• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

I need help i am new !!

Reaction score
Well i really have been liking what i have been seeing around all the ots i have been in.
so i started thinking about i wanted to do my part in making a ot and maybe bring you guys into itto help with some of the updates...
But theres 1 problem I looked on youtube and every single download and there just not as good as information how to make on as in a couple years ago
So i am thinking that you guys would be my best bet in making one i would a Really want to thank you if you could give me some advice or some GOOD links to download I am trying to make it a 8.4 serv

Thanks to all that read and help
Sincerley 486255 :eek:

Last edited:
what i might also try to do is just make a ot that does not need a database but just download a 8.4 clent and just edit it But is that possible?

Hey umm dont think i am dumb But all the mysql things and all the data base stuff i really have no idea what that is it seemed like on youtube you download a client and put it in a notepad and change there ip to your ip and you can play it and it makes it yours

Yes, but otservers has been upgraded alot and SQL is the most used in otservers. If you want XML, you can go for earlier versions but they will not be stable at all, so if you want a stable server, go for SQL. MySQL isn't that hard as some people think, and looking at youtube when there are pretty many other tutorials about how you set up MySQL out there would be kinda "Unexperienced".

Also, this thread looks quite similar to the other thread you made, so I am telling you again. Jobs section if you want a team.

Back