• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Looking for someone to help me with my 7.4 client issue

fschuindt

Reaction score
GitHub
fschuindt
Disclaimer: This is a paid job offer.

I own the source code for a nice 7.72 server that runs with the original 7.4 sprites. It comes with its own client, a 7.72 Tibia CipSoft client with the Hex all modified. Let's call it the "modded client". There are tons of modifications on this client that I don't like, so my goal is to make my server compatible with the OTClient or just the plain old vanilla Cip 7.72 client. But the modded client is a 7.72 Cip client running the original 7.4 sprites and Tibia.dat. I know it's the same of 7.4 due to the number of sprites, items, and the signature.

Another modification the original owner made was witihn the protocols on the C++ server side, it has encryption disabled plus a few changes that made the protocol unique, I think the goal of those protocol changes was to protect the server. But I think I was able to modify the server's C++ to make it run with the normal 7.72 protocol again.

But I still can't login. I've tried with the vanilla Cip 7.72 client, and also the vanilla Cip 7.72 client with the Tibia.dat and Tibia.spr modified to be the same as the 7.4, plus a few other combinations, all using the ObjectBuilder to edit the Tibia.dat and Tibia.spr. But no matter what I do, I always get the following Tibia client error after I selected the character: "The Tibia client encountered a critical error and had to be stopped.", followed by the text report:
+---------------------------------------------------------------
Debug Assertion 7.72 Objects.cpp 267
Mon Jan 31 01:39:41 2022
Windows Version: 6.2 build 9200 on 2
Graphic Engine: 2
Last Packet Types: 100 020 100 020 000 000 000 000 000 000
Player.cpp 383: exception occurred, reason:
Network.cpp 885: exception occurred (ErrorCode = 0), reason:
Control.cpp 1280: exception occurred (Type = 100), reason:
Communication.cpp 1460: exception occurred (PlayerX = 2051) (PlayerY = 18176), reason:
Communication.cpp 1437: exception occurred (xmin = 0) (ymin = 0), reason:
Communication.cpp 1416: exception occurred (Type = 16672) (OldType = 0), reason:
Objects.cpp 270: exception occurred (Type = 16672) (Flag = 5), reason:
Objects.cpp 267: assertion failed (Type = 16672) (ObjectProperties->high() = 3134), reason:
In(Type,ObjectProperties->low(),ObjectProperties->high())
----------------------------------------------------------------

Searching online I figured this might be related with the items.otb on the server not matching the Tibia.dat of the client, which makes sense.

Another problem is that it seems to have something funky going on with the Tibia.dat of the modded client I own. Trying to load it with ObjectBuilder will yield an error, but I know the ObjectBuilder version I have is compatible. Makes me think that the original owner might have modded the Tibia.dat to be unique too with some sort of byte modifier, there are some unkwown flags there I think, I'm not sure. However I think this particular modification is happening on the client-side only.

I need someone that would be able to produce me a Cip or OTClient that will run with my server.

I'm posting here the modded client, the items.otb and items.xml if someone is interested into taking a look. Download here:
my_files (https://www.mediafire.com/file/az7zfbi5vx4xafk/my_files.zip/file)

If you think you're up to this job, please message me.

Thank you!

Back