• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Solved Help - openned server - but not connect

adahum

Reaction score
Hi guys,

i recenttly openned my server on vmware machine linux. thats all ok. i've tested the port 7171 and 7172 on some sites to check if then are oppened. and it all ok. the server is on otservlist.com. so, the serv is ok. but for some reason (i dont know why) i cant connect on my server. appears like serve offline.

i can connect on my server if i start with localhost. but with the ip configured, cannot join.

follow the config:

ip = "192.168.25.23" //machine IP
bindOnlyGlobalAddress = false
loginProtocolPort = 7171
gameProtocolPort = 7172
statusProtocolPort = 7171
maxPlayers = 400

i've tryied put "bidica.servegame.com" on IP but without success too.
on otservlist , the server is online:
http://otservlist.org/ots/1590892

i downloaded my source from here:
https://github.com/otland/forgottenserver

Solution
in config.lua change statusProtocolPort = 7171 to 7172
it should give you a warning but it solved the same problem for someone else i helped
it's probably bad to do, but it should work for now at least until someone finds a better solution.
you don't put your machine ip in the config.lua, you put your domain (global ip) and connect with either your ipv4 or with 127.0.0.1/localhost

it should give you a warning but it solved the same problem for someone else i helped
it's probably bad to do, but it should work for now at least until someone finds a better solution.

Solution

maaan. u're the best. it works. thanks for all. get my like =D!!!!

Back