• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Gesior ACC with Amazon EC2

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm having problems setting up lost account recovery...

Whenever I try to send email to my users I get this message:
"SMTP Error: Could not connect to SMTP host"

I've tried every smtp configuration I can think of, and I've tried this same configuration on another software on my personal computer and it works just fine.

I've also did some research on google, I'm using Amazon EC2 as a host for my server, and I've seen that amazon blocks smtp so their servers don't become huge spam servers...

Can someone assist me with this problem? have any of you used ec2 with gesior lately?
Here is my email configuration at config.php:

// E-MAIL config
$config['site']['send_emails'] = True; // is acc. maker configured to send e-mails?
$config['site']['mail_address'] = "[email protected]"; // e-mail address
$config['site']['smtp_enabled'] = "yes"; // send by smtp or mail function (set 0 if use mail function)
$config['site']['smtp_host'] = "ssl://smtp.gmail.com"; //"ssl://smtp.gmail.com"; // address "//
$config['site']['smtp_port'] = 465; // port
$config['site']['smtp_auth'] = True; // need authorization? (set 0 if not need auth)
$config['site']['smtp_user'] = "[email protected]"; // login
$config['site']['smtp_pass'] = "mypassword"; // password

Whenever I try to send email it returns me the same message:
"SMTP Error: Could not connect to SMTP host"

I'm not very familiar with php, so I'm struggling a lot :x

Any input will be helpfull :D

Edit#1: My OTServer site: criciumateam.servebeer.com
I left Account Recovery open if u guys need to see it happening...

Last edited:
Back