• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Germany] MasterCores.com [7.4/Custom]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Znote, you are joking right?
You got some stupid e-mail and immediately terrified. Consider whether it even makes sense, logic. And this is supposed to be a reason to exclude the server without errors? On which he plays more than 500 people ...

Can you PLEASE open the server ( Taking away the Donate option) And use the next 2 days ( As you got 48 hours to replay and speak with the guy who sendt email ) So we can have some fun ..Win / win for bouth sides ..We waste our cash and will need to mass donate in few days and we can have some fun !

So Znote are afraid cipsoft and and turned off the server? gratz

Lol its business!
Why do you think we're being ddosed all the time? Because someone (realots?) is trying to fck you over (obv not cipsoft)
Stop making excuses and grow some ballls..

/ Nexuz

@Znote

Did you check back with no.ip.org to validate the authenticity of the email?

Gimmi The server and i'll host it i dont give a fuck about cipsoft or any dumb ass letters i will have it up even if i have to go to prison!

Erik is afraid. Hes life is pretty much on stake. I am not afraid, I thought its a fake mail. However by the source it seems pretty damn legit. If we manage to completely verify that it is a fake, we should get the OT up running as fast as possible. However if its a legit mail then yeah, we are in trouble and need some time.

The mail was not in the trash/dustbin box.

x-store-info:sbevkl2QZR7OXo7WID5ZcVBK1Phj2jX/
Authentication-Results: hotmail.com; sender-id=pass (sender IP is 8.23.224.61) [email protected]; dkim=neutral header.d=no-ip.com; x-hmca=pass
X-Message-Status: n:0:n
X-SID-PRA: No-IP Abuse <[email protected]>
X-SID-Result: Pass
X-AUTH-Result: PASS
X-Message-Delivery: Vj0xLjE7dXM9MDtsPTA7YT0xO0Q9MTtHRD0xO1NDTD0w
X-Message-Info: NhFq/7gR1vRgGjDxIw3yeLX6o6UTY20i/+YlbdQa5BXwApnC3YcnALmnXseTy15UJo0bcbU9nVeTiTiUjs+szf+HFRCj0X1FdKywgn+zSIJ2CPXCPDqhWkz6s6+O7UWpc4SXGabMvaU=
Received: from out.smtp-auth.no-ip.com ([8.23.224.61]) by COL0-MC2-F2.Col0.hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.4900);
Tue, 6 Mar 2012 11:28:30 -0800
X-No-IP: [email protected]
X-Report-Spam-To: [email protected]
Received: from [10.1.1.19] (24-205-108-194.static.reno.nv.charter.com [24.205.108.194])
(Authenticated sender: [email protected])
by smtp-auth.no-ip.com (Postfix) with ESMTPA id D7E0E400A05
for <[email protected]>; Tue, 6 Mar 2012 11:28:30 -0800 (PST)
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Subject: Fwd: Takedown notice c01.no-ip.org, c03.no-ip.org
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2012 11:28:30 -0800
References: <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
Message-Id: <[email protected]>
Mime-Version: 1.0 (Apple Message framework v1257)
X-Mailer: Apple Mail (2.1257)
Return-Path: [email protected]
X-OriginalArrivalTime: 06 Mar 2012 19:28:31.0016 (UTC) FILETIME=[50414A80:01CCFBCF]

Please respond to the sender directly regarding this issue.

Also, please reply to this email in the next 48 hours to confirm you =
have received it. Failure to respond could lead to the suspension of =
your account.

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Stephan Vogler <[email protected]>
> Subject: Takedown notice c01.no-ip.org, c03.no-ip.org
> Date: March 6, 2012 9:49:06 AM PST
> To: [email protected]
>=20
> We, Cipsoft GmbH, are the owner of the trademark "Tibia". Widespread
> use of the Tibia trade mark has been made in the field of exploitation
> of massively multiplayer online roleplaying games, to the extent that
> this trademark has acquired an extensive reputation and goodwill.
>=20
> The Tibia trademark is, accordingly, also a well-known mark for all
> relevant purposes of trademark law.
>=20
> It has come to our attention that our trademark is being used
> marketing a competitive massively multiplayer online roleplaying game
> utilizing the domain name "mastercores.com", hosted on IP addresses:
>=20
> 46.165.201.2 (port 80, 7171, 7172)
>=20
> Despite previous cease and desist notices, our copyright and trademark
> remain infringed upon. The offender utilizes anonymous DNS hosters and
> WHOIS privacy services to masquarade his true identity.=20
>=20
> This trademark is confusingly and/or deceptively similar to our Tibia
> trademark and also constitutes a reproduction or imitation thereof.
> (United Kingdom Trade Marks Act 1994). In the circumstances, your use
> of the Tibia trademark will constitute an infringement of our civil
> and common law rights.
>=20
> In addition to the trademark violation, said internet website is
> flagrantly violating international copyright laws by distributing
> content ("MMORPG maps") upon which the intellectual property is ours.
>=20
> In the circumstances, we demand that you immediately:
>=20
> 1. Immediately suspend the account(s) associated with the hostnames
> 'c01.no-ip.org' and 'c03.no-ip.org'.
>=20
> 2. Keep on record any and all information in your custody or =
control
> pertaining the identity of the account holder utilizing said
> hostnames, including but not limited to his full name, payment
> records and logfiles.
>=20
> This is written without prejudice to our rights, all of which are
> hereby expressly reserved.
>=20
> Yours faithfully,
>=20
> Stephan V=F6gler
> Cipsoft GmbH

Erik is afraid. Hes life is pretty much on stake. I am not afraid, I thought its a fake mail. However by the source it seems pretty damn legit. If we manage to completely verify that it is a fake, we should get the OT up running as fast as possible. However if its a legit mail then yeah, we are in trouble and need some time.

The email headers doesn't imply it's legit, at all. The headers only show that the email came from no-ip.org, since they forwarded the email to you/Erik.

If they would send an Email like that , they cannot just say " hey we got the rights" they should have sendt you papers witch state that they have the copyrights and on witch part you are breaking..Is there no chance that someone else can Rehost it? without loosing data?

ye but this guy got ur ot in hes ass.look at cipsoft and how much profit they got so im still 100% fake,im thinking erik was just looking for reason to close it XD

Repeat I can Host it as i said i dont care about anything and Cipsoft can be kcnoking my dorr i'll be oping with a gun.

Yeah im pretty sure the initial sender is fake. However the mail we got was forwarded from [email protected] which is not fake. It has gotten through the abuse and we was treatened by loosing the domain mastercores.com if we didnt answer in 48 hours.

We will try to contact abuse for their header information if the current information is not sufficient.

fake person ---> no-IP abuse

no-ip abuse approve the mail as legit claim, and forward the mail with a "answer within 48 hour" threat to our mail.

Because we were not directly contacted, but was contacted via no-ip abuse, we may not be able to directly determine wether the source report was fake or not.

Edit:
http://otland.net/f43/germany-mastercores-com-7-4-custom-4th-feb-150019/index200.html#post1477402

Last edited:
The problem is with the hosting company. Hosting company doesn't care is it legit or not, it's easier for them to just suspend the server and say them gtfo than investigating that whole thing. They have got a lot of client and, srsly, once again, they DO NOT CARE!

The dedicated server was shutdown by erik, not by the hosting company. So far the hosting company has only been complaining about our immense income of ddos attacks. not this. :p

Poor hosting company, getting so much hate on their shoulders!
Well, I for one believe what you're saying, keep on fighting the fight.
I'm off for the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.