• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Scripter Looking for someone to optimize Server

potinho

Advanced OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
Looking for someone with refferences to optimize my server. Its a OTX 2 with 7.72 protocol. Something is consuming CPU, like 60, 70% with 30 players on. Dont know if have something to do in sources or scripts, need someone to help me.

Discord:

p0t1nh0#2150

As you already have these measurements, you can simple make a profiling on your server binary. It would give you some smell on where things are critical and you can maybe improve by yourself.

If you are using linux there is a tool that you can use: perf-tool. I don't remmember the correct words by now, but it is something like:
perf record otxserver

and late you can use other perf-tool commands to get the result. I will check later and update here.

There is one more advanced tool which I use long time ago: GitHub - google/orbit: C/C++ Performance Profiler (https://github.com/google/orbit)

As you already have these measurements, you can simple make a profiling on your server binary. It would give you some smell on where things are critical and you can maybe improve by yourself.

If you are using linux there is a tool that you can use: perf-tool. I don't remmember the correct words by now, but it is something like:

and late you can use other perf-tool commands to get the result. I will check later and update here.

There is one more advanced tool which I use long time ago: GitHub - google/orbit: C/C++ Performance Profiler (https://github.com/google/orbit)
I found something: when i run with a player in desert, near monster, CPU consumption get very high. CPU goes to 80, 90% and perf show this:

1643731832063.png

Back