• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

is tibia OT legal? how hard is it to make one?

kevin1

Reaction score
Is it legal or not? Every place has different answers can someone give me a proper answer please!! :)

Also, how hard is it? I know simple programing like html,css some actionscript so I understand the concepts of programming.

Whats the best tutorial?

Thanks a lot!

Byez!

SO IT IS LEGAL TO MAKE, DISTRIBUTE, PUBLICLY ADVERTISE, EDIT, MAKE PERSONal PROFIT, USE ALL GRAPHICS, USE ALL NAMES OF TIBIA AND IT IS LEGAL ??

Sure??

The server's alone are legal but using an IP changer on the client / hex editing the client is not "legal" (You are modifying copy-written software without the permission of the license owner). Using a third party client such as YATC is a little more legal but using the same sprites can be seen as copyright infringement as well.

How would you go about creating a standalone version and modyfying it enough to become "your own" is it possible or is it just waay to much work that you might as well make a new game??

Appreciate all the help!

Its definitely not worth the amount of time you would spend... As far as we know though, CIP does not have any 'tracking' mechanism on their clients...So you should be fine.

Really? Cant you just take the tibia client from tibia, change the sprites and take the client and make it downloadable on your own website or something?

You would need to use a client such as YATC (Yet Another Tibia Client) and then use 100% custom sprites. People are lazy though and most likely will not play if you do that...And YATC isn't that functional ATM...

I mean making a standalone game will take years so copying tibia mus be easier, some OT's I have seen (I dont play) look pretty "Creative"

What do you mean people are lazy? Lazy to do what? :eek:

They are too lazy to download a 100% custom client. Most people play more than one OT and like using the IP changer.

Yes but what I wanted to do is to make a completely different game with the gameplay of Tibia, like Phobos online, isent that just a copy of tibia? So it will have a completely different name/quests/classes/NPC/map/spells/runes/skills, is that possible? :p

So.. You're asking me if its possible to make your own game? Of course its possible it will just take 1. Skill 2. Brains 3. Time!

No no, I meant basically a tibia ot which I change so much it doesent look like Tibia, then I have a seperate website and everything so it will look like a game made from scratch but its not.. isent that possible? Just to download tibia and change it and offer it as a download without ip changers and stuff..

Most OTs have separate websites... Some OTs also use custom sprites... Depends on how 'custom' you want your OT. The more custom you want it, the longer it will take and the more skill / time it will take to make it all work out.

Ok but will it be possible to avoid all the ip changer's and things like that, so its its own game, do you need the source code for that? Can you get that? I dont know excactly how OT's work.. do oyu get what I mean though? I want a complete seperate game, not tibia, MY game which I copied from tibia and changed it so much it doesent look like tibia :d

You can hex edit the tibia client to change:

1. RSA Key
2. Port
3. IP address

You can also simply replace the .dat and .spr with versions that have the sprites you want.

AND

You can replace the Tibia.pic file to make the client look differently.

None of this is legal as far as I know.

Ok, how hard is that? And When you have done that can you just get everything into 1 simple download like Tibia does?

//Thanks

And what part of it is illegal? I mean, its illegal but wouldent it be impossible to proove it was "copied" ?

If you modify their client in any way, you are committing copyright infringement. If you code your own client from scratch and use your own sprites then you would be fine.

Back