• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows Help me please, someone is making DDOS on my OT.

lSenturion2

Reaction score
Please help me, someone is doing DDOS on my OT, causing website shutdown, and the server get lagged.
I have Xampp Control Panel v3.2.1. TFS 0.4. Windows Server VPS (OVH Cloud)
Can somebody help me? <3

Which evidence tells you is DDOS? OVH should have protection against that. It is possible that you could have a script that is actually lagging? Try first running the server on cmd so it doesn't close b4 sending a log. And disable scripts one by one to see if that handles the issue.

I guess someone else could help more than this, but there's some things you can try ^^

Use the wise comment of Ralke and try out if you have any error in logg which causes this lagg or it might even be that ur computer/vps is not strong enough to hold a server

The problem is not about the VPS bro, my vps is strong. This problem happened me 2 years ago, and I know what the problem is on Xampp or Gesior ...

The problem is not about the VPS bro, my vps is strong. This problem happened me 2 years ago, and I know what the problem is on Xampp or Gesior ...
Use cloudflare for your webpage so that the attacks on ur XAMPP go through their proxy and not directly towards your IPV4 and they have a free package aswell which works as good as the premium one so take a look into that.

I gave you a solution to create a small shield on ur webserver by using cloudflare, its easy to understand and easy to use.

cloudflare.com and you have a free plan so you can check out how things works.

I do not recommend to use Windows to host a server/application, it's not designed for that.
Anyway, first you have to check the source of those attacks. The most common reasons are a server glitch, L4 (network DDoS) or L7 (application DDoS).
Since you are hosting over OVH, it has a good L4 protection, so, check the number of site access that you are receiving in XAMPP logs.
Did you block direct IP access to your site? If not you should only allow access from CloudFlare IP blocks to ports 80/443.
But, even CloudFlare can be bypassed with residential proxies and overload your XAMPP application causing a stress in your network/machine.
When attack starts, first monitor your CloudFlare firewall and check the number of access. If you don't see anything in CloudFlare, check your XAMPP logs and find the number of access to your HTTP server.
In parallel, start monitoring bandwidth in OVH panel, and machine resources to check which application is consuming the most resources.
If you see TFS stressed, this could be a glitch in your server. TFS works in a single main thread, and if this thread is running an expensive function, the continuation of proccess will be paused until it finishes.
If you see a high number of access through CloudFlare, a L7 attack that is not beeing blocked by CloudFlare.
If you see a high number of access in XAMPP only, a L7 attack direct to your IP in HTTP ports.
If you see a high number of incoming bandwidth, a L4 attack that should be mitigated by OVH automatically, or after a simple DDoS rules setup.

Back