• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows Hi, Can I host an OT server? and how many will be able to play witohut laggs!?

lindblad88

Reaction score
Hi, As the title says. Can I host a OT server and how many will be able to play without laggs?

4GB RAM, Internet: 100/10 Mbit/s.

Game Worldsize: 5000x5000.

Can I host a OTserver with this specs and if i can, how many player's will I be able to host for?

Over and out!

- - - Updated - - -

bump

Hi, Yes you will be able to host an OTserver with that specs. If you would host an Realmap you probably would need more than 4 GB RAM, But in this case when your map size is 5000x5000 it works. 500 players takes 4-8 Mbps.

Kind Reegards,

CyrusGNetWork.

Note that your ISP will probably restrict the ports you're using if you do host a server, as the network will become unstable if they don't, so if you're looking to host properly you want to look at a dedicated server or at least a VPS. You should be able to handle at least 100 players though, even with ISP restrictions.

10/100 is your connection speed to your local network not your actual connection speed but if your ISP restricts the ports then you switch ISP because they suck lol

Back