• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Heroland RPG - Information and Discussion

Bump ;3

- - - Updated - - -

Bump with live stream mapping
(Check on signature, there's the link, if green online, if red well you know)

nope not dead, still working on it but as I don't have much time to work on it frequently it takes it's time.
I just don't bother to post as I don't want to hype it so people get excited and I can work in the speed I'm able to.
If wanted I can give a little briefing about the status but there is definitely no ETA set, so don't even bother to ask for it :p

Bumpidi
2h67cjq.jpg

nvvf5j.jpg

Last edited:
See... Something like this that deserves to be finished will probably never be.... Kinda sad to see the amount of custom servers that have potential that never come to light

See... Something like this that deserves to be finished will probably never be.... Kinda sad to see the amount of custom servers that have potential that never come to light

People are trying to reinvent the wheel basically, instead of starting off small people aim to create a huge map with thousands of features that will attract just a couple of players :p.

Well to be fair, there have been many that thid came to life, but players did not like'em or even try it cuz either "Too small, and cleared the content withing some days" or "Too buggy" sadly you gotta take your time. Rome was not built in one day.

People are trying to reinvent the wheel basically, instead of starting off small people aim to create a huge map with thousands of features that will attract just a couple of players :p.
Tell me how you would do it?
Do a city, one spawn and go from there?
Tell me how many people you will attract?

Tell me how trying to create a good content base, and good map is not worth a shot, and even more THE WHEEL IT SELF. But I get you, I've been waiting for years to open something my self or to play someones else and its frustrating ;) If Hero wants we could open it periodically.

~~Spoilers ahead~~

We have a continent based on 3 Gods, the NPCs built their cites upon respect and admiration to such. In other words there's 3 cities, independent of each others, with a bast content different from each others, Im proud to say that one of those cities is right now at 95%, 5% been missing testing, and some scripts.
We could simply seal this part of the continent and start from there, but as I've say before players would clear most of it withing few weeks, by exception of World Quest that would take you longer, but even so players would clear it fast, and grow bored of it.

Tell me how you would do it?

I would create a content the size of Edron or smaller, probably smaller. Then I'll just make sure I don't have too much confusing content(custom systems) and stick with the normal stuff which people usually know, such as regular quests, NPCs, items and vocations. Then I'll just make sure to establish the server and slowly implement new content as players are getting to know the server :p.

I don't mean to bash on this project, but I would much rather play a 'small' server than a 'large' one. Usually when I try these huge projects I end up quitting quite fast because there is just way too systems and content to adapt to, but thats just me.

Best of luck with this project, I hope to see it online eventually :)

Last edited:
I would create a content the size of Edron or smaller, probably smaller. Then I'll just make sure I don't have too much confusing content(custom systems) and stick with the normal stuff which people usually know, such as regular quests, NPCs, items and vocations. Then I'll just make sure to establish the server and slowly implement new content as players are getting to know the server :p.

I don't mean to bash on this project, but I would much rather play a 'small' server than a 'large'. Usually when I try these huge projects I end up quitting quite fast because there is just way too systems and content to learn, but thats just me :).

Best of luck with this project, I hope to see it online eventually :)
I get you, I get you, you are basicly saying:
Open an evo server, and keep editing it from there, cuz I'm lazy(there are many more that are) and I don't want to learn complicated stuff right?

What if I tell you, you won't need to learn anything complicated? other than learn new spells, and solve puzzles? would that change your mind :D?

But I get you. And I won't judge you, you have a point tho. thanks for helping keep this post up :D

I get you, I get you, you are basicly saying:
Open an evo server, and keep editing it from there, cuz I'm lazy(there are many more that are) and I don't want to learn complicated stuff right?

What if I tell you, you won't need to learn anything complicated? other than learn new spells, and solve puzzles? would that change your mind :D?

But I get you. And I won't judge you, you have a point tho. thanks for helping keep this post up :D

I don't mind learning few spells and stuff like that :D.

And no, I didn't say anything about an Evolution server.. I said create a map the size of Edron or smaller, work with that and fill it with exciting stuff.

BuMp
After working with EvilHero, i realized why he has this nick. He is true Evil, and some hero.
God bless those with no shields! <Spoileringo :p

We are working hard to get Heroland on the protocol 10.41, atleast 70% is finished.
Once we have everything ported we'll probably hold a beta to test everything but can't give an exact date yet :p
Will keep you informed however :)

@hehemidu
Now that you mention it they do not fit at all, the thing is i just did a quick remake with new sprites :p since i was stuck on 8.54 and we are moving to 10.40 will look into it.
Thanks for the support, and you will shit bricks with further posts :D

looks really cool :) but i don't like the webs/eggs in there.

@Evil Hero will this be an open beta or a closed one?

on topic: keep on going :) this is looking more and more promising with each post you guys make :)!
not sure yet if it'll be public or not, we'll see :p

here a little overview of how the client currently looks like (still a lot todo)

herolandclient.png

not sure yet if it'll be public or not, we'll see :p

here a little overview of how the client currently looks like (still a lot todo)

herolandclient.png
Do you plan on making the client bot-proof against botters? Such as will players be able to login with the Cipsoft 10.41 client? If they aren't able to bot whatsoever I would actually consider playing.

Back