• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Melody's thread of progress (7.4RPG)

How is the map so far?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've decided to avoid to add more islands apart from the Melody island, thanks to a thread here on OTLand. The gameworld will remain simple but yet filled with adventure. All the neccessairy NPCs will be scripted and added as soon as the last part of the mapping will be complete - be prepared for a beta test after that. Thank you all for the lovely feedback!

I've decided to avoid to add more islands apart from the Melody island, thanks to a thread here on OTLand. The gameworld will remain simple but yet filled with adventure. All the neccessairy NPCs will be scripted and added as soon as the last part of the mapping will be complete - be prepared for a beta test after that. Thank you all for the lovely feedback!

For a start you should probably keep it somewhat small, but I don't see a reason to not expand it once the server is established.

For a start you should probably keep it somewhat small, but I don't see a reason to not expand it once the server is established.

Correct! I got plans for something a lot bigger, but it will be updated by time. :)

melody.png
Melody is getting more complete by each day and sadly I'm going away for the weekend, but plan to map a lot in the next week and probably finish up the map by the next weekend. These will probably be the last teasing pictures. Thank you for following, and prepare for a adventure in the soon future!

hero1.png
dragonlord1.png
firedevil2.png

I would love to work on a 7.4-7.6 server, but I have no files to use for ingame.
If you don't mind helpin' me out that'd be much appreciated :)

Never actually mapped on any client lower than 8.x so I'm interested in what I will be able to do with the limits that there are :p

I would love to work on a 7.4-7.6 server, but I have no files to use for ingame.

Never actually mapped on any client lower than 8.x so I'm interested in what I will be able to do with the limits that there are :p
if you're looking for something just to login and look @ ur maps with this will work fine: http://otland.net/threads/7-4-avesta.39366/

idk if the schema file comes with an admin account included so you can get nicaw AAC to create an acc: http://nicaw.net/Download.php

As Schmanky said. I use the Avesta distobution, that you can download here; http://otland.net/threads/7-4-avesta.39366/ , it do contains some various bugs. But for a start - it's great. :) I also plan to add additional content such as a new continent in the future for Melody, if you are intereted in cooperation.

Interesting ... let's see how the project will be. Has plans to OpenBeta/ClosedBeta TestServer?

If you haven't read every post then I want to inform you that a open beta will occur in the near future. :)

I had the honour to log onto the server and it's great! You should definitley check this project out as soon as the open beta starts!

As a retired old school mapper myself, I must say very good job. You should take off the roofing on the graveyard, and add more stalagmites on the dragon lair though.

As a retired old school mapper myself, I must say very good job. You should take off the roofing on the graveyard, and add more stalagmites on the dragon lair though.

Thank you, will definately use your advice and see what fit the most! :)

Back