• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

How to do "pvp enforced"

Bondy

Reaction score
How can i make my ot be pvp enforced ingame? I use tfs 0.3.6
in config i did put world type = pvp-enforced
but it didnt work

any suggestions?

you have to write /pvp-enforced* or something like that :p
Going to check it xD

EDIT: Edited to /pvp-enforced

EDIT2: You can write:
Code:
/pvp-enforced
/no-pvp
/pvp

/mode param

params, leeched from mode.lua:
Code:
local config = {
	nopvp = {"1", "nopvp", "nonpvp", "no-pvp", "non-pvp", "safe"},
	pvp = {"2", "pvp", "normal"},
	pvpenforced = {"3", "pvpe", "pvpenforced", "pvp-enforced", "war"}
}
Without quotes, of course.

20:16 /mode pvpe
20:16 Gameworld type set to: PVP-Enforced.

They dont get skulls now. But they dont get exp ;S

On a similar matter (and sorry for hijacking the thread), how does this work:

Lua:
	-- Experience from players
	-- NOTE: min~Threshold* set to 0 will disable the minimum threshold:
	-- player will gain experience from every lower leveled player.
	-- max~Threshold* set to 0 will disable the maximum threshold:
	-- player will gain experience from every higher leveled player.
	minLevelThresholdForKilledPlayer = 0.9
	maxLevelThresholdForKilledPlayer = 1.1

Im making a fun-type private war server to play with my brothers and cousins during these holidays, but after I made all the scripts and everything I realized I cant make the "pvp enforced" system work properly -.-

I dont understand what that "threshold" thing really is (despite the comments on the file), or how it works. Right now it seems like the whole system is bugged, sometimes you get exp from people, and sometimes you just dont :/

Basically I want it so a lvl 8 can get exp from a lvl 40 and a lvl 9999999999 can get exp from a lvl 1, which exageratedly means, no "lvl limit" for exp gains (and yes, Ive tried changing it to 0, etc, but didnt work).

Currently it is like a lvl 30 can only get exp from people on a +4-4ish level range, and I just cant figure how to fix it.

So, anyone knows how can I make this happen?

(Ill be +repping helpful responses)

Last edited:
Aff you are noob please

Code:
        [COLOR="Red"]-- player will gain experience from every lower leveled player.[/COLOR]
       [COLOR="red"] -- player will gain experience from every higher leveled player.[/COLOR]

Read the fucking comments, that's what they are for.

Aff you are noob please

Code:
        [COLOR="Red"]-- player will gain experience from every lower leveled player.[/COLOR]
       [COLOR="red"] -- player will gain experience from every higher leveled player.[/COLOR]

Read the fucking comments, that's what they are for.

1) I wasnt insulting anyone, so I dont deserve an insult either.

2) I did read them FUCKING NOOB, thats why Im asking, if you read my post correctly you would notice how I said:

"..or how it works."

I read the comments, I put 0 to "disable" it, and it didnt work. So wtf? Thats my question.

And I think I explained it with enough details for someone to help, so if you're not going to help, dont bother posting. And take a freaking chill pill applehead.

On a similar matter (and sorry for hijacking the thread), how does this work:

Lua:
	-- player will gain experience from every lower leveled player.
	-- player will gain experience from every higher leveled player.
	minLevelThresholdForKilledPlayer = 0.9
	maxLevelThresholdForKilledPlayer = 1.1

Im making a fun-type private war server to play with my brothers and cousins during these holidays, but after I made all the scripts and everything I realized I cant make the "pvp enforced" system work properly -.-

I dont understand what that "threshold" thing really is (despite the comments on the file), or how it works. Right now it seems like the whole system is bugged, sometimes you get exp from people, and sometimes you just dont :/

Basically I want it so a lvl 8 can get exp from a lvl 40 and a lvl 9999999999 can get exp from a lvl 1, which exageratedly means, no "lvl limit" for exp gains (and yes, Ive tried changing it to 0, etc, but didnt work).

Currently it is like a lvl 30 can only get exp from people on a +4-4ish level range, and I just cant figure how to fix it.

So, anyone knows how can I make this happen?

(Ill be +repping helpful responses)

Bump, I need this urgently guys.

Right now I have min threshold on 0 and max on 0, and the max seems to be working now, but the min still doesnt work!

Which means, any low level can get exp from any high lvl, but a lvl 50 cant even get exp from a lvl 45 and I need that one..

Anyone?

EDIT: Nvm, I managed to remake the whole pvp-enf exp system manually through scripts, thanks for nothing -.-

Last edited:
Nvm, I managed to remake the whole pvp-enf exp system manually through scripts, thanks for nothing -.-

incase you dont check your pms..
I was looking for a solution to my minimum threshold bug, which appears to be the same as the one you experienced, and i would love if you could share the scripts you made to fix your problem with me. :$

yes but i want the player have skull when they are killing other player. When i can configure my config.lua with the mode PVP-ENFORCED the the white skull or red or black no appears :s
Post automatically merged:

If you just mean Skulls with Experience, just set world type to PvP and enable PvP with experience in your config.lua.
yes but i want the player have skull when they are killing other player. When i can configure my config.lua with the mode PVP-ENFORCED the the white skull or red or black no appears :s

Well you should re-read my previous post, but go back to your config.lua and try this:
Lua:
worldType = "pvp"
experienceByKillingPlayers = true

Back