• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

In a very serious server, do you prefer a rook or starting being lvl 8?

In a very serious server do you prefer rook starting being lvl 8?

• nice rook with quests

Votes: 30 62.5%
  • normal, starting lvl 8

Votes: 18 37.5%

• Total voters

Sir MoX

Reaction score
Hi, I wounder if people in a serious serious server prefer starting in a kind of rook or if the prefer to start being already lvl 8?

You should try to avoid Rookgaard at all times.
It was made to teach players how to play the game.

i will say that a pro-server should have extra experience to hit 8 fast, probably edited creatures, so you hit 8 in like 10 minutes without effort

Rookgaard was funny... in that times that it had many players, having fun... there was possible to sell your set and go, was funny... now everybody take 30-60 minutes on rookgaard and leaves... *Sigh*

Rookgaard was funny... in that times that it had many players, having fun... there was possible to sell your set and go, was funny... now everybody take 30-60 minutes on rookgaard and leaves... *Sigh*

7.1-7.9 was the glory days of Rookgaard, you couldn't even walk across the academy to the temple because of all the people. God, how I miss those days :(.

Well, im not a fan of rookgaard.. especially not the real-map rookgaard where you level on rats, gain level 8, speak to the oracle; voila the game begins. I've done it 100th's of time and don't wanna do it a hundreds more. I rather see a path you walk trough, choose your gear on the way and at the end you choose vocation at some npc or something. more interaction when choosing vocation, lesser rat-killing.

true story.

A server with rookgard seems more serious than one without. It also helps build a "story" of your character. Beginning at lvl 8 like nothing only fit h rate servers.

BUT

Rook shouldn't necessary take more than 10 minutes! Because rook is so boring. But necessary.

a higher exp stage from 1-8 solves it pretty easy.

I think if you're going to do a serious server make a 100% custom rookgaard where you can get 8 quickly then the exp slows down. For the people that like the RPG feel without the pvp aspect. Its an area where you can still feel accomplished if you hit level 50 - 100. Not something where it's dreadful to play on. This way you can please your whole audience. Main quickly, rook speedy yet satisfying. But that's if you're doing a custom map instead of a real map if you're doing a real map then rookgaard is 100% useless. Unless you do what icechaw did and add special features, a few stronger monsters, and make quests that actually mean something not just kill a few wasps and get studded legs. imo I love rook, yet it's not something I want to play 24/7. It's just a nice little change if you know what I mean.

In a way I agree for all the people saying that rook-guard is useless but it depends how he makes it. Yes rook-guard was made to teach you how to play, but instead for a custom server the rook-guard could show you all the features about the server. It could help you understand and learn the server better.

With rook you can make a story, for example: you live in a small village and only few warriors that have true skills to became powerfull can travel to the continent that is main

you dont need a rookgard, some hunting grounds for low levels in your sewers, hight exp rate if they are -8 and that should solve the problem

It would be great to see a server with a city similar to that of Rookgaard. Unfortunately, I feel like a lot of OTs are not serious which makes it difficult for me to put time and effort into a level 1 character on an OT that I can't take seriously.

I had a server with a rookgaard-like system.
It only got 12 players.

Red

Why are people still discussing this, I thought my post on the first page was the nail on the coffin to this topic.
And how the hell, what? 20 (9 more) are in favor of Rookgaard?
Do all you people really want to bore yourselves to death?

Even if Rookgaard is meant to teach players the game, it must appeal to at least some people if they have characters that are on Rookgaard that are higher than level 8.

Back
Top Bottom