• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

high lvl players lag, not low lvls

Thorn

Spriting since 2013
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello guys, i have this problem where low lvl players have 0 lag, they move fluidly, but when they get stronger and high lvl, they start lagging, walking like 1 sqm, 1 sqm, 1 sqm, you know? not fluidly at all, does anyone know why this happens?

Solution
The problem isn't with your server (maybe).
The faster your character is, the more you notice higher latency.

etc, with 100 ms ping, you couldn't notice it walking around as a level 8, because your character is so slow.
But at lvl 200, running like a train, you'll notice the higher latency a lot more easy.

If it's "lagg", it's because higher latency which is a lot more noticeable at high speeds.
If it's "laggy walking, but not lagging game" it's because a speed mismatch in C++, your source tell them game the speed of character, and tell the client something else.

A missmatch is heavily noticed if the difference is only 0.05 ms in walkdelay (only at higher speeds).
Maybe all of them lag, but only high players notice it due of their speed?
I thought that was funny.
Hello guys, i have this problem where low lvl players have 0 lag, they move fluidly, but when they get stronger and high lvl, they start lagging, walking like 1 sqm, 1 sqm, 1 sqm, you know? not fluidly at all, does anyone know why this happens?
Do you have persistent scripts assigned to high level players?

nothing i can think of, all scripts i have are for all players, there are no new stuff applied for certain lvl :/
maybe it has something to do with the otclient? too heavy? i have my server in a vps in ovh

uO2i9w6.png

what do you think?

The problem isn't with your server (maybe).
The faster your character is, the more you notice higher latency.

etc, with 100 ms ping, you couldn't notice it walking around as a level 8, because your character is so slow.
But at lvl 200, running like a train, you'll notice the higher latency a lot more easy.

If it's "lagg", it's because higher latency which is a lot more noticeable at high speeds.
If it's "laggy walking, but not lagging game" it's because a speed mismatch in C++, your source tell them game the speed of character, and tell the client something else.

A missmatch is heavily noticed if the difference is only 0.05 ms in walkdelay (only at higher speeds).

Solution
Back