• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

HesteN's mapping thread [The Scarlet Horn teaser]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hehe I've been asked this tons of times now, I know you are looking forward to it, so am I! The problem is that I cant host it myself for as it is right now, but even if I did I would only let in a very small amount of peoples, that would be people in the team and close friends who could look around for possible bugs and such, and for the date, I cant set that just yet, because right now I am recruiting, there are new people for tryout, and all, I dont know how hard everyone will be working, for that I cant be sure when its gonna be finished, its all depending on how much help I'm getting with this, and mapping wise right now I need someone who is more active, but its hard to come by a mapper with the talent and time I'm looking for. So for this I dont want to set a date before it gets further, I rather say no date at all then saying a date and then its not finished by the date, people will be upset >.<

Don't hurry this. Take the time you guys need and finnish the server with patience.

Have you thought about just completing the mainland and then releasing it, then adding in the other continents afterwards? That's what RL Tibia did and it worked out well for them. I mean you spent way too much time worrying about the perfect map, why bother? The best thing you could do is put the server up when it's complete enough and then update/bugfix actively. Once the server gets going you'll have a lot more issues than just mapping, you'll need to do a lot of balancing to make it worthwhile.

The map is just a piece of the puzzle, you need everything in order before it can be released.

Or you could just piss everyone off and take another year.

Have you thought about just completing the mainland and then releasing it, then adding in the other continents afterwards? That's what RL Tibia did and it worked out well for them. I mean you spent way too much time worrying about the perfect map, why bother? The best thing you could do is put the server up when it's complete enough and then update/bugfix actively. Once the server gets going you'll have a lot more issues than just mapping, you'll need to do a lot of balancing to make it worthwhile.

The map is just a piece of the puzzle, you need everything in order before it can be released.

Or you could just piss everyone off and take another year.

Thats what Im going to do. The first thing you said, not taking another year.

I am finishing the main continent, putting all effort into finishing that piece now and I have been doing that for the last 2 months~ the only part I did now which wasent from the main continent was this last jungle piece, but that was just to get some variation and to see if I could actually manage doing some good jungle nature since thats the hardest part imo XD

Anyway, the way its looking right now: Been working reeaaaally really hard on the main continent lately and made huuuge progress, but there is still alot left to do, since I do not only have to map, Im also writing down chat dialouges with npc's and such, which takes alot of time aswell right now, but my plan for the opening of the server is that when the main continent is a 100% operate, when all the quests, scripts npcs are working good and the map is done, so once the main continent is done in all, I will get it hosted and we'll open the server just as you said, with only the main continent.

So this is is how the opening plan are going to look like: The Scarlet Lands (Main continent [grass~]) ---> Desertia (desert continent) ---> Hypothermia (Ice continent) ---> Morenia bay (pirate bay [2 smaller islands]) ---> Amazonas (Jungle continent)

This may change, but most likely it will be in this order since this is the order the contients are furthest in progress.

Pics coming up soon~

I know I know, I've posted a few towers lately, but yeah Im filling out the main continent and I want it to be a little bit more intressting then forests and mountains everywhere, there will be quests in most of theese towers, but not all of them :]

TemplarTower1.png

TemplarTower2.png

TemplarTower3.png

:]

Thanks guys! :) <3 Hopefully I got some more to post soon, I'll be mapping alot today! :]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back