• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

How hard is it to hire a C++ Dev for OT?

Romantix

Omnipotent
Reaction score
Hello Community,

I'm just wondering, i've been searching otland for sometime now...

and I'm curious, where the fuck you can actually find a C++ developer to work on TFS?

I can't imagine i can just find a freelancer through any 3rd party as TFS is very unique in its development and engine.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Kind Regards,

Romantix

on otland, it is difficult. If you're looking for a freelancer, then you just need to be aware that time = money.

Well this depends, i'm sure most of us would do single works for a small sum while most people may not have time to work full-time.

If you pay nicecly then time++; ofcourse, so it all depends on the client if you can find someone.

As someone who have been a c++ developer in a couple of OT projects i'm always hit with the "is it finished yet? is it finihsed yet?" and as a client you're gonna have to accept the fact that some more advanced things may take time, unforseen bugs can take a while to debug and properly patch and not just hotfix.

In conclusion, if you're one of those clients who can accept that fact that things may take some time depending on the project and you're willing to pay a non-demeaning sum then you should have no troubles finding someone to do your dirtywork :D

It's not difficult to find those proficient in C++ to help you with development. The difficult part is keeping them motivated and on task.

People love to do one or two things and disappear, but that's just how things are these days. People expect immediate satisfaction (or results) and if they don't receive that, they move on. (Or they just need a little bit of money and lose interest.) A good project takes time and effort. The benefits come later... I was paying $20/h to help me and still couldn't keep them for long. It's not only about money. People have changed.

Don't depend so much on others in this world because even your shadow leaves you when you're in the dark.

Last edited:
well im talking about $200+ for the job to get completed. should be more than enough incentive. ive had an abundance of devs many years ago... jut seems nobody is interested in side projects now..

well im talking about $200+ for the job to get completed. should be more than enough incentive. ive had an abundance of devs many years ago... jut seems nobody is interested in side projects now..
Pm me details

yeah the ot community is spoiled they think they can pay a designer or a coder 20 or $30 for a job when they can earn that an hour on real life or even working online

yeah the ot community is spoiled they think they can pay a designer or a coder 20 or $30 for a job when they can earn that an hour on real life or even working online
You are living a spoiled life. I would love to just get quarter of that money as its more than our countries average hourly payment.

You are living a spoiled life. I would love to just get quarter of that money as its more than our countries average hourly payment.
maybe but your comment does not justify why the ot community is lacking good developers the truth is if you can get more money for you experience or studies why waste your time for less money for another guy that wants to get money by hosting a server

I would do it. I just lack the experience as of right now.

In my opinion there are lot of good developers. Its just all of them already have several projects they work on.

Besides its not like we are getting lot of new personel on this forum too.

Instead of discussing how hard it is to find a developer, how about you just make a thread in Jobs section and specify exactly what you want and how much you want to pay for it. Then you will see how easy or hard it is to get it done (or to get someone to do it).

Instead of discussing how hard it is to find a developer, how about you just make a thread in Jobs section and specify exactly what you want and how much you want to pay for it. Then you will see how easy or hard it is to get it done (or to get someone to do it).
Exactly

I would do it. I just lack the experience as of right now.

In my opinion there are lot of good developers. Its just all of them already have several projects they work on.

Besides its not like we are getting lot of new personel on this forum too.

Things are not black or white we have to consider several things. Most of tibia players including developers come from an oldschool tibia community. This means most of us has more than 30 years on this planet. there are 2 ways to find a good developer:

First one is by gathering a team of essential people a mapper a coder a designer for example this way everyone is working for a shared purpose and no one has to pay no one until you have a good server and then share revenues. For this to happen there have to be people interested on doing new projects and most experienced people already passed thru that, they made a team, made a server for some years and moved on. I did that 5 years ago.

Second way is getting a freelancer most freelancers are very experienced or passed thru the first step. Freelancers probably are in the professional market already and they will work for you for something they dont want or dont have time to be a part of. You pay them a market salary or market fees.

Market incomes are not based on third world countries salaries they are based on general salaries, i am from france worked in mexico for a bank and did network maintenance 8 months ago and i got around 900 mexican pesos ($43) an hour. In most countries if you got a professional degree like computer science or engineer and get a medium type of job you will get paid for what you know.

For some reason average good designers gte paid more than $30 in a advertising agency or freelancing. they dont have to study much but there are a lot of bad designers that why they get paid much.

So if you cant get someone to compromise with your project, get a freelancer with good comments and good work. Remember if you dont like something and need changes, the clock still is ticking.

Dont pm to work for you i ve been retired from the ot community for years

If there's a lot of work to be done/big job don't under-estimate the importance of presenting your ideas/server.. im sure many jobs can find programmers working for free if you can motivate them with something that's interesting.

Back