• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Good spoof checking?

RobsonDias

Reaction score
Im creating a "otserv-list", and i want to know if this is a good solution to check spoofing?

It's pretty simple, but I think no "normal" server will have more than 50 players beyond the limit, perhaps some GODs / GMs, but 50 players I think not, it is quite common on these spoofed servers.

Code:
$Players = 100;
$PlayersMax = 200;
$SpoofingRange = 50;

if($Players >= ($PlayersMax + $SpoofingRange)) {
    echo 'spoofing';
} else {
    echo 'not spoofing';
}

sorry if I wrong a word, but I'm not very good in English

I don't know if it actually helps or not, but keep on your work and see it for yourself!

offtopic: great avatar, who is it?

I don't know if it actually helps or not, but keep on your work and see it for yourself!

offtopic: great avatar, who is it?

already tested the code and it works 100%, just wanted a separate opnion to see if there is a way to make it better

@off
a girl from bakemonogatari, search it on google

Im creating a "otserv-list", and i want to know if this is a good solution to check spoofing?

It's pretty simple, but I think no "normal" server will have more than 50 players beyond the limit, perhaps some GODs / GMs, but 50 players I think not, it is quite common on these spoofed servers.

Code:
$Players = 100;
$PlayersMax = 200;
$SpoofingRange = 50;

if($Players >= ($PlayersMax + $SpoofingRange)) {
    echo 'spoofing';
} else {
    echo 'not spoofing';
}

This doesn't even make sense to me. The MaxPlayer variable is dynamically retreived from an OT's max players in config, right? So why would they configure their MaxPlayers lower than the number they want to spoof to?
They could just set MaxPlayer to 600 and spoof with 300 players, and as long as they keep below 300 real players online they'll never get banned. Or put 999 max players, or whatever...

If it's static, then what if some servers has a genuine amount of players online exceeding 200?

This doesn't even make sense to me. The MaxPlayer variable is dynamically retreived from an OT's max players in config, right? So why would they configure their MaxPlayers lower than the number they want to spoof to?
They could just set MaxPlayer to 600 and spoof with 300 players, and as long as they keep below 300 real players online they'll never get banned. Or put 999 max players, or whatever...

If it's static, then what if some servers has a genuine amount of players online exceeding 200?

Yes, but most people who put spoof on your server, never change the maximum amount of players online, I've been watching the otservlist and on most servers it happens.

But I dont know how to check the number of players added to the spoof, I was thinking of putting a system that saves the amount of players online every check, and if the numbers climb very quickly it will banish it.

The only real way of checking is doing it manually AND applying error range, there is no way of checking everything properly without looking at sources etc

BTE, that's Senjougahara Hitagi
and to prevent further questions: my is Kousaka Kirino from... I'll try it, but it's hard "Ore no Imouto..." nope, I can't

The only real way of checking is doing it manually AND applying error range, there is no way of checking everything properly without looking at sources etc

BTE, that's Senjougahara Hitagi
and to prevent further questions: my is Kousaka Kirino from... I'll try it, but it's hard "Ore no Imouto..." nope, I can't

I figured that would be something like this, but also will leave the first system presented here, because at least he catches people who forget to change the maximum number of players online.

Well, most of people too lazy to change that will set it to 1k or something like that anyway

Sounds good, you should really make something so people can sort out:

*Real Maps
*Custom Maps

and...

*PvP
*NoN-PvP
*PvP-E

That would make everything simple and great when looking for a server.

Kind Regards,
Eldin.

Sounds good, you should really make something so people can sort out:

*Real Maps
*Custom Maps

and...

*PvP
*NoN-PvP
*PvP-E

That would make everything simple and great when looking for a server.

Kind Regards,
Eldin.

Yes, I have in mind something like this, but this "server list" will not be just OTServ, it will have multiple games in the same site.

Multiple games on an otlist? Bad idea... If u want to have many otlist for many games just make one webpage per game...

Back