• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Help] Portforwarding(Routor, Modem) Help me please

splifus

Reaction score
I know there is alot of tutorial about this. But We portforwarded and we got a problem..

His trying to make his own server and I try to help him. After some hour we finaly portforwarded and could login the server..But nobody can connect to the server or the website. We tried to use only his modem and people could login..But his mother use a laptop and his sister too so we can't use only the modem. He got a shity routor and I wonder if its can be the routor blocking IP from people who wanna login the site or server...

Please help me to help him :p

PS: Sorry for my english

Timax25~

I had the same problem (have a modem, a router and 4 computers here). After some days trying to put the server online without sucess, I decided to buy a new ethernet board.

Then I've installed that new ethernet board on the host computer, it has 2 ethernet boards now, one that receive the cable from the adsl modem and the other board that distribute the connection to the router.

Here is a diagram to show how is my "network" configured.
networkql2.jpg

It isn't hard to configure :)

Look pretty easy to do..I will suggest him that. But just incase ..He think if he buy a better routor its should work..He think its juste because he got a crapy routor (shity quality) ..I hope he will do like you said in your post..thanks again

EDIT: Nvm..i didnt understand what u mean the first time i read your post..Its will cost less to buy a ethernet board :) thanks

Just to be sure.. :D

the other computer connect to the routor ..the routor to the computer (the one hosting the server) and this computer use 2 ethernet board ..one receive from modem and second send to routor and other computer..

I hope its that if not I'm stupid and I dont understand :S

Last edited:
Look pretty easy to do..I will suggest him that. But just incase ..He think if he buy a better routor its should work..He think its juste because he got a crapy routor (shity quality) ..I hope he will do like you said in your post..thanks again

EDIT: Nvm..i didnt understand what u mean the first time i read your post..Its will cost less to buy a ethernet board :) thanks

Just to be sure.. :D

the other computer connect to the routor ..the routor to the computer (the one hosting the server) and this computer use 2 ethernet board ..one receive from modem and second send to routor and other computer..

I hope its that if not I'm stupid and I dont understand :S

Yes, is that :thumbup:

Back