• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Hardcore Mode?

Ceejzor

Murica Born N Raised!
Reaction score
Was wondering how would you go about making it so let's say It's a custom server, and the only option is a Hardcore mode.. basically entitling it to be Ya die once your character is done.

So Upon death once you click ok, It takes you back to the character login screen but the character is not there or if it is, the character has [Dead] beside it, giving the player the option to delete or keep(waste of space)..

Soo it wouldn't be just a PVP server it's a RPG Hardcore Mode, Gives people more time to think about just spawnin and rushin a enemy or playerkilling. Only downside I see to this is death due to server lag/kick but in due time.

The deaths due to server lag/kick can be prevented by teleporting them to a certain place if the "Game server is not responding" or something similar.

For the actual idea, I was thinking of this the other day, but I guess you can just set them back to level 1(?) with no equipment, skills etc.

The deaths due to server lag/kick can be prevented by teleporting them to a certain place if the "Game server is not responding" or something similar.

For the actual idea, I was thinking of this the other day, but I guess you can just set them back to level 1(?) with no equipment, skills etc.

I actually like that idea :), Yehh I always wondered WTF! Why has there never been Hardcore on OT's or if there was I never heard of it..

If I can get myself into Hosting Server's,Etc It will def. be a main feature and that level 1 thing, I like that.. leveling all over again.. very smart Dave!

Yh its better to do Ondeath do level=1 or w,e xd and remove equip, like if you got rooked in rl, but lose everything.

Alot of war servers have it like this but reset to 50 or similar.

It could be good as it is more of a "king of the hill" kind server, top player is only top until killed.. So there are no "first player-always online-tophighscore forever players" :)

But the economy would be fucked xD. Unless you let them keep money idk.. XD

Yh its better to do Ondeath do level=1 or w,e xd and remove equip, like if you got rooked in rl, but lose everything.

Alot of war servers have it like this but reset to 50 or similar.

It could be good as it is more of a "king of the hill" kind server, top player is only top until killed.. So there are no "first player-always online-tophighscore forever players" :)

But the economy would be fucked xD. Unless you let them keep money idk.. XD

Economy would be fucking amazing.

But then again I'm sure people would keep second chars to keep some of their shit on incase they die, which I don't see a problem with.

Yehh exactly I could imagine some player's would have mules! haha but the relvling would still be needed.. the highscores would constantly be changing in a good way no player's getting turned off because there is lvl 300's already n such.

Back