• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Solved Hosting on computer, how to put it into a dedicated server?

Apollo

Herban Legend
Reaction score
I want to transfer my OT that im hosting right now into my new dedicated server. How can I go about doing this?

TFS
SQL

I'm stumped.

Last edited:
Put it to a rar file, and upload it to the dedicated server if you got remote access?

If you want to use same players/acc (database), then enter xampp/mysql and copy the /data folder. Then you got the database, and send it and just copy - paste and it should be set.

Put it to a rar file, and upload it to the dedicated server if you got remote access?

If you want to use same players/acc (database), then enter xampp/mysql and copy the /data folder. Then you got the database, and send it and just copy - paste and it should be set.

Or just export the database and execute the queries on the new database? ;P

Or just export the database and execute the queries on the new database? ;P

No, ever tried to export a database from mysql?

Its not as easy as you say it is. I had ALOT of trouble because I though it was so easy. It dosn't want to import correctly after a merely exporting attempt. Unless you configurate it correctly (aka NOT default exporting settings). I think its much easier to copy - paste the xampp/mysql/data folder.

No, ever tried to export a database from mysql?

Its not as easy as you say it is. I had ALOT of trouble because I though it was so easy. It dosn't want to import correctly after a merely exporting attempt. Unless you configurate it correctly (aka NOT default exporting settings). I think its much easier to copy - paste the xampp/mysql/data folder.

Yes, I have tried, and I've never had any trouble with it... o_O Oh, well. I guess we're too far off topic now. :)

Dont forget to make a backup of the triggers database (its in the mysql_information database), or else the restored backup on your dedicated server will be broken due to lacking triggers, and you will have problems with skills and more!

first sorry for bumping old thread

i bought a new vps and i uploaded every thing to there and its fked up o,O
i am been working on it like more then 2 days and still cant get it work.

Znote if u could help me out would be great i pmed you.

Back