• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

God, religion, worshiping roguelike-like system

Alcyone

Reaction score
Hello, I would like to implement a gods system in my server that works somewhat like old roguelike games (e.g. Dungeon Crawl, Nethack, etc.) in which you can choose to worship a god (or not worshiping any) and if you follow this god's instructions you can get rewards or upgrades and if you don't, this god can punish you by summoning monsters around you, with downgrades or teleporting you to other places. Is this really hard to do? What do I need? I know really basic scripting but I'm willing to learn. Do you think this would be a nice complement to my server?

Hello, I would like to implement a gods system in my server that works somewhat like old roguelike games (e.g. Dungeon Crawl, Nethack, etc.) in which you can choose to worship a god (or not worshiping any) and if you follow this god's instructions you can get rewards or upgrades and if you don't, this god can punish you by summoning monsters around you, with downgrades or teleporting you to other places. Is this really hard to do? What do I need? I know really basic scripting but I'm willing to learn. Do you think this would be a nice complement to my server?
why would you not follow the god's instructions? seems impractical

Back