• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Italy] [7.7] Realots Testserver (oldschool PvP-E mode; 50% exhaust)

Which PvP mode would you like to see this experimental server in? (private votes)

• PvP-E (50% exhaust for aggressive runes and spells, no skulls and frags, exp for player kills)

Votes: 23 41.1%
  • Normal PvP (6 frags/day, 10 frags/week, 20 frags/month for ban and normal exhaust etc)

Votes: 12 21.4%
  • Normal PvP (10+ frags/day, 20+ frags/week, 40+ frags/month for ban and normal exhaust etc)

Votes: 11 19.6%
  • Non-PvP (no player killing, normal exhaust)

Votes: 10 17.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thanks for the compliment and the feedback.
The game-server is as good as bug-free, but there are other crucial components that are not, and since I'm not in it for a quick buck I'm not risking it.

I think you misunderstood the guy.
He's saying that Real Tibia PvP-E had the same exhaust as regular PvP and that my server is unrealistic because mine is half exhaust.
That's exatcly what I ment. If your server has 50% exhaust my statement stands :)

That's exatcly what I ment. If your server has 50% exhaust my statement stands :)
You also think Real Tibia PvP-E servers had the same amount of exhaust (2 seconds for aggressive spells/runes) as regular PvP servers back in 7.7?

You also think Real Tibia PvP-E servers had the same amount of exhaust (2 seconds for aggressive spells/runes) as regular PvP servers back in 7.7?
I was thinking if you had 50% of the original exhausts.

I was thinking if you had 50% of the original exhausts.
Indeed I do.
But Tomato seem to believe that there was and should only be original exhaust for all PvP modes, that Inferna had original exhaust, and that my server is not realistic because it doesn't have original exhaust.

The answer is Yes. Or am i wrong?
I can't answer for Tony, but the factual answer is clearly no.
Half exhaust for PvP-E servers are documented from every Inferna/Dolera cam file in existence, one of which I linked to just 1 page ago in this thread, and in the released engine's decompiled C pseudocode, looking like this (in different spell-action functions):
Code:
v9 = 1000;
  if ( WorldType != 2 )
    v9 = 2000;
  CheckMana((TCreature *)&y, Mana, v9, (int)cr, Mana, SoulPoints, v9);
Translation:
Set Exhaust to 1000 milliseconds.
If WorldType is not PvP-Enforced then Set Exhaust to 2000 milliseconds.
Cast spell with 1000 or 2000 milliseconds of exhaust depending on WorldType.

Last edited:
Inferna didn't have rune exhaust until after hotkeys for runes were introduced. That's why it's like this here.
There's only a second delay instead. Brilliant, really. Look at the movie he posted on previous page.

I'm curious, there is any delay that prevents your walk if you use a potion or rune? I mean if i try to instantly walk after using a rune/potion i will walkback.

I'm curious, there is any delay that prevents your walk if you use a potion or rune? I mean if i try to instantly walk after using a rune/potion i will walkback.
I believe so, but I'm not completely sure.
You should come and try it out :p

Hard to explain. Best to try it.
It's like any action you do will cancel your walk.
If you instantly try to walk after using a rune however, the rune won't fire.
You can do this fluently.
But it takes some practice to get the right flow.

The Query Manger crashed again (so the game server shut itself off).
The Query Manager is an ancient piece of code that desperately needs to be updated, but I have far too little knowledge of and experience with C++ to rewrite it myself, so I just have to learn along the way what goes wrong and try to fix one error at a time.
This is one of the main reasons why this server is still in Beta mode :)

Game server is up again now.

Edit: Question to you guys: Do any of you struggle economically in-game and have a bunch of djinn loot, wishing it was easier to get djinn access?
I got this feedback from one player and thought I'd check if anyone else feel the same way, or if there's something else you guys feel is so sorely lacking (like more strength for knights or other things) that can't wait for my poll system to be finished (might take 1-2 weeks more or less) to establish what everyone wants?

Last edited:
I might have a new Query Manager on my hard-disk, i'll take a look later tonight when i'm at home.
If I find it i'll pm you the upload link and you can compare the old one with the new.

Edit: Question to you guys: Do any of you struggle economically in-game and have a bunch of djinn loot, wishing it was easier to get djinn access?
I got this feedback from one player and thought I'd check if anyone else feel the same way, or if there's something else you guys feel is so sorely lacking (like more strength for knights or other things) that can't wait for my poll system to be finished (might take 1-2 weeks more or less) to establish what everyone wants?

I think if you can do the poll system like you said we can wait, will be good to know if the problem is djinns, damages, prices, economy in general, or anything else...

thanks for the attention

Seems like the Query Manager crashed, i get the "Internal error, closing connection." message when i try to log in.

Seems like the Query Manager crashed, i get the "Internal error, closing connection." message when i try to log in.
You're correct.
It's been restarted, but it might be hard to find the cause of this crash as I'm not getting any kind of error or debug info related to it :\
I'll try though.

You're correct.
It's been restarted, but it might be hard to find the cause of this crash as I'm not getting any kind of error or debug info related to it :\
I'll try though.
You need to debug it with debug info then allow it to generate a core file. Then you will be able to find with gdb which is the cause of the crash.

Back