• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

How to make my IP not to change..?

Wezza

lua nOOb
Reaction score
Hello folks,
My IP changes randomly, and then, I've to restart my server, also to fix the new IP on daopay, I do have automatic ip-changer, but I still have to restart my server to let peeps get on back,
and the daopay I've to do it manually every time the IP changes, I've to change it myself..

so I'm wondering if there's any possible way to make my IP not to change.. :eek:

Ill be thankful, also Ill rep the useful posts.

There's no such way if you'r ISP has assinged you a dynamic IP.

Either try to contact you'r ISP and ask for Static and pay a little for it or get DNS servicess.

Read my Thread about new Ot-Restarter-Software. I will solve your problem with this programm. I had this problem too. So i know whats wrong and what is to do.

The Problem is:

That your Tibia-Server didnt realize that you got a new Internet-Ip. For Example:

your Domain-Name is tibiaOTserver.com -->available under IP --> 12.12.12.132

After a time your Internet-Ip will be changed by Provider. Now is your Internet-IP 12.13.13.111 --> your Software from no-ip.net realize that and change your Internet-IP on his DNS(Domain-Name-Server)

so if I ping now your Domain name "tibiaOTserver.com" i ping your correct IP.

BUT your Tibia-Server (Software) didnt realized that --> the Tibia-Server always think that the ppl can connect under the old IP 12.12.12.132.

So you have to restart your Tibia-Server. :/ That the Tibia-Server can load Config.lua again with the correct Ip.

Dunno why the Tibia-Server have this prob but i know how i can solvee it.

thx for reading
HOLZ

As Anco said.. You gotta rent a static IP, eventough you'll have to pay some more for it because its an extra service. If you can't ge arsed paying more, just use a domain. (Its cheapper)

heres the deal, you dont gotta pay or any of that shit. download no-ip DUC at http://www.no-ip.com/
Then create a domain name, and in ur server config for ip="" put in the domain name . EX:blabla.no-ip.org.. its really easy my ip changes too.

And whenever you restart your computer be sure to open it so it updats to your current ip. if it changes while ur comp is on just uncheck then check the box next to your domain name and it will update to the new ip.

@Dixter

That is correct! But after ip change by Provider you cant connect to Server! Reason:

The Tibia-Server-Software doesnt realize that the domain xy.de is now available under a new IP.

thx for reading
Holz

ye but after you download the domain name and set that as the server ip, you dnt have to change anything anymore, just uncheck and check the box and it updates. You ahve to wait a few minutes before apache realizes that the ip has changed. thats what i do, and then wait a few minutes and everything is fine.

@Dixter

Yes with "Apache"(WebServer) it works. But not with ForgottenServer-Software. The Programm Forgottenserver (for example) didnt realize that.(The Internet-IP-Change)

thx for reading
Holz

not with the webserver omg.... listen carefully: I....use......theforgottenserver.......and........I.....Put......my.......hostname(scorpia.no-ip.org).......as......my.....SERVER......ip......in.....my.......server......config........It......takes.....a.....few....minutes......for.....THEFORGOTTENSERVER AND APACHE......to.......realise.....this. I'm using it atm and it works fine, you can connect to my OTS with scorpia.no-ip.org. but if you dont wanna download it then dont pff....

OK.

So after the Internet Provider changed your Internet-IP, ppls always can connect with "scorpia.no-ip.org" to your Tibiaserver? (after Internet-Ip-Change)

your System preferences:
Config.lua for example:

ip="scorpia.no-ip.org"

and it works? you DONT have to restart server after Internet-IP-Change??

thx for reading
Holz

post script:
Dixter nice discussion :D

sorry for the latwe response but my computer is down. yes that is correct. ip="scorpia.no-ip.org" after i update host i have to wait a few minutes for apache to update it and then it works.

Back