• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Kiper and Slawkens? + notice

Vagabond

Reaction score
What are their branches for? Seems unusual to have two branches at the same time to begin with, much less with undescriptive names like those who are working on them.

As for the notice, update your source with the changes in OTServ avesta branch's newest revision. ;)

I guess they develop different things, since they're gonna go together into TFS 0.2.4 or something I guess Tala don't want them to work against each other, so he made 2 branches for them. I've got no idea, but I think that's why.

My branch wont be important there. I have some codes, changes which i made to TFS and which i'm using on my server. I thinked about creating new engine, but i saw that there is somethink like branches, so in my branch will be some more functions which are needed, like autoSave, autoClean, invisible system, and many many more!

Look it up in the dictionary ;) Just like a tree, same root but different branches.

thinked - thought man!:p
somethink - something
needed - in this case rather useful.

That's all from the most common mistakes :p

My branch wont be important there. I have some codes, changes which i made to TFS and which i'm using on my server. I thinked about creating new engine, but i saw that there is somethink like branches, so in my branch will be some more functions which are needed, like autoSave, autoClean, invisible system, and many many more!
3 easy changes require new branch? No more doubts! o_O

@up
this is because we cant commit changes in cpp/h without aprovation of Talaturen because of it he make one branch and i go make one later too

3 easy changes require new branch? No more doubts! o_O

Cant you correct read?

I said, it are only some examples. And if its easy to do for you, then just say me why peoples are everywhere requesting it?

Also i dont understand whats your problem? It is something bad that there will be some new branch? Will be it problem to you? If you dont understand idea, just ignore this branch..

I agree with that it's pointless with slawkens and Lithium's branch, it will just give you extra work since you have to keep your sources up to date all the time. We're really in need of alot more NPC examples and to make the map playable.

However Kiper's branch is going to be The Forgotten Server 0.5 if he works on it which I doubt he will, so at the moment they're all pointless in my opinion.

If you want some features added to The Forgotten Server simply submit them as feature requests, don't create a new branch and separate the project into parts.

I agree with you Talaturen. It'd be better if you could attach their features (ie. after discussion if it's needed) to official TFS realase. Making branches that would have just a few features it's in my opinion pointless and can make others confused. But on the other hand I don't know if you Talaturen will agree for their features. We'll see how it'd work.

I agree with that it's pointless with slawkens and Lithium's branch, it will just give you extra work since you have to keep your sources up to date all the time. We're really in need of alot more NPC examples and to make the map playable.

However Kiper's branch is going to be The Forgotten Server 0.5 if he works on it which I doubt he will, so at the moment they're all pointless in my opinion.

If you want some features added to The Forgotten Server simply submit them as feature requests, don't create a new branch and separate the project into parts.
At least one (and the most important actually ^_^), who agreed with me.

Back