• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Solved Hosting Problem!Rep++

Ezak

Dimeria.net Realmap pVp-e
Reaction score
Im having trouble to host a server on my other computer (I have opened ports). I got 2 computers, on 1 I can host without problems but on the other computer I cant host. When i try to logg in i get the "Waiting" message. I got Same IP-adress on both computers, is it normal?

I managed to host a Website but i cant host the server. I've opened ports in firewall too.

I will give you a BIG REP+ if you help me.

Last edited:
Your problem is most likely that you are using the same ports on both servers.

It's possible to host a large quantity of servers on the same IP, as long as you set different ports for each server.

For example server #1 might use ports 7171 and 7172.
Server #2 would then have to use port 7173 and 7174.

And so on...

Of course I'm talking about your external IP, not your internal LAN IP (192.168.X.X), to my knowledge it's impossible for two computers to have the same LAN IP, simply because it would confuse the hell out of the router when a packet wants to be sent to that LAN IP.

Your problem is most likely that you are using the same ports on both servers.

It's possible to host a large quantity of servers on the same IP, as long as you set different ports for each server.

For example server #1 might use ports 7171 and 7172.
Server #2 would then have to use port 7173 and 7174.

And so on...

Of course I'm talking about your external IP, not your internal LAN IP (192.168.X.X), to my knowledge it's impossible for two computers to have the same LAN IP, simply because it would confuse the hell out of the router when a packet wants to be sent to that LAN IP.
I don't have same lan ip but i have same external ip. So maybe i just can take away the open ports from 1 computer and the server will work on the other?

It's actually very simple.

Lets say you have two computers with different LAN IP;

Computer 1: 192.168.0.3
Computer 2: 192.168.0.4

Then you simply forward the ports as following:

Port 7171, 7172 -> 192.168.0.3
Port 7173, 7174 -> 192.168.0.4

Now on the server config you config the following:

Server 1: [Login: 7171], [Game: 7172]
Server 2: [Login: 7173], [Game: 7174]

And thus, problem solved.
Now you're hosting two servers on the same IP.

It's actually very simple.

Lets say you have two computers with different LAN IP;

Computer 1: 192.168.0.3
Computer 2: 192.168.0.4

Then you simply forward the ports as following:

Port 7171, 7172 -> 192.168.0.3
Port 7173, 7174 -> 192.168.0.4

Now on the server config you config the following:

Server 1: [Login: 7171], [Game: 7172]
Server 2: [Login: 7173], [Game: 7174]

And thus, problem solved.
Now you're hosting two servers on the same IP.
He meant why can't he host 1 server on the other if he can host it on the first one?
0.o

So therefor he doesn't need to spend his time opening 7173 and 7174.

He meant why can't he host 1 server on the other if he can host it on the first one?
0.o

So therefor he doesn't need to spend his time opening 7173 and 7174.

Well I figured he had opened his ports incorrectly, since one server worked (Most likely 7171, 7172), while the other didn't work at all/worked partially (login but not entergame).

Thanks, but I just want too host 1 server, so i will just reopen the ports on the computer that i want to host and close this ports on this computer and it will prolly work, rep+ goes to you<3

Back