeed. At least you have a few custom spells for each vocation so that's better than nothing! Considering the server will be released in about 25 hours it's to late for any dratic changes anyway. Though in the future it would be pretty cool to see vocations having passives like Destruckto suggested, or perhaps a 3rd promotion that comes with some new spells. :)

Been craving to play a tibia server and hopefully this one will last me more than a week! I've played both ERA's in the past but never got far at all so I know little to nothing. I hope there are some nice people willing to help me out in game-chat!

Completely true, and one of the objectives of this, or any other server is to bring change and innovation (else we would all play real Tibia). I did not mean that change is bad. I just meant that for us, it is better to apply change (new spells and features) on an already existing, solid base (tibia's vocations) rather than to start them from 0. :)

Obviously, our goal is that one day, the vocations will have changed so much that they will not resemble the 4 original ones. But we prefer to do changes slowly, rather than to rush it and have a bad result.

Anyone can update me on the trainers? I quit last season when those were introduced...
I'd rather they only went for the old-school training instead of adding the new offline training.

So how does the system work etc etc?

Serunts (training statues) still exist, and you need to have the rank of Explorer of the Sarlin Society to access them. They use your soul points, meaning you can only train a limited time, and while skilling at them you gain skills at a rate of 50% (meaning oldschool training is much more efficient). Also, knights can no longer stay permanently online while using Iron Wall training at gargoyles. :)

Completely true, and one of the objectives of this, or any other server is to bring change and innovation (else we would all play real Tibia). I did not mean that change is bad. I just meant that for us, it is better to apply change (new spells and features) on an already existing, solid base (tibia's vocations) rather than to start them from 0. :)

Obviously, our goal is that one day, the vocations will have changed so much that they will not resemble the 4 original ones. But we prefer to do changes slowly, rather than to rush it.

And to be honest, the regular vocations in combination with their new spells that enhance the abilities they were originally designed for (knights are actually real tanks here while using the utamo res spell, druids are a real support vocation that obtain better healing abilities by transforming into wolf firm etc.) work really well for this server. In my opinion new vocations aren't necessary, the main focus of the server is its storyline. If anything new vocations would make it more annoying, I like the simplicity of knowing the 4 vocations and not having to relearn everything (let alone have to figure out what 8 new vocations excellent at).

About the training, I've always dsliked that but I get that it got implemented, it's a nice addition to attract a few more players.

Status
Not open for further replies.