• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Hoster Looking for a hoster

pwner123

Reaction score
Hello, I am known as Immortality through a variety of servers. I used to run/operate two servers previously. I averaged around twenty players on both servers. Both were custom maps. However, my true passion has always been for real maps. My computer is too bad to host a real map, but I've wanted to create a PVP-Enforced real map that mimics the environment of Dolera. [Original] Real Server - 3.6 [8.60] That is the base I want to start with. I'd prefer a US hoster as I'm american, but Id be grateful for nearly any decent hoster.

What would be different about this server?

Real maps today typically start with a high base experience rate then slowly decrease as the player gets higher. However, pking is most exhilarating when it is at lower levels. When I used to play on Dolera and 40-60s were midlevels that was legit, wars were a blast and quite enjoyable. My plan is to create a low experience server with both an economy and a Dolera-feel. Firstly, I'd have the exp rate be set around 5x and not have experience stages. The loot rate would be either 1.5 or 1.7. Most likely 1.6 XD. Players being lowered-leveled in addition to having a fairly difficult loot rate would slowly stimulate an economy. 8.6 was the last great version of tibia in my opinion. 8.7 ruined the game especially with spell cooldowns :S. The low loot rate and low experience rate would make for good pking. I'm really tired of seeing real maps with 5x loot rate and 350x exp rate. It makes the game grow boring quickly. I also have many various ideas to stimulate war such as a trophy for killing players above x level. Perhaps, I'd even create a mini-annihilator. :O

How would the hoster be paid?

The hoster will receive 100% of donations. I do not want to do this for the cash. Honestly, I could care less. I'll make some balanced donator items perhaps things like private spawns, but no overpowered donator crap. Overpowered donor items ruin servers.

What do I need from the hoster?

I need a speedtest of the computer that would be hosting the server. I'd also need guaranteed uptime as the player base would be limited if the server was down often and that would make the hoster less money :S.

I would like to thank you for taking the time to read this thread. Hopefully, you will consider giving me a chance. I have wanted to do this for quite some time now. I am dedicated and will make sure this succeeds, and of course, get the hoster some nice $$$. :) Thanks!

Bump

What people on my other hosting thread on vapus are saying:

Ah you understand how an OT should look like.. 350x rate servers are indeed boring. I used to love to try to PK high lvls with a low level . :) Good luck finding a hoster.

i might help you check me post on jobs section

Thanks for all of you who showed interest thus far. I have received pms from over five people. However, I have still yet to find the right person. Still need a hoster!

@ lindeman if you read above, you'll see the hoster gets 100% of donations. I'd also need to know the ram,processor, and connection speed as the real map i want hosted requires 3gb minimum and I'd prefer at least 4gigs of ram. Thanks for your reply :)

@lukamika I'll check it out.

Bump. Have gotten a few more offers today. I may take one of the people who pmed me up on the offer. However, keep the pms coming!

Bump have received ten offers so far yet none have worked out so far. Still looking for a hoster :(

If you still searching hoster check my thread: otland.net/f61/hoster-offers-his-server-serious-project-hot-146291

Back