• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Level 1 bug?

Super Nova

A Sad Alien
Reaction score
Hey, i just made my ot again, but somtimes when players die they get to level 1, how does this happen, it's not all the time, it's just somtimes.

login.lua
Code:
local loss = getConfigValue('deathLostPercent')
	if(loss ~= nil) then
		doPlayerSetLossPercent(cid, PLAYERLOSS_EXPERIENCE, loss * 10)
	end

It happens when players buy blessings and they're using Gesior AAC to create characters. Uh, fix loss percents on you sample characters.

Soem players seem to always login as level 1 (with their equipment still though) after they die. I can't seen to find where or why this is happening..

mm, that's in the database. I'm using Nicaw, I looked in every file but couldn't find the one that creates the tables for the new characters... they're all set to 10 btw, which in my opinions should mean 10%. and in server configurations the exploss is set to 1%. I think it's strange that it only happens randomly though.

So, this is a very important thing to deal with. It seems(I cannot say for sure) as if after a player reaches level 900 and dies, he will be downgraded to level 1. His skills and items are stored normally. If the player now goes to level 89 and dies agin, he will now be brought back to level 1 again with 0 experience points.

This is very crucial. Any help apriciated.

Last edited:
I have the same bug cant find a solution for it. mainly caused because it seems to be random, so i dont have a way to trigger it.

I don't know what server you're using, but if it's the latest branches/0.2/, it happens when a player has 0 hp (still in death delay) and is being saved. That will be fixed in my next commit for 0.2.

Back