• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Mapper Mapper and artist looking for work

Garlonk

Reaction score
Hello otland community
I am an indie game developer, working as art director/3d artist at the moment and I’m looking for a fun OT project to work on in my spare time.

24oc01l.jpg

I’ve done quite a bit of mapping for a small private server (not on otservlist) with about 20 players online about 2-3 years ago as well as a little bit of mapping on personal things that never went anywhere. The map I made had a couple of simple quests, 2 small cities and several hunting grounds.

Here are some images of old stuff i made

The vampire hideout, accessible in more than a few ways, but that doesnt mean it's easy to get there.
dzhs7n.jpg

The once forgotten and now rediscovered Deep Dwarven Mines.
2uzv3te.jpg

A simple wyvern home.
1264cjq.jpg

The orcs must be hiding something with all these locks and puzzles.

axzd5e.jpg

I was gamemaster for the most popular otserver on otservlist about 5 years ago, I can’t remember its name but it only lasted a few weeks before the host closed the server. The server averaged 100-200 players online throughout its lifetime.
I know how to make simple scripts in lua but I would prefer if I wouldn’t have to do it, as I want to mainly focus on map design and story.

Now I want to work on a project that’s already online or close to up and running. If the server is working I take as it proof that whoever is running the project is somewhat competent.
If the server is using a completely custom map it should be close to complete, as making a map from scratch for me would take several months.

My strongest skills are mapping, 2d/3d graphics and making imaginary scenes that are uniform and visually appealing. Secondary skills would be making quests/story and working on balance.
I’ll work mainly as mapper but I can do anything that involves art, video or graphics design as well.
My style of mapping is focused on gameplay and balance. I’m not the type of mapper that will spend hours on detailing an insignificant part of a cave that nobody cares about. I primarily work on the big picture and then the details tend to fall in place once the mood and story of the area is established.

I speak Swedish and English fluently and wouldn’t mind working in an international team.

If you think I could be a valuable member in your team, send me a pm with your contact and server information and I’ll get back to you.

I sent a Private Message.
I'm waiting answers.

Regards,
River.

Wow, very nice stuff. Ill message you, but here is a link to my project, currently the only person really doing much of anything, but once we get some mapping done, it would be ready to beta test for sure, if not open soon after

http://otland.net/threads/project-looking-for-all-kinds-of-team-members.214657/

Only nit picky thing i have to commit about is the squared-ness of the underground pieces, but overall, not bad. Interested in the Fan-Art just as much though!

:D by the way, great art, i knew what the monsters were before i even seen the small tibia reference pictures

hi im looking for a pro mapper, i have a real tibia 10.37 and i need a mapper to create new quest and citys .

Back