• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

godaddy

Joriku

Working in the mines, need something?
Solutions
Reaction score
YouTube
Joriku
Hello,
How do i connect my domain to my host?
No clue how to do it anymore on godaddy.. can't get it to work.
Poster:
Type: A
Name: @
Host: my host ip adress
TTL: 600 Seconds

Solution
I've taken the below image from the godaddy support pages as an example.
You only want to have one A record for the "@" name (which I guess means just domain name - I think godaddy do something else for subdomains)
Delete your current "A" records, and add a new one with the settings you require.

1548381300932.png
I think godaddy offer DNS hosting as a separate service, so assuming you bought both the domain and DNS hosting from godaddy the nameservers are probably already correct so that shouldn't be an issue.
So there is probably a zone file area where you get to add records, sounds like thats where you're at

No idea what "Poster:" is
Name: yourdomain.com
Value: 12.345.678.9 (hosts IP)
TTL: 300 (I've always used 300, I don't really have a reason for this)

Note that DNS settings take time to propogate through the internets - changes are not instant
Feel free to take a screenshot, might be useful if you're still having dramas

Last edited:
I think godaddy offer DNS hosting as a separate service, so assuming you bought both the domain and DNS hosting from godaddy the nameservers are probably already correct so that shouldn't be an issue.
So there is probably a zone file area where you get to add records, sounds like thats where you're at

No idea what "Poster:" is
Name: yourdomain.com
Value: 12.345.678.9 (hosts IP)
TTL: 300 (I've always used 300, I don't really have a reason for this)

Note that DNS settings take time to propogate through the internets - changes are not instant
This, i can't get it to work, iam on DNS settings

Attachments

You only want to have one A record for the "@" name (which I guess means just domain name - I think godaddy do something else for subdomains)
Delete your current "A" records, and add a new one with the settings you require.

1548381300932.png

Solution

View attachment 34243
Getting this..

Attachments

Are you editing the image to remove the rest of the IP?
No need to do this, even with the domain we can all see the IP.

If you're not editing the image, it looks like you are not typing in the full host IP.
Also it simply might not have updated yet.

EDIT: It works, you're just impatient xD
1548382628069.png

Are you editing the image to remove the rest of the IP?
No need to do this, even with the domain we can all see the IP.

If you're not editing the image, it looks like you are not typing in the full host IP.
Also it simply might not have updated yet.

EDIT: It works, you're just impatient xD
View attachment 34247
I did edit the image, and still not working for me on 2 pcs :(

You need to wait!
Right now the changes are being made in DNS caches all over the world. It is not instant, it can take up to 48 hours to fully propagate! xD
Just trust that it IS working, and view your website with the direct IP for now.

You need to wait!
Right now the changes are being made in DNS caches all over the world. It is not instant, it can take up to 48 hours to fully propagate! xD
Holy moly, allright jesus 48 hours?!
This is how it looks afther, got any sites for Znote when you're in here? ;D
Screenshot - 053e535dcb29f59736fb40d78ae1f239 - Gyazo (https://gyazo.com/053e535dcb29f59736fb40d78ae1f239)
053e535dcb29f59736fb40d78ae1f239.png

It can take anywhere between 10 seconds and 48 hours to propagate to your local cache, hopefully it'll happen sooner.
If it works for me already, it'll almost certainly already work for any major data center, and probably importantly for you - otservlist.org :p

And nah I don't have any layouts unfortunately =[

It can take anywhere between 10 seconds and 48 hours to propagate to your local cache, hopefully it'll happen sooner.
If it works for me already, it'll almost certainly already work for any major data center, and probably importantly for you - otservlist.org :p

And nah I don't have any layouts unfortunately =[
Thank you for your time, hopefully it works witin that time.
Will be updating from there, see you someday my friend.

Dude, you need to remove the PARKED @ line, it will stay parked until you update or delete that line.
Either update it with the server IP address, or delete it. It will update within 5 minutes.

(Reset your setting back to default then edit the parked line - that's all you have to do)

Dude, you need to remove the PARKED @ line, it will stay parked until you update or delete that line.
Either update it with the server IP address, or delete it. It will update within 5 minutes.

(Reset your setting back to default then edit the parked line - that's all you have to do)
It's done already, check the last sended picture

View attachment 34243
thank you this worked first try

Back