• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

LoL vs HoN

LoL Or HoN

• LoL

Votes: 82 65.1%
  • HoN

Votes: 44 34.9%

• Total voters
hon is better in any case , better graphics , better spell effects , better heroes , LoL is just lame copy of dota\hon , and it looks like a game for 8 year old kids

I don't really know how you got so stupid but hey.

First off let's compare dates,
LoL: Release date(s) October 27, 2009
HoN: Release date(s) May 12, 2010

So no, LoL did not copy HoN, but in actual fact, both copied the basic gameplay of DoTa.
Though, HoN completely ripped off DoTa, at least LoL took the game in another direction, some would say it's more cartoonish & maybe even more childish, but it has by far got a better & more appealing look than HoN does.

LoL got a competitive scene and active community.

HoN is deadek? No competitive teams left atleast (pro teams)

Hi, i like these flamewars

LoL is much better

teh bumps, oh god the bumps

LoL > Dota2 > HoN

Even though I don't have much experience with Dota2 and HoN, but I guess I have enough to say it's shit.

How can one prefer dota2/hon graphics over LoL graphics?

teh bumps, oh god the bumps

LoL > Dota2 > HoN

Even though I don't have much experience with Dota2 and HoN, but I guess I have enough to say it's shit.

How can one prefer dota2/hon graphics over LoL graphics?

Do you know that the person that made LoL was the creator of dota? Do you know why he stoped make dota and let icefrog do it instead? So instead of talking shit please go check it up

Do you know that the person that made LoL was the creator of dota? Do you know why he stoped make dota and let icefrog do it instead? So instead of talking shit please go check it up

What? That doesn't make any sense whatsoever. It's like saying Diablo III and World of Warcraft are equally good because they're created by Blizzard.

The graphics are different than dota, WAY different, so are the mechanics and general gameplay.

also fyi, Steve Feak is employed by Riot as a Game Designer and before that, he helped designing DotA. He's no creator, owner, ceo, founder or whatever you want you want to call it.

I'd label you a retard because of what you just said and WHY WOULD IT MATTER? I BAKE TWO COOKIES, I BURN FIRST ONE, SECOND ONE IS -PERFECT-, PROBLEM?

thanks

What? That doesn't make any sense whatsoever. It's like saying Diablo III and World of Warcraft are equally good because they're created by Blizzard.

The graphics are different than dota, WAY different, so are the mechanics and general gameplay.

also fyi, Steve Feak is employed by Riot as a Game Designer and before that, he helped designing DotA. He's no creator, owner, ceo, founder or whatever you want you want to call it.

I'd label you a retard because of what you just said and WHY WOULD IT MATTER? I BAKE TWO COOKIES, I BURN FIRST ONE, SECOND ONE IS -PERFECT-, PROBLEM?

thanks

By saying Guinsso aint the creator of LoL is madness, He was the one making Dota. After that Icefrog picked up the project and renamed it to Dota Allstars And then it got balanced. Guinsoo made a contract with Roitgames to create LoL and all was 100% his ideas as it was first dota original game play/style So please stfu

Edit: Same as S2 games scammed Icefrog on his dota ideas. And after vavle picked him up to create DOTA2

Roitgames would never have made LoL If guinsso didnt make a contract with them cuz of copyrights

- - - Updated - - -

And some fun facts for you mr retard. Oldest heroes on LoL are Heroes that came from original dota made by guinsso. Same as Icefrogs heroes are in hon

By saying Guinsso aint the creator of LoL is madness, He was the one making Dota. After that Icefrog picked up the project and renamed it to Dota Allstars And then it got balanced. Guinsoo made a contract with Roitgames to create LoL and all was 100% his ideas as it was first dota original game play/style So please stfu

Edit: Same as S2 games scammed Icefrog on his dota ideas. And after vavle picked him up to create DOTA2

Roitgames would never have made LoL If guinsso didnt make a contract with them cuz of copyrights

- - - Updated - - -

And some fun facts for you mr retard. Oldest heroes on LoL are Heroes that came from original dota made by guinsso. Same as Icefrogs heroes are in hon

LOL "mr retard".

I'll put this in there so you can stfu for once, you're all wrong.

The first version of Defense of the Ancients was released in 2003 by a mapmaker under the alias of Eul[15] who based the map on a previous StarCraft scenario known as "Aeon of Strife".[13] After the release of Warcraft's expansion The Frozen Throne, which added new features to the World Editor, Eul did not update the scenario.[16] Other mapmakers produced spinoffs that added new heroes, items, and features.[15]
Among the DotA variants created in the wake of Eul's map, there was DotA Allstars, developed by modder Steve Feak (under the alias Guinsoo); this version would become today's dominant version of the map, simply known as Defense of the Ancients.[17] Feak said when he began developing DotA Allstars, he had no idea how popular the game would eventually become

Pendragon and Guinsoo left the dota project.

Guinsoo went on to apply many of the mechanics and lessons he learned from Defense of the Ancients to the Riot Games title League of Legends.

Mescon closed dota-allstars on July 22, 2010, citing dropping statistics and his new passion for League of Legends as the reason for its end.

League of Legends was created and in open beta when Guinsoo and Pendragon joined Riot by the way.

By the way, what champion in dota is this:

Annie_Original_Skin.jpg

All Guinsoo has in league of legends (in-game that is) is this:
Guinsoos_Rageblade2.png

edit: and this, Shen sometimes chants "Guinsoo" during Stand United

edit: you can also read more about how you are wrong by reading this: http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Steve_'Guinsoo'_Feak

Feak was the previous designer of the popular Warcraft III: the Frozen Throne custom map DotA: Allstars. Using the original DotA created by Eul (the original Defense of the Ancients map for Warcraft III: Reign Of Chaos) as a base, Feak made DotA: Allstars by adding his own mix of content.

Last edited:
The scenario was developed with the "World Editor" of Reign of Chaos, and was updated upon the release of its expansion, The Frozen Throne. There have been many variations of the original concept; the most popular being DotA Allstars, which eventually was simplified to DotA with the release of version 6.68.[3] This specific scenario has been maintained by several authors during development, the latest of whom being the anonymous developer known as "IceFrog" developing the game since 2005.

- - - Updated - - -

So gtfo with your ugly lol wikia

- - - Updated - - -

Among the DotA variants created in the wake of Eul's map, there was DotA Allstars, developed by modder Steve Feak (under the alias Guinsoo); this version would become today's dominant version of the map, simply known as Defense of the Ancients

Eul made the map from Starcraft and reworked it to Roc

- - - Updated - - -

And once again i dont remeber all heroes from original dota THAT WAS MODDED BY GUINSOO. But all ideas came from him and its a statement from both Eul,Icefrog,Guinsoo so please copy more from your League of legends wikia that have existed for ? 2 years?

- - - Updated - - -

And once again i dont remeber all heroes from original dota THAT WAS MODDED BY GUINSOO. But all ideas came from him and its a statement from both Eul,Icefrog,Guinsoo so please copy more from your League of legends wikia that have existed for ? 2 years?

Hmm, interesting. So what you're saying that LoL has gotten LOADS bigger than HoN and DOTA for that low amount of time, that just proves the awesomeness of League of Legends.

Dunno why you guys argue anyways, there's always someone that disagrees, which is allowed. Some people say this, some people say that.

By putting an end to this;
League of Legends has gotten better & much better over the years, gotten more active player base than almost any game. 12 million players online daily.
That's a lot of players.
However, you HoN fanboys say that League graphics is bad? How come LoL has 12 million players online daily and HoN doesn't?
There has to be something LoL is doing right to get all the players so active. I rest my case.

Dunno why you guys argue anyways, there's always someone that disagrees, which is allowed. Some people say this, some people say that.

I said LoL was better than Dota2 and HoN. He brought up DoTa:Allstars for no reason, the continued about Guinsoo, then I don't know what the fuck he is talking about. He's a complete idiot.

Please, tell me why instead of rushing off topic to prove yourself not being an idiot.

Here's why: LoL is/was better and had more potential. Guinsoo took the chance and joined the successful company. But he's not the creator.

I'm done now, this dude is clearly handicapped in some kind of way.

Okay, this is such an overrated argument. But I'm going to let you know my opinion.

First: LoL seems very.. amateuristic. You don't even need any farm in order to kill what ever hero. In HoN, there are skills involved: Last hitting creeps, denying so the competitive player doesn't get any farm/experience, juking (juke, making the other players lose sight of you when you are in a bad position so you can return to base), etc. If you don't have any farm at all, you are useless, you might as well support. However, if you kill people and last hit the creeps you are going to be impossible to kill.

Another bad thing about LoL is the queue system. I agree, S2's security system isn't the best, but if the servers are full in LoL, it will take forever to join the game. Say what ever you want to me, how I'm incorrect, how I'm a retard, really.. I couldn't give two shits.

In conclusion: HoN requires skills, LoL doesn't.

Everything you mentioned exists in LoL.
Farm + Mechanics > all
Also, HoN doesn't place you in queue when you attempt to login because HoN's playerbase is 10 times smaller than LoL.

HoN might require skill, but so does LoL.

I'm assuming you would be around level 5-15 in LoL.

I have no clue how you are thinking, you have no real insight in the game and you question its mechanics after a few low level games. This is probably the first time I've heard someone complaining about LoL's mechanics and about farm/juke and whatever when both games are MOBAs and its gameplay are similar.

Slowly losing faith in otl