• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

GunzOT App for iOS/Android - Move OT to Mobile!

Would you use that kind of App on OT ?

• Yes

Votes: 22 91.7%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.3%

• Total voters

gunz

GunzOT Owner
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello guys,

I would like to introduce my project which I work on for a couple of weeks now.
This project is part of my Master Degree work in my university called Real-time communication systems based on Redis and will be mainly used on my OT Project https://www.gunzodus.net

So, what is it about ?
I experienced that a lot of players in Tibia/OT are experiencing lack of contact with their friends in game while they are away from home. Nowdays, a lot of games (WoW/LoL/Dota/CSGO/Steam...) are offering a mobile app for all players that allows to communicate with friends they have in those games.
I've got a friend that is using Redis NoSQL database in his web application and he cannot tell any bad reviews of it. And than I got idea, would it be possible to use it in Tibia ?

Then I've got an idea to create such an app for the OT. I knew it will be so much of work to make it right but a little bit of motivation like creating something unique, learn some new technologies and use it as my university project which I enjoy to do I've started to work on! :)

What is Done ?
  • Asynchronous Real-Time communication from TFS to Redis in separate ASIO thread
  • NodeJS WebSocket backend to communicate with the apps
  • Ability to chat with players in-game directly from App
  • Ability to chat with other players using the App
  • Ability to chat in channels (Help/Advertising etc..) directly from App
  • Chat history
  • Ability to see who is online on Mobile directly in the VIP List
What should be done ?
  • Two-factor authentication built-in App
  • Ability to chat in Guild Channels
  • Ability to create Private Channel from the App
  • Muting system
  • Event/Raid notifications to App
  • Push notifications when the App is off

Here are some screenshots with the things that are done!

Chatting from game!
app2.jpg

VIP List in game!
vip_list.png

Online List!
online_list3.jpg

What will be released ?
The android version has been released on google play!
https://play.google.com/store/apps/...er-global-all-co-prtnr-py-PartBadge-Mar2515-1

I am welcome to any suggestions and improvements for the App. Also I am open to ask any questions about the technologies which I used, I will always help ;)

Good luck!

Last edited:
What a coincidence. Was speaking about something similar to a friend not long ago.

Happy to see this. Keep going. ;)

cool that someone else is also taking into next level.

Thank you guys, the first release on Google Play should be in about 2 weeks. :) Just have to create some more fancy UI.

Go for Tibia Sprites. It would be awesome if the simbols you have next to your names on VIP List (I always mark them with hearts, skulls or whatever...) would also show next to the contact name in your app!

Go for Tibia Sprites. It would be awesome if the simbols you have next to your names on VIP List (I always mark them with hearts, skulls or whatever...) would also show next to the contact name in your app!
Copyright my friend, copyright.

Copyright my friend, copyright.

He already got the Outfits from the players on the left side, fuck $soft.

They're not complaining about OpenTibia since it's been born, why should they really fuck with a simple phone app?

He already got the Outfits from the players on the left side, fuck $soft.

They're not complaining about OpenTibia since it's been born, why should they really fuck with a simple phone app?

Would you risk it? I wouldn't..
Maybe that would go to far for cipsoft..

Hmm I don't see so much difference between app and website. Almost all OTS use Tibia sprites on their websites.
Anway, any of the sprites are not part of the App, they are just downloaded from the web.

Would you risk it? I wouldn't..
Maybe that would go to far for cipsoft..

What is an Application which is connected to a TFS Distribution (Code completely CIPSOFTFREE written) compared to the money that people earn here with "selling stuff through OTS"

I can already provide unsigned APK. Everybody that wants to join testing just msg me and I send you link, feedbacks are welcomed :)

Hi gunz, nice work you done there.
I was just thinking about something like this yesterday and when I've researched a bit, I've found this topic.
You have done an amazing job and I'm here to offer my help as iOS/Android Developer.
Probably you won't have problems to code yourself, since you have done all this, but I would like to help.
Hope we can work together! :D

Hello guys,

I would like to introduce my project which I work on for a couple of weeks now.
This project is part of my Master Degree work in my university called Real-time communication systems based on Redis and will be mainly used on my OT Project https://www.gunzodus.net

So, what is it about ?
I experienced that a lot of players in Tibia/OT are experiencing lack of contact with their friends in game while they are away from home. Nowdays, a lot of games (WoW/LoL/Dota/CSGO/Steam...) are offering a mobile app for all players that allows to communicate with friends they have in those games.
I've got a friend that is using Redis NoSQL database in his web application and he cannot tell any bad reviews of it. And than I got idea, would it be possible to use it in Tibia ?

Then I've got an idea to create such an app for the OT. I knew it will be so much of work to make it right but a little bit of motivation like creating something unique, learn some new technologies and use it as my university project which I enjoy to do I've started to work on! :)

What is Done ?
  • Asynchronous Real-Time communication from TFS to Redis in separate ASIO thread
  • NodeJS WebSocket backend to communicate with the apps
  • Ability to chat with players in-game directly from App
  • Ability to chat with other players using the App
  • Ability to chat in channels (Help/Advertising etc..) directly from App
  • Chat history
  • Ability to see who is online on Mobile directly in the VIP List
What should be done ?
  • Two-factor authentication built-in App
  • Ability to chat in Guild Channels
  • Ability to create Private Channel from the App
  • Muting system
  • Event/Raid notifications to App
  • Push notifications when the App is off

Here are some screenshots with the things that are done!

Chatting from game!
app2.jpg

VIP List in game!
vip_list.png

Online List!
online_list3.jpg

What will be released ?
After I'll end up my Master Degree work, I plan to release whole WebSocket API based on NodeJS that will be able to work with the TFS database structure. However, I do not plan to release the App's code.

I am welcome to any suggestions and improvements for the App. Also I am open to ask any questions about the technologies which I used, I will always help ;)

Good luck!

Hi gunz, nice work you done there.
I was just thinking about something like this yesterday and when I've researched a bit, I've found this topic.
You have done an amazing job and I'm here to offer my help as iOS/Android Developer.
Probably you won't have problems to code yourself, since you have done all this, but I would like to help.
Hope we can work together! :D

Since he's developing it for Android, you could rewrite it to iOS, that would be awesome for people like me (i'd never buy an iphone myself, since i got mine from my work).

I hope you guys keep pushing it further and further :')

Back