• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

"Importing" characters from real Tibia

silic0nalph4

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm trying to recreate several of my real-Tibia characters in a private OT running on Docker. I want to double-check the procedure that I'm following so I can document it for the future (and not mess up my characters 😀). Specifically I want to check what info is required when setting skill levels, and whether there's a better way of doing it.

I'm using MyAAC in my OT cluster. This was a fairly arbitrary choice, and I bear no ill-will towards ZNoteAcc - I haven't tried it yet, so please do just say if this would be easier to achieve in it!

Initial setup
  • Create a character via the "My Account" page with the character name and gender I want.
  • Switch over to the MyACC admin page, e.g. http://opentibia.local/admin
  • Side bar -> Editor -> Players -> search for the name of my new character

Enter the following information:

Basic info:
  • Vocation
  • Town
  • Bank balance 🤑

Level info:
  • Level
  • Experience
  • Health
  • Health max
  • Mana
  • Mana max
  • Capacity
  • Magic level
  • Soul

Skills:
  • Fist fighting
  • Club fighting
  • Sword fighting
  • Axe fighting
  • Distance fighting
  • Shielding
  • Fishing

The following fields are also available to fill, but I'm not sure how to calculate them or whether they're needed:
  • Mana spent
  • Fist fighting tries
  • Club fighting tries
  • Sword fighting tries
  • Axe fighting tries
  • Distance fighting tries
  • Shielding tries
  • Fishing tries

I have a vague memory that Tibia skill increases are based on the number of "tries" as shown above. I guess my questions are:
  • In order to give a character skill level x do I need to set the corresponding number of tries so that skill increases are calculated correctly?
  • How can I convert a skill level into the number of tries required to reach that skill level? (I don't think you can get tries out of the Tibia client)
  • Is there a better way to set a skill level for a character rather than going through the MyAAC admin page?

Same questions apply to level - rather than entering the health, mana, and capacity, etc, is there a better way to just say "tada, you're level 100 now"?

Thanks in advance!

Silic0n Alph4

Solution
Thread title was click bait as I didn't notice this thread was in the support section. I was thinking hmm how the heck can characters from RL be imported, then a light bulb went off maybe someone made a script that can parse the char bazaar and create a matching ot character with items and skills. Sadly, I was all wrong.

On topic, You can set a characters level and skill in game using the /addskill talk action forgottenserver/add_skill.lua at master · otland/forgottenserver (https://github.com/otland/forgottenserver/blob/master/data/talkactions/scripts/add_skill.lua)
Thread title was click bait as I didn't notice this thread was in the support section. I was thinking hmm how the heck can characters from RL be imported, then a light bulb went off maybe someone made a script that can parse the char bazaar and create a matching ot character with items and skills. Sadly, I was all wrong.

On topic, You can set a characters level and skill in game using the /addskill talk action forgottenserver/add_skill.lua at master · otland/forgottenserver (https://github.com/otland/forgottenserver/blob/master/data/talkactions/scripts/add_skill.lua)

Solution
Thank you, @soul4soul! And apologies - the thread title really wasn't meant to be clickbait :(

I've used the /addskill action to set skills for my characters, e.g. /addskill Sleepy Nub,club,10. (For future thread readers: this increases the club skill by 10. It really is add skill.)

I noticed that this hasn't changed any "tries" values in the players db table, e.g. skill_club=20 and skill_club_tries=0. Is this something that I should be concerned about or utterly irrelevant for skill increases?

Back